should minions benifit from conduit?

this topic has shown up in the past and quickly sank into obscurity before but i think it is worth debate again with a new expansion looming over us .

So as many know conduit is that throwaway node high level players or dedicated support builds get to throw up a very minior bonus to their mates in team play.

it is essentially worth absolutely nothing in solo play which is without a doubt the preferred play style for this game.

given its location ( pretty much right in the middle of the rather massive area that contains all the minion nodes)

why not allow conduit to affect minions.

now when i say conduit affecting minions i mean YOUR conduit , and not some one else's conduit. I view minions in this game to be allies of the one who summoned them only and no one else.

As many summoners can attest leveling minion builds in the early game sucks ASS. and the primary reasons for this are as follow .

1 cant cap minion resists easily, until you can actually run a purity / hatred without taking your whole mana globe or use necronomic aegis your minions will not have any more resists than 50 - 60.

giving them a few endurance charges would address this. ( and good god non necro aegis minions that arent srs need some durability)

2 early game minions hit at the speed of valve time. easy frenzy charges would help these poor fools alot in that department .. or maybe give them an attack that doesn't take 1.7 seconds to complete.. in this case though lets go with frenzy charges .

3 minions dont get armor , no the armor they do get is not armor it is wet tissue paper draped over a bag of soggy noodles. endurance charges would help with their mitigation issues.

4 i want a viable crit minion build for the lulz , ( could not really think of anything useful for power charges out side of this and my fondness of the color blue ... sorry)

thoughts?
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 25, 2015, 11:39:46 AM
it might be op and hard to balance but it would be awesome for summoner build diversity

9 frenzy charge titty bitches or 9 power charge crit flame sentinels with EE
would love such a change but it wont happen iam pretty sure of it

9 endu charge bonestalker hahaha
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
ventiman wrote:
it might be op and hard to balance but it would be awesome for summoner build diversity

9 frenzy charge titty bitches or 9 power charge crit flame sentinels with EE
would love such a change but it wont happen iam pretty sure of it

9 endu charge bonestalker hahaha

well keep in mind minions have a cap of 3 each , sharing charges does not share cap,
but i do believe the charges minions do get are much more powerful.
Those undying discharger things would be pretty crazy, ever run into a big pack of those on a "monsters gain x charge every 15 seconds". It's pretty frightening getting flicker/discharged twelve times in a row.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
oh my yeah it would be , and it would be a fun build to watch , i would imagine something like a echo enduring cry power charge on crit frenzy bow conduit summoner with a pack of 4 of those specters would be so awesome

of course it would need to probably be a harbinger bow with crit and hits cannot be evaded. so you can get like an easy 30 - 40% crit rate with minimal investment

man i want conduit minions now damn it
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 25, 2015, 1:53:37 PM
I think GGG was clearly against the idea, but I dont see why not. max of 3 charges wont ever do much of anything that can be considered op imo. endurance charges help with survivability a bit, frenzy and power with dps a bit.

specially since now spectre/zombie summoners are not that powerful anymore and have very limited ceiling.

that change + new act 4 spectres would easily make me roll a summoner when the big update comes around
Last edited by grepman on Mar 25, 2015, 4:48:13 PM
iirc charges have a much larger effect on monsters, including minions. Enemies get a LOT more attack speed than 5% from frenzy, endurance charges give a LOT more than just 4%, that much is obvious. So this is likely why conduit will never have this behaviour.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
Wooser69 wrote:
iirc charges have a much larger effect on monsters, including minions. Enemies get a LOT more attack speed than 5% from frenzy, endurance charges give a LOT more than just 4%, that much is obvious. So this is likely why conduit will never have this behaviour.
ah, that's probably it.
For some reason Conduit is always like REALLY close to Necromantic Aegis. So I feel like they want you to use Necro Aegis and sacrifice defenses and definitely definitely not stack both on minions.
I could see a "Why the hell not" if one or the other node were elsewhere, but that's just kind of how they've always been situated. (Conduit I get, it makes sense close to the center. But Necro Aegis always puzzled me.
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
well lets keep this in perspective , in order for this to be used fully you would need to give up gear slots worth of gems to house your charge generating skills.

necromancers (appart from the already op srs) have massive space issues between flesh offering / bone offering (which really should be one skill) convocation (which really should not be a skill and instead a quality of life thing) your auras , your 2 - 3 -4 minion types

any curses , any movment spells.

so it is not like granting conduit would some how be a cost free bonus on minions. it would without a doubt require sacrifices else-ware on your build

and srs really would not benefit at all from this, since again you would need to use charge creating skills this would inevitably detracted from creating more srs.

lets assume that charges do 3 times as much on minions (which i believe is mostly accurate)

for frenzy this is about 45% increased attack speed which i must say is good but only slightly better than using haste and at best on par with flesh offering. additionally frenzy charges can be generated by a certain mob in the game... even if that mob is otherwise shit.

power charges would at best raise the crit rate of minions to 21% minions dont gain access to multi or chance on the tree so at best we are talking about 21% chance to crit with a multi of maybe 225%

not even close to being powerful.

and finally endurance charges would be the equivalent to about 45% damage mitigation. that is considerable but also remember minions dont get any real armor, no do they gain access to things like granite flasks.

high physical damage as it is now will go right through and crush their hp pools.

finally remeber that charge use is a constant tedious affair, it is not something one simply casts once and forgets , generation would need to be core to the build rather than a nifty topping to consider.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 26, 2015, 7:19:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info