Recommend Me a Good Anime (Samkiud's "to Watch" List)

So Attack on Titan is super popular at the moment...

Attack on Titan is pretty much the only show I've enjoyed in a long while.

But I can recommend some classics for ya
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Evangelion
Hellsing

I really liked Soul Eater too, even though it was pretty wacky
"
Samkiud wrote:
I'm not otaku, I'm not so into the manga/anime world; it is not my thing, but since I saw Death Note I fell in love with craziness and intense mind blowing level that world can achieve, and since then, I'm looking for an anime that is up to that level. Basically, I'm looking for animes that contains one of the following themes:

-Existential subjects, such as soul and fate. Not necessarily religious matter.
-Mind games and plot twists as in Death Note.

I recently watched Gantz, and I loved it. I started to watch No Game No Life today but I realized how childish it is, so I'm looking for something more mature.

Note: I get over the Draon-Ball and Pokémon age years ago, so please, don't recommend me Digimon, Knights of the Zodiac, Naruto and that shit about tournaments, fights, friendship and pink colors. This thread is not about discussing that anyway.

You might enjoy Psycho Pass
I've been binging Jojo's Bizarre adventure for the past couple of weeks, and it's pretty incredible. I think there's an anime (or two?) to go with it, but it hasn't caught up with the manga, which is a shame because Stone Ocean and Steel Ball Run are excellent. The only thing is the manga spans more than 25 actual years of content, so it's taken a long time to even read as much as I have.

Knights of Sidonia is cool, but it's only one season so far, and honestly doesn't have a strong opening. The anime finished before introducing any of the genuinely weird stuff, which is a shame. It also finished before introducing the best character.

I watched all of Death note recently. It's got a really good dynamic, and it's an entertaining battle of wits, but it does go off the rails later. It was also kind of frustrating that Kira initially seemed to exude a field that made everyone he gets close to really dumb, and likely to fall for the most transparent ruses. Fortunately, L starts giving him a proper run for his money before too long.

Attack on Titan is also good, and has some extremely well choreographed aerial fight scenes.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
I just finished watching part 2 of the Jojo anime. They're doing an excellent job adapting the source material, and it's every bit as ridiculous and campy as I could've hoped.

I want Platinum to make a Jojo game so much.
Gameplay & Level Design
Definitely. The actual 3DMG gear scenes are exceptionally well animated, but it started introducing more and more filler towards the end.
Gameplay & Level Design
"
Pokopensuke wrote:
Did anyone mention these??

Kights of Sidonia (Quite similar to Macross Frontier)

I think I mentioned this. I love this guy's weird, sprawling sci-fi landscapes so much.
Gameplay & Level Design
Nice! I can't wait until they introduce the best character.
Gameplay & Level Design
"
enveratise wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Nice! I can't wait until they introduce the best character.

If you mean who I think you mean, they already did introduce her in the last few seconds of the first episode. pretty cool. way behind the Manga though.

I know, but that's just a teaser, it doesn't count.
Gameplay & Level Design
Hellsing
Ergo Proxy
Samurai Champloo (was mentioned already but not on the list!)
Akira

Ah Spring 2016 list is out!

Still need to check out Hai to Gensou no Grimgar if anyone likes medieval stuff, and Ansatsu Kyoushitsu season 2 :D

God Easter was an interesting watch, would recommend it to anyone who likes guns and stuff in a post apocalyptic world.

Have yet to watch Fate/stay zero, I've only seen Fate/Stay night heard zero was better than the first. Too many on the watch list D:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info