PC/Windows Issue(non Poe related)

Just about yesterday I faced an extremely laggy windows boot up, it s so bad, it would take like 2 minutes to load just a folder, in that state it's impossible to work with that poor performance. Then, suddenly, after a half hour or an hour it stops lagging like nothing ever happened before and it works just fine, but after some time it starts lagging again. What could that be? Virus? Driver Issues? Decide to ask here first before reinstalling Windows, maybe some of you guys know how to fix this pefromance issue, or maybe somebody else experienced it before. Doesn't hurt to ask I thought, heh :)
How much memory (RAM) does the computer have? If the answer is "enough", then reinstall windows.
Well, it s enough to ran POE, but definitely is outdated, going to purchase a new PC soon, but gotta wait till the summer probably. Thing that s weird is everything was working great before yesterday, wish I could find out where that performance issue is coming from.
Windows isn't a very transparent operating system. If you don't see an obvious resource shortage, then you've probably got one of those things you mentioned, and the solution isn't to fix it yourself, but to simply re-install from scratch. If the problem persists, it might be the hardware.
Possible it could have been installing some windows updates. It's also possible, you may have some spyware or something running in the background hogging your resources.

Personally, something suspect like that, I'd download your hard drive diagnostic utility from the manufacturer, and run the tests (start with short, then do long overnight). If all checks out, I'd re-install the OS.

That's just me though, dunno if you have the Cds for the os.
Couple of months ago friend had the same situations - windows booted for like 20 minutes. In that case the reason was simple: there was literally no free space on disk C:.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info