the huge difference loot RNG can make, when it's actually on your side

Is this guy trolling or this is a legit thread?
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

Lukcy / skil

lukc
Last edited by chromafunk on Mar 27, 2015, 11:29:45 PM
"
anvilgod wrote:
People trashing OP, just because of RNG. BMBI and other elitists, you have good equips only because you got lucky. Nothing else, just lucky.

Lucky lucky lucky.

Spoiler

Lucky.

It´s skill. Really... trust me in the forum they all say rng is skill. Even TriG admits it.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Last edited by Spysong192 on Mar 27, 2015, 11:25:09 PM
after taking a break of 4month(?)

this thing dropped

Spoiler

in the new league xd
For people saying this is what "Self found gear looks like" (I play self found all of the time)

It's a literal 1 chaos item. (It's like the dozens of swords you find with 50% ipd, some crit and some attack speed)

Do you think people who find items like that not find the item themselves to sell for 1 chaos? It sells for one chaos because it's decent enough to sell to someone but common enough for be that low.

This is like me making an RNG thread about how big a difference if it makes if I get a goldrim drop or something.

I'll be hard for me to pinpoint a massive upgrade spike while leveling in the 1-60 range if this is the standard we are going by.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Mar 28, 2015, 12:05:41 AM
First time running a sword based char and had gl crafting so far

for leveling weapons

**Iv said it once ill say it again if someone doesnt have a peice of gear that went legacy you _____________________________clearly didnt want to play the build at the time it was OP.**__________________
"
rockmassif wrote:

It's probably bait and BMBI took it :3
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
rockmassif wrote:

It's probably bait and BMBI took it :3

it's neither,

I know some people here barely remember when was the last time they ran anything but a 77+ map or Atziri (with MF gear), and take care to level a new character with the best leveling gear Orbs can buy.
it would be impossible for me to explain them, just how good it really feels to get RNG grant you a gift like this, when you need it most. one item, turning a mediocre (though extremely fun) caster "instant A3Cruel-viable". heck, this Sceptre is worth going into Merciless++ with. I hope not to squander it by RIPing to Dominus or something.

some people understood my intention, and linked/described their awesome upgrades.
was fun to see that.
for a second, I thought you did too Xav, linking that 2-Hander.
well, for half a second actually.

@Anu, thanks for your support man.
it's great that even though you are "AnuRich" right now with pretty sick gear - which would probably make a "trade-baron" out of you, if you actually traded - you still remember these small joys of RNG giving you what you need, when you need it.

as for Knockback: KB saved me from the dreaded Chaos Leaper in Sewers yesterday. and it's an integral part of the way this character is played:
Ball Lightning Curse on Hit Frostbite, then start bombarding with Faster Projectiles + Knockback Freezing Pulse until stuff are standing still far enough from causing trouble, then move right in and shotgun the crap out of them with LMP, while they can't really do anything about it.
offence is the best defence.
for this, the Sceptre I linked in OP is absolutely fkn brilliant.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Mar 28, 2015, 2:51:22 AM
"
You have those items equipped?

At level 70? WTF?

Is this everyone that has this terrible gear issue? I mean like this char is level 78 and I consider her to be my worst geared/weakest character.. except the armor of course, which most of the time she wouldn't have and would just have one of my dozens of random rare 5 links

This is when I get mad.

When people link 6-link items & shit, with their characters at max res's and everything, and they act like their gear isn't even good.

MOST people have never found an item worth more than 1 Chaos, and MOST people have never actually found a single Exalt in over a year of playing.

I know you find an Exalt every week, and get big-ticket drops every other day. But that's not most of us.
No wonder people who proudly play self-found think it's hard. Reading this thread this is more of a L2P issue then the loot.

I always level up to at least 55 before I start buying anything, and even in the end, and usually only buy two or three items per end game character. Almost always specific uniques like rat's nest, Atziri's Step or something like that.

Self-found hype/crafting.
Just use the masters and the recipes.

My chest is the one gear im going to craft and upgrade to next.

Oh and by the way, every single 6 socket item you find is worth more then 1 chaos, the more you know! The less you exaggerate.
Last edited by t_t on Mar 28, 2015, 4:02:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info