Melee Balancing Ideas

I for one think that the new "Fortify" buff is a great step in the right direction. I have played both ranged and melee and melee is at a great disadvantage. It takes the damage and armor doesn't scale to content. Ie as soon as you hit merciless the enemy level can skyrocket over yours by act 3 putting you 5-6 levels under if you are steam rolling though. The rate at you acquire the armor will not keep up with at least 50% damage reduction from white mobs which an evasion character can easily attain.

A few ideas to run by you guys and GGG. First the buff is a great start but maybe putting more base armor on pure armor pieces will help. Say enough that all Ilv 60 can give you roughly 40-50% reduction against even level mobs or slightly higher since other ranged can burn through them.

Second Bows are great atm I see a lot of people saying to nerf them, however, I feel they should be fine. We need to bring the 2 handed weapons up to par if we want people to use them. Since bows can have 6 sockets and quivers how about adding "Grips"? 2-handed weapon grips can allow the equivalent of quivers.

I know this is my first real post and I have only been playing for about a year but after playing a few melee I see the imbalance as GGG obviously has also. I'm no here to whine and I'm looking for real feed back. I want melee to be as used as ranged in this game ass it has so much potential.

P.s. Some idea's are my own and some I have read off of forums, saw on Youtube, etc. I don't have links to those particular sources but credit where it is due.
Last edited by nephilim86 on Mar 31, 2015, 1:24:36 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Idea's why?
isnt that used for possession
plural of idea is ideas
is that simple
"
qwertazx wrote:
Idea's why?
plural of idea is ideas
is that simple
"
qwertazx wrote:
Idea's why?
plural of idea is ideas
is that simple

Fixed. P.s. It's that simple. Grammar police.....
I hope they buff monster defense too then because otherwise this smell too much like the usual "i dont wanna die and faceroll everything" hypocrisy this forum always offers.
Armor ratio works for all the builds, not only melee, and GGG wants to buff only melee survavility because rangeds and STers are fine atm.

Agree with the ''grip'' option in 2HW, maybe GGG could add something like an arm guard (manica) and a shoulder guard (galerus), i.e. used by the retiarius in Roma.

Spoiler

Bows are fine.

This new skill will be great because the new act got higher level maps, and 2HW builds are bad enough now, with better monsters could become even worst.

Thanks for your suggestion and welcome to the forum, just ignore the trolls.
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/
Last edited by robotamen on Mar 31, 2015, 1:51:44 PM
We aren't talking damage. Just melee needs an edge against damage since they're wading into battle. They don't need invulnerability just that edge that ranged gets for just being ranged. You can do high dps and kill everything before it even gets to you on a ranged character, therefore mitigating most if not all incoming dmg from the pack. Melee takes it to the face. I'm not against boosting mob defense but I feel it would have a negative effect on speed of play. "Bullet sponges" you might say.
Last edited by nephilim86 on Mar 31, 2015, 1:51:14 PM
"
robotamen wrote:
Armor ratio works for all the builds, not only melee, and GGG wants to buff only melee survavility because rangeds and STers are fine atm.

Agree with the ''grip'' option in 2HW, maybe GGG could add something like an arm guard (manica) and a shoulder guard (galerus), i.e. used by the retiarius in Roma.

Spoiler

Bows are fine.

Thanks for your suggestion and welcome to the forum, just ignore the trolls.

Thanks, and ty for your feedback. I like the shoulder armor idea, I feel like grips would be better because you can add damage mods, speed mods, acc, etc. The armor seems best suited for more defensive stats.

Some grip ideas. Increased dmg, Increased att speed, +melee range, adds splash, -dmg, tri resist etc. Really you can go wild.
Last edited by nephilim86 on Mar 31, 2015, 1:54:19 PM
This is either feedback or a suggestion, so you should move it.
They will move it for him.
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info