New Fortify Buff to improve Armour?

NOPE

"
Rory wrote:
I suggested adding a buff called Fortify that reduced damage taken by 25%.

+ 25% from Fortify = 84.5% Physical Damage Reduction. Against a 5k hit that Damage Reduction is equivalent to 327,096.77 Armour Rating.
In theory Fortify greatly improves the efficacy of the existing Armour Rating, but why bother at all?

Mjolner Master Race
"
Rory wrote:
We'll have a support gem that can grant Fortify (Which hasn't been fully announced yet), and this probably won't work with triggered attacks. We'll be testing it to see how it feels!

"
Rory wrote:
The duration we're currently testing with is 8 seconds (As that's twice the cooldown on the skill). We're also considering characters that don't spend all their time in Melee using it, but keeping the effect up at all times isn't anywhere near as easy if you're not always naturally in melee range and don't have speed and damage bonuses with the appropriate weapon.

Don't buy stocks in Armour.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Mar 31, 2015, 8:55:39 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yet another mandatory gem. I sure am glad they know how to fix the issues the game has!
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
Yet another mandatory gem. I sure am glad they know how to fix the issues the game has!

wow so true its amazing how you can type all of those words and they can all be true at the same time most people dont have that talent.

@OP: I'd agree with you, except I don't believe Fortify was conceived to "fix armour," because that's something that has to happen to armour itself.

By the same token, if armour "worked," your op would likely read the exact same, except it'd be about the union of AR + LC.. y'know? LC is simply a broken item balance-wise, as it'd be pretty difficult to devise a defensive buff that LC couldn't consume as well.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Again, you are trying to fit this into the game as it now works, it's going to change...melee quite a bit is going to change to make you tankier...not just dumping this skill in the game right now with no changes
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Because every build uses lightning coil and taste of hate is a super common unique.
Someday they will fix armor. Right now a single new gem or single lightning coil (with 81% resits + popping Lightning flask) is better than stacking insane 30K armor which is no small feat.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 31, 2015, 11:13:52 AM
"
Because every build uses lightning coil and taste of hate is a super common unique.

Not the point. The point is armour will be completely invalidated by these methods.
"
"

Not the point. The point is armour will be completely invalidated by these methods.

Armor is completely invalidated by immortal call, you are really just speculating on it being added now, more changes will come, then educated discussions can happen, until then I suggest we wait, unless you like speculations, then by all means ignore me.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
"

Armor is completely invalidated by immortal call, you are really just speculating on it being added now, more changes will come, then educated discussions can happen, until then I suggest we wait, unless you like speculations, then by all means ignore me.

Well yes. I'm just a little nervous that GGG keep introducing things that make armour less appealing.
We'd all best prepare our lubricants.
Don't count armor out yet.

If the rumors about CwDT+EC/IC changes have any merit, armor may be back in business. That's the number one reason why armor is such a bad investment right now -- a passive 4L v. several gear affixes and tree nodes, no-brainer.

Fortify should be seen for what it is: an attempt to give a "melee-range-only" buff. My only real fear for fortify is that it might be too easy to obtain at range, or that stacking duration means a ranged character can duck in, hit one thing, then go back to ranged safety for 25-30s.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info