Recommend Me a Good Anime (Samkiud's "to Watch" List)

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
I am a little sad , the newest line up of anime for this spring season looks rather weak. did anyone spot any gems yet?

Nah, Spring's pretty weak.
Owari no Seraph was my hope but the second episode killed it.
Maybe Plastic Memories?

As for OP, sad to hear you dropped Aoi Bungaku. Loved it.

You could add Ergo Proxy, Texhnolyze, Eve no Jikan and Rainbow to the anime list

Hotarubi no Mori e to your movie list, though not sure it fits your criteria

You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Apr 13, 2015, 12:47:34 AM
Ergo was petty darn depressing though. but that one is a good thinking anime.

as for owari, one kind of knew what that show was going to offer the moment you saw the main character was high school aged. that being said i would still watch that over 90% of other highschool themed shows because the school part is less emphasized in later chapters of the manga. Really its basically a check box in terms of the larger story.

but now the second season of knights of sidonia is airing. AND IT IS AWESOME.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Apr 13, 2015, 7:29:40 AM
Darker than black never saw a badass like hei before

gurren lagann u will love it

tokio ghoul ehm just whatch the last ep lol
Last edited by RedStark on Apr 13, 2015, 7:41:23 AM
"
RedStark wrote:
Darker than black never saw a badass like hei before

gurren lagann u will love it

tokio ghoul ehm just whatch the last ep lol

Read the manga
Ugh effort
"
"
Samkiud wrote:
  • Aoi Bungaku (6)

• I made an effort to watch it, but got bored with the first episode. Slow paced with a negative and down atmosphere. Very pessimistic if we consider the author of the first short story committed suicide. Very well produced though.

Now I'll go with Elfen Lied.

• Keep in mind that some series do take some time to get rolling. Usually I give 26 episode shows 2-3 episodes to grab me. 13 eps or shorter, they get 1-2.

Also, Aoi Bungaku is a series of different stories. There's no telling if the subsequent will be like the first.

Finally, plenty of amazing books had authors who committed suicide. It's an occupational hazard for some of the finest minds of a generation.

Anyway, it's your time, but your response to Aoi Bungaku does not bode well for some of the gems on this list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osamu_Dazai -- Wow. There's so much more to this than what you've expressed. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'm sure others know more about the suicide culture of Japan than I, but what little I do know meshes with this guy's story in interesting ways. Hm.

• I regret saying that about Aoi Bungaki, I really liked the concept of No Longer Human. However, I removed it from the list because I simply can't watch the rest of the anime, I realized I can't enjoy the rest of the adaptations if I haven't read the source material.

By the other hand, I saw Elfen Leid and liked it.

Will continue with Kaiba.
  • "
    Saltychipmunk wrote:

as for owari, one kind of knew what that show was going to offer the moment you saw the main character was high school aged. that being said i would still watch that over 90% of other highschool themed shows because the school part is less emphasized in later chapters of the manga. Really its basically a check box in terms of the larger story.

Yeah, I'm still gonna watch Owari no Seraph. I only picked up 3 series this season, 2 of them being second seasons. I've never had this few.
    You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Apr 20, 2015, 5:41:50 AM
    "
    GooberM wrote:
    "
    Saltychipmunk wrote:

Yeah, I'm still gonna watch Owari no Seraph. I only picked up 3 series this season, 2 of them being second seasons. I've never had this few.

I decided to catch up with the manga after i watched the first episode, pretty enjoyable :D
    Ugh effort
    I see you already have Claymore on that list... Thats one of my favorites! Id also recommend Corpse Princess and the Afro Samurai movies.
    IGN:Dethklok
    lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
    Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
    Old:870532
    inb4
    Spoiler
    Boku no Pico
    "
    inb4
    Spoiler
    Boku no Pico

Already mentioned it :P
    Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info