League challenges

I'm going on a limb here saying that most people dislike the RNG factor of challenges and are hoping for more skill based challenges in the future. I understand that the focus of these has been on the new systems and that they are there to make sure people explore them properly (strongboxes, spirits etc.) but I don't think that should be all it is.

On the other hand the 1 month torment/bloodlines league seems slightly easier due to the less strict requirements but I think for these types of challenges it is fine. Additionally, please continue giving prices for each individual challenge. It's a lot more incentivising for those who play more casually to try and get some challenges done and get rewards based on that rather than forcing you to grind through all of them for some reward. :)

So back to the topic, I'd hope the future challenges would include more things that required you to modify your build, put you at a disadvantage and generally make completing them require you adapt to the challenge's rules. Preferably so that you wouldn't be too dependent on your RNG luck. Basically means that no "defeat a monster with 7 tormented spirits haunting it" (although that would be a cool event, put that on some unique map :D)
Here are some examples of what I mean. They are kinda hastily put together but probably demonstrates what I would like to see more of.

Ex 1.
Spoiler
Defeat the following bosses with limitations
Defeat x of these x+y bosses on merciless with the limitations placed on them
- Brutus defeated solo
- Merveil defeated without a bodyarmour or a helmet
- Fidelitas defeated by using only basic attack
- Vaal Oversoul defeated by using only unsupported skills
- Defeated Piety after destroying 30 of her portals
- Defeated Dominus after killing 50 of his minions
etc.

Ex 2.
Spoiler
Create an all-rounded character
Complete all of the following challenges with a single character
- Kill 1000 enemies with traps or mines
- Kill 1000 enemies while wearing an aura
- Kill 1000 enemies with totems
- Full clear a map using only bow skills
- Full clear a map using only melee skills
- Full clear a map using only spells
etc.

Ex 3.
Spoiler
Complete the following encounter related challenges
Complete at least x of these x+y encounters
- Open a corrupted strongbox with 6 modifiers
- Kill 150 monsters that are inside an unclaimed shrine's effect radius
- Land the final blow on a nemesis monster with your basic attack
- Defeat a unique monster that has been possessed by a tormented spirit
- Defeat a rogue exile with nothing but a weapon equipped
etc.

And as I side note I do think a couple of "Find x-y of the x new stuff we made" is completely fine in challenges. Please I'd like to move on from the "Find all x we made" if at all possible. The same goes for the "reach level 60-101" challenges they are fine too in my opinion.

Thank you (if you have been) for reading.
You're free to tell me if you disagree but please don't be a douche about it. :)
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info