Shields, Please Answer lol

Anyone know the highest base block % chance on the various shields? Comparing trying to attempt a viable blocking build with dual wielding to just wearing the best block chance shield.

Also, does block recovery mean there is a cooldown timer between blocks? Like, Can you only block so many times a second, if you are taking too many hits at a time are you unable to block them all even with successful block rolls?
Last edited by Ahhdam on Nov 17, 2011, 1:32:59 PM
24 views, maybe no one KNOWS the answer?
I'll guess and say 35%

And I also mentioned yesterday about a GCD on the shield blocks but was shot down, so you'll have to wait for someone smarter than me to answer that =)
I am almost positive this information is covered on the "game mechanics" thread.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
I am almost positive this information is covered on the "game mechanics" thread.

It doesn't, that's why it was asked...

It mentions block animation being played but that does not mean you can or can not block for a certain period of time afterwards.
several item slots can get the magic ability "reduced block and stun recovery".. I have always assumed this meant there was a recovery time between block attempts or successes
Or maybe a successful block mini stuns your character as he is devoting his focus to performing the block. Maybe block recovery allows you to maintain a higher attack speed.
When you block a hit, you take no damage from the hit.
However, if the hit would have caused a stun, you spend the duration of that stun playing the block animation - effectively you don't block the stun, it just changes the animation you play. So blocking a stunning hit doesn't remove the interruption of the stun (if it did, blocking would be broken.
Block recovery decreases the duration you play the block animation for, meaning you're 'stunned' for less time.
Note that blocking will never interrupt you to play the block animation unless the hit you block would have stunned you for that time anyway, so blocking is never a bad thing.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
When you block a hit, you take no damage from the hit.
However, if the hit would have caused a stun, you spend the duration of that stun playing the block animation - effectively you don't block the stun, it just changes the animation you play. So blocking a stunning hit doesn't remove the interruption of the stun (if it did, blocking would be broken.
Block recovery decreases the duration you play the block animation for, meaning you're 'stunned' for less time.
Note that blocking will never interrupt you to play the block animation unless the hit you block would have stunned you for that time anyway, so blocking is never a bad thing.

I think the question being asked is whether or not you can block, while you are in already in block recovery or stunned.
I would assume the answer is yes and have said so, but I can't guarantee that for these folks.
Last edited by Malice on Nov 17, 2011, 7:12:02 PM
Oh, I see.
Yes, you can.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info