Recommend Me a Good Anime (Samkiud's "to Watch" List)

Steins;Gate is amazing. Angel Beats is good but bit sad.
"
eviL_Bison wrote:

One punch man (Anime is good, but maybe look for the Manga)

For those interested, I think I should add some info.
The manga is originally a webcomic by ONE, it is not yet finished but definitely very good, some people dont like the art (which most of the time looks like its drawn on a napkin in his free time) but I think it adds to the experience, also since it contains no filler has a very good pacing (Garou arc especially is amazing and I fear Murata version wont be as good with all the filler he's making during it)
example of some pages:

then there's the redrawn version by Murata Yusuke, which has some filler and is the version that is being converted into anime:

Also since Murata likes to make several versions of the chapters (he's a perfectionist and tend to improve the previous versions often) you might want to check them all instead of just final version if you want to drool over the art.
I hear the official printings are missing some pages unfortunately.

TLDR: first read ONE version, then Murata and check for different versions of chapters.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Dec 17, 2015, 2:37:44 PM
Ergo Proxy
Hellsing
12 kingdoms
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Rurouni Kenshin
Fullmetal Panic! Fumoffu
Haibane Renmei
Black Lagoon
Baccano!
Dennou Coil
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Death Note
Code Geass
Zipang
Daughter of 20 faces
Vision of Escaflowne
Rideback
Hikaru no Go
Howl's moving castle
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Vampire Hunter D
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Blue Gender
Blood+
Vampire Knight
Ghost in the shell: Stand alone complex
Kiseijuu
Accel World
.hack//sign
Sword Art Online
Toki wo kakeru shoujo
One Punch Man
Aldnoah Zero
Summer Wars
Spirited Away
Gantz
Paprika
Akira
Last Exile
Sidonia no Kishi
Great Teacher Onizuka
World Trigger
Pumpkin Scissors
Bokurano
Sakasama no Patema
Guin Saga
Princess Mononoke
Scrapped Princess
Read or Die
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
Witch Hunter Robin
Secret World of Arrietty
Terra e
Jyu Oh Sei
Seirei no Moribito
Shingeki no Kyojin
No game no life
Log Horizon
Claymore
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
Overlord
Dragon Ball Z
Trigun
Bleach
Berserk
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Hunter x Hunter
My Neighbor Totoro
Suisei no Gargantia
Gedo Senki
.hack//Roots

These are all anime I have watched and loved.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a shitload of them. I've watched so much anime I can't keep track of them. I'll add them here later if I remember them.
Bump for a request.

So i just watched the entire fate series, anybody else have some anime's like this?

Pretty happy i watched Fate Zero at the end after stay night and BU this seems to go better with the overall story.
I feel zero would have spoiled a bunch about the other story lines as-well as character development.

The only exception probably being Rin.

Checking out Scrapped princess now from Darkfyre's list, seems to be ok to pass the time at first sight, though nothing remarkable as of yet.
Will depend on character development in the next episodes i watch i guess.

So two things.

- Cheers Samkiud for this thread, it has become a nice little library of fine anime suggestions

\o/

- anybody got more good anime to share not already present in this thread? I sort of noticed a decline in anime quality lately which is quite sad. Might just be me and my ignorance on the subject though, so i would be happy to be proved wrong.

Cheers and peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Bump for a request.

So i just watched the entire fate series, anybody else have some anime's like this?

Pretty happy i watched Fate Zero at the end after stay night and BU this seems to go better with the overall story.
I feel zero would have spoiled a bunch about the other story lines as-well as character development.

The only exception probably being Rin.

Checking out Scrapped princess now from Darkfyre's list, seems to be ok to pass the time at first sight, though nothing remarkable as of yet.
Will depend on character development in the next episodes i watch i guess.

So two things.

- Cheers Samkiud for this thread, it has become a nice little library of fine anime suggestions

\o/

- anybody got more good anime to share not already present in this thread? I sort of noticed a decline in anime quality lately which is quite sad. Might just be me and my ignorance on the subject though, so i would be happy to be proved wrong.

Cheers and peace,

-Boem-

I actually bookmarked the thread and use it as a my personal library alongside with MyAnimeList.

I've dropped so many anime because they didn't quite catch me or because I didn't like one particular aspect: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Samkiud?status=4

I'm sorry for Steins;Gate. I strongly disliked the goofy protagonist and the filler in the dialogs. I disliked the episodic nature of Darker than Black and found the plot of narrative of Bokurano very forgotable and generic, falling into the so common "oh character drama" anime cliché, I'm avoiding those. I've enjoyed many other anime people have recommended.
Last edited by Samkiud on Mar 26, 2016, 8:24:03 PM
I watched a butt-load of anime recently since i was sick etc.

Pretty annoying that some good shows only get one season and then just die off. All in all i had a good time and i discovered i like some of the recent slice of life/romance anime's. Good feels where a blessing while i was sick and i can appreciate a "happy ending" or a "soul-crushing ending" when the build up is good.

But since i watched so many anime's that only have like 12 episodes i am currently watching some fairy tail to switch things up.(sort of in the mood for a long story now)

Not a class A anime by any means, but since i'm still in the downs of being sick it's a good way to pass the time.

Thanks for the animelist link, i might use it as-well when i'm in the mood for a switch.

Cheers Samkiud.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Ah Spring 2016 list is out!

Still need to check out Hai to Gensou no Grimgar if anyone likes medieval stuff, and Ansatsu Kyoushitsu season 2 :D

God Easter was an interesting watch, would recommend it to anyone who likes guns and stuff in a post apocalyptic world.

Have yet to watch Fate/stay zero, I've only seen Fate/Stay night heard zero was better than the first. Too many on the watch list D:
Come on Melissia, what about Mobile Suit Gundam, Iron Blooded Orphans, as well as Boku dake ga Inai Machi (aka ERASED). Those were among the best of the past 2 season, both with AMAZING plot and drama even. Iron blooded orphans is a mecha/military/futuristic anime, and ERASED is a psychological/mystery that's incredibly thrilling to watch.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
The JoJo part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable anime is coming out on April 1, and I can't wait. This part is a lot more understated than the rest of the series but it's also where it really figured itself out.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Rowanbladex wrote:
ERASED is a psychological/mystery that's incredibly thrilling to watch.

That one has been following me recently. I'll definitely watch it.

I'm currently watching Ergo Proxy, and I'm LOVING IT.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info