Is this worth playing? I have some questions!

"
Progeekzy wrote:
OK why wont the be successful? lol.
Because this game has a hell of a learning curve. The three main components of a character build (skill tree, gems and gear) are all enormously complicated and very flexible, and each requires you to make a lot of decisions. When you're new and inexperienced, a lot of those decisions are going to be wrong, and as those pile up there will be a point (usually around level 50) where your character starts to struggle.

The best thing to do about this is to read the wiki and ask lots of questions as you go. That way you'll get a good grasp of the game in one or two characters and can start being really effective. If the idea of having your first couple of builds be very suboptimal doesn't appeal, you can also follow a build guide (which I'm sure we'll be able to help you select), but that will slow down the rate at which you learn about the game.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Even if i mess up cant i reset and rebuild?

1 shot get it right or re roll seems kinda harsh lol

I just got a look at the skill tree. Im gonna go lay down and weep for an hour.
Last edited by Progeekzy on Mar 29, 2015, 2:04:53 AM
OK so i am going for the ranger as my main.

Whats a good build for him? I know the ranger is a girl. I am not a girl. So its a guy pretending to be a girl. Him. Its a he.

Anyways. I want something thats good at soloing. Not sure if that matters. Not sure what im looking for. lol. Help?
"
Progeekzy wrote:
OK so i am going for the ranger as my main.

Whats a good build for him? I know the ranger is a girl. I am not a girl. So its a guy pretending to be a girl. Him. Its a he.

Anyways. I want something thats good at soloing. Not sure if that matters. Not sure what im looking for. lol. Help?

Tornado shot is always good. It might be nerfed in the upcoming patch, be wary of that.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Holy crap. Reading 1 thread that is apparently noob friendly i feel like i need to be a rocket scientist to figure this out.

Wheres the guide that says level 1 put a talent in this thingy. level 2, put one over here.

Ya, guess i need my hand held. If there gonna make things this difficult.....
Was it this thread? It's a great guide, but I can understand that it might be a bit too much information. Also, while the build itself is a great choice for new players, that guide might be a little confusing. I can help decode stuff if you like. Also, if you're willing to trust that I know what I'm talking about, you're welcome to PM me with any questions and I should be able to get to them within a couple of hours as long as I'm awake.

Guides won't provide level-by-level walkthroughs, because it isn't really very important. Your passive tree mostly just gives you stats. The order in which you take passives matters only on a much larger scale than single levels, which is why even the most beginner-friendly guide only shows you 10-level increments or so.

Also, to answer your earlier question, there is only limited potential to reset your character. You get 18 respec points (which let you remove a single node from your passive tree) per character through completing quests. You can get more using moderately rare items. You also get a one-use full reset per character every time a major expansion is released. But you can't just change things around at will. That's not to say that you can't salvage failed characters, because very often you can. But sometimes it's more practical to just start again.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Ya is is that one lol. As a very new player seeing all of that seems rather daunting. I would appreciate any help you are willing to give to me. I right now have 4 points and im afraid to put them anywhere lol.
Last edited by Progeekzy on Mar 29, 2015, 4:35:35 PM
As I said, just ACCEPT that your first characters will fail and learn from mistakes.

Either that or start following a build blindly and never learn why you did what you did and the next character you start will again be blind following.

(Not to say you can't play like that its just nothing I would do)
Last edited by ItsRay on Mar 29, 2015, 4:49:52 PM
Seems as if theres 2 paths in this game. Try to do it yourself, hope you get it right, fail, and end up with guys you dont get to keep.

Or follow a guide learn nothing not have to throw away your guys.

This is starting to sound less and less like fun.
I started a char yesterday, he is now on merciless (last difficulty) and level 52. This would be the point at which you pretty much see if your character " failed".

If thats too much "work" for you to put into a game might I suggest a more casual game like torchlight or diablo3?

What you are also not considering is that yes, your character may fail but you can still collect orbs and items for your next character
Last edited by ItsRay on Mar 29, 2015, 5:19:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info