Looking for feedback on this one month plan

Let's call it the "Generic Warrior" build...

Main focus on the character is sort of a lack of focus or in other words flexibility for opportunistic play. I'm using Static strike along with hatred and herald of ash since the combo seems to work well in pretty much all situations I've tried, which I'll admit isn't a whole lot since I'm still fairly new to PoE and heavily favor melee characters. Actually I leave Hatred off most of the time for now and will use it full time after I get some mana leech happening. I'll heavily favor claws for the added tankiness from the life on hit/leech but could also dual wield any one handed weapons depending on what happens to fall in my lap as long as I can cover the needed life gain on some gears or by skill gem support.

I have tried to go for more attack speed and some accuracy in hopes of getting some crits, mostly for status ailment application rather than outright damage, and also to simultaneously increase DPS and life gain. I'm also a big fan of move speed and have taken several nodes, and have also taken a few all resist nodes to take some pressure off my expected crummy jewelry. So I guess the guy will be a bit of a cockroach despite what the Gemling Queen may say, lol.

Also the tree is kind of flexible in that Iron Reflexes, Vaal Pact and Iron Reflexes are very close if I later decide to spec into any of those.

And here's the planned 100 point tree, which seems a comfortably attainable spot for me.

Basic features from that tree are:

175% increased max life
+94 to max life
70% increased armour
72% increased evasion and armour
80% increased recovery from flasks
27% to all elemental resistances
18% increased movement speed

82% increased accuracy rating (with one handed weapons)
75% increased attack speed (while dual wielding)
182% increased phys damage (while dual wielding)
168% crit chance (dual wielding)

Currently my guy is level 32 and his tree looks like this...

He has the expected crappy gear and seems to be getting along fine in Act 3 normal. Has had a few deaths along the way but generally has been fine against corrupted zone bosses and has not died yet to a normal boss encounter. We'll see tonight if Dominus changes that but I'll have my lightning ring on for him!

Other than being overall sort of lackluster, I'd appreciate any feedback if you see I've seriously messed anything up as well as if I've missed a really good opportunity nearby on this planned tree.
No comments yet? Might be a sign that it's not too horrible then. I did manage to make it up to act 2 cruel with another 3 deaths for the night. All deaths were in corrupted zones and two were to the all seeing eyeball lightning thing. Seems to be running pretty much as planned.

Here's his crappy gear carrying him along at the moment...

Spoiler

Actually the mana flasks aren't in use right now. I was using them while running static strike on mana instead of life but got tired of blipping the flask every 5 seconds

Here's his tree at 49 points. https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAAdwDhwqbEdUV7Bm0LOk1kjwtQzFHfkp9U7tXl2BBY3BlTWebZ6B343gNeOuE2Yd2ivCVZqlurj6wq7Xytz65Hb02voq-p7_VxILGrsrT037Yvd0N45_kUecK73rv4_zF_go=
Last edited by rarugren on Mar 26, 2015, 8:31:01 AM
It could also mean it's too large a wall of text for anyone to read. :P

just skimmed a bit, and some tips.

Instead of doing the versatile shtick, just pick a weapon, any weapon, then build yourself on that. If you want to make a build centric to another weapon, do so. Rerolling's a big thing in this game, after all.

Static Strike doesn't play well with Claws since the leech is physical damage; Static strike converts physical to elemental so the leech isn't truly efficient.

I dunno about dual wielding with Static Strike. sure you get the bonuses, but you'd need two similar dps weapons and you lose the ability to wear a shield.

At least you're good on your life though.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Wall of text, that is my problem all right. I seem to just get rolling and...

I didn't realize that about SS and claws, I'll look into it and see what I can do to sharpen things up a bit. Up to level 48 now and it's getting painfully slow going. Just did Cruel Vaal Oversoul and must have taken 5 or 6 minutes. I didn't die but man was that slow.

I'll try to pick a promising direction and adjust accordingly, thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info