Help with my lightning arrow build.

Hello all,

I've been working on a LA/chain build and I'm looking for some advice, somewhat new to the game

Now at 69(lol) almost 70 and I'm having problems with DMG and little with survivability(I know this is down to my bad res.)

That and I've got to the point where I'm not sure on where I want to go on the skill tree.
This is my tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-JJ1iWt-YlcjEotwVp9T-yBsBGf7h26GkBfn5Y5smMgGyGc96Yet6U-jW6xTN6iLqsTDaZKOKI_ZNko19MHxRR5UFCIma8V1oyqnZxjKUfwKm4O4OVvp31znUdvcx-qCfb_L8xd0NkApbr04qKaW2QY1-zZjqYre2dcu-p25p1fhDMRvIhO907XrvBS1hIRpVZKM26IZgMn5noA==

And my bow and armor.

The tabula because I couldnt find a 6 link I wanted that I could afford.(that comes later when I can)
Runing clarity(BM gem) and hatred as auras
I'm am not sure if I want to go BM or not.
My single target is burning arrow and is doing almost 11K dmg which is ok I guess, Leveling a puncture and frenzy to try them out too.
My LS is only doing 2100 and is okay running solo 66 maps but as soon as I'm in a party of more the two I run into problems.
I'd like to ad a second dmg buffing arua but not sure what would be best.
I would also like to know if I should keep Iron reflexes or drop it? It looked good at the time.

What would you guys change?

HALP

pls
Last edited by moose_338 on Mar 28, 2015, 12:06:55 AM
1) having Iron reflexes with ranged evasion char is really a bad idea in 98% of cases (2% are builds that fight at very close range). Ondars guile + (phase) Acro is the way to go for ranged. Also, if you want to survive (especialy with tabula), your second aura should be Grace

2) you waste many passive points going for Iron grip, not having the Strength to justify the investment

3) added lightning is a bad support in this case. your damage is based on phys and you have no modifiers that improve added ele damage. You should probably use Weapon elemental damage support (or drop tabula for some decent rare 5L eva chest)... same for added damage gems in a bow setup

4) you have 2 supports that has damage penalty but allows you to hit the target multiple times. Do you have troubles with actual kill speed or with tooltip only? In a party mobs have much more HP, you cant expect killing them fast alone, unless your build is super strong

5) Investment in mana passives seems pointless (unless the increased mana is crucial to sustain mana via leech). You should not need Clarity either, your mana management should be covered by one mana leech mod on jewelry or tree.. If you spec in mana nodes because of auras, you should replace them with Charisma cluster (aura passives)

6) Your HP is most likely too low
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
1) having Iron reflexes with ranged evasion char is really a bad idea in 98% of cases (2% are builds that fight at very close range). Ondars guile + (phase) Acro is the way to go for ranged. Also, if you want to survive (especialy with tabula), your second aura should be Grace

2) you waste many passive points going for Iron grip, not having the Strength to justify the investment

3) added lightning is a bad support in this case. your damage is based on phys and you have no modifiers that improve added ele damage. You should probably use Weapon elemental damage support (or drop tabula for some decent rare 5L eva chest)... same for added damage gems in a bow setup

4) you have 2 supports that has damage penalty but allows you to hit the target multiple times. Do you have troubles with actual kill speed or with tooltip only? In a party mobs have much more HP, you cant expect killing them fast alone, unless your build is super strong

5) Investment in mana passives seems pointless (unless the increased mana is crucial to sustain mana via leech). You should not need Clarity either, your mana management should be covered by one mana leech mod on jewelry or tree.. If you spec in mana nodes because of auras, you should replace them with Charisma cluster (aura passives)

6) Your HP is most likely too low

1/ droped IR speced into ondars and working on phase

2/ drop iron grip and went for more life nodes. What the opinion on the 2% phys dmg leached back nope in the top right corner of the tree?

3-4/ I was having some issues with kill speed in partys to be exact and it was getting me killed. I switched out to added ele dmg and gain 700 DMG for my lightning arrow. Plan on getting one and using it on my single target skill as well.

5/ I have those point in to mana passives and clarity as I was having real trouble with Mana to spam LA, I have been working on gear and will take this to mind. I will also re spec to Charisma nodes when I can.

6/ used some of the points from dropping iron grip to get more HP

Any other advice is appreciated!
1) you still need evasion to be high enough. with tabula and a bow, grace aura is a must

2,5) do simple calculation of mana leech viability

first multiply LA mana cost with APS to get mana cost per second
then multiply your max mana with 0.125 to get mana leech rate per second

if the leech rate is higher than mana cost, youll leech fine (probably with one 2% mana leech mod from gear or tree). If its close then you can get more mana to increase leech rate

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Mar 28, 2015, 7:47:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info