[1.3.1] Blackdepp's Arc Witch (inexpensive)

Tbh chain is a very bad support gem for arc.

Chain lowers the damage drasticly for adding only 2 chains.
Arc itself chains at lv. 21 (lv. 20 gem + geofris) 6 times, so it hits up to 7 targets. To hit 7 targets with one single attack is more than enough to easily deal with groups. Imo arc is one of the best multi target skills in this game.
IGN - Blackdepp
Thanks for the reply. Another question... When does Arc overpower Lightning Tendrils? Is it only meant for endgame when the chains are 6-7? I am currently level 33 and Tendrils is doing twice the damage as Arc, and isn't target capped.
Lightning tendrils needs AOE scaling. For leveling it might be fine, but imo for endgame a fourlink dosn't suite lightning tendirls. This build is ment to be an arc witch, but if you find yourself more comfortable with lightning tendrils go ahead (:

(btw: lightning tendirls will be nerfed in the new expansion)
IGN - Blackdepp
Tested Lightning Tendrils with a few passive AOE nodes and it worked out ok.

Though with conc effect it might be a single target option for atziri?
IGN - Blackdepp
Last edited by Blackdepp on Jun 29, 2015, 12:50:38 PM
Thank you for this build and keep up with the thread. I'm really liking trying this out!
Awakening-Thoughts:
As mentioned before the CwDT-IC-EC-Setup wont work anymore, and i just didn't bother to make it work with selfcast EC. I replaced it with Chaos Golem-Minion Life-Minion Res. The little boy tanks like a boss. I didn't bother to try out skelli totem, but that might work as well.

I did not go for EB, because i don't really like the new system that much. Mana Reg not going for the Energy Shield on the Mana globe makes it hard for any fast casting spells to keep up. Sadly my regen never went high enough so i could use Arctic Armor (but it's possible, i guess), so i went with Herald of Thunder-Clarity-Purity of Lightning as my aura setup. But i got some ES as support for my life pool, which was nice.

I tried Innervate in some of the links. I am still not really sure if it's better or worse than Lightning Penetration (hard to judge without any actual DPS-Increase on the tooltip for a noob like me), but i really like the gem. In the end i was running Herald of Thunder-Curse on Hit-Conductivity-Innervate. Some times you get the Onslaught-Buff, sometimes not, it was okay i think. But since Red. Mana wouldn't work anymore, what else to link here?

I never touched maps higher than 68 (little spare time :( ), but even without Saffels and Coil this build could rock some shit. Just keep a little more eye on your positioning, keep the pots full and run if something comes close to you.

My final tree (level 70 or something):
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMEBwSzBx4HpQj0DkgQWBEPEZYTnhSwFm8Wvxo4GmwfAiSqJpUnLyycMjQ2xTbpOlg62EPIRtdJUUmyTC1PBFVLVcZXK1nzW6Bd8l8qYeJo8mpDbRlxhXIPdFV2EXwOfjN-r3_GghCCHoKbg9uIQow2jRmQVZUumjudrqIApJGnCKdVrJixQrzqvYLAVMBmwcXMt9V11abYJNlf2rndjN-K37DgEuFz42rkIuTs6QLr5Ow47TzwH_DV_rM=
As you can see some jewel slots are nearby. Sadly i didn't got my hands on some nice caster jewel, but if you do, it's easy to place in the build. Assassin's Haste could really work well, i guess.

I might use this build when Awakening goes live, because it was really fun. Fast clear speed and the rush of mediocre tanking abilities made it fun to play.

"
rAx wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Another question... When does Arc overpower Lightning Tendrils? Is it only meant for endgame when the chains are 6-7? I am currently level 33 and Tendrils is doing twice the damage as Arc, and isn't target capped.

I switched from Tendrils to Arc as soon as i got my Spell Echo (End of Normal Difficulty for Awakening). From here on Arc was just superior. The insane cast speed, auto-targeting and higher (kind of) AoE and range make it just better then Tendrils imo.

Last edited by Kopfnuss on Jul 2, 2015, 3:51:03 AM
Thank you for your thoughts Kopfnuss.
I agree with a lot of it.

Though I've thought about it myself too.
AA dosn't need no mana regen anymore, only mana reservation.
That combined with Purity of Lightning, Herald of Thunder and Clarity (if and when leveled as far as needed) are the "new auras" for this build I suggest. I would have loved to pick up Wrath, but the investment into aura passives and the need of Enlighten dosn't suite the style of this build.

For the CWDT part I'm not sure yet. I though about using it with molten shell and Life Leech.
The Chaos Brolem will be part of the new version as well. Minion Life, Minion Res, Life Leech, Fortify, ... tones of options I haven't decided yet.

I also thought about integrating jewels. And by comparing your passive tree with what I've though about so far there are defenetly some parallels :b (klick here)

Saffel's Frame and Lightning Coil are of course not mendetory when you only play low level maps. But once you hit 80+ and roll 75+ maps with hard mods you need that sort of defense.

I hope this helps. I've you have anything else to mention or discuss please let me know (:
IGN - Blackdepp
ITS SO DIFFICULT TO GET THE CORRECT NUMBER OF BLUES ON LIGHTNING COIL
You don't need to color three times blue on the lightning coil.
Change the gems in the boots and those in lightning coil and you are good to go. Of course energy shield armour boots would help.
IGN - Blackdepp
Hi there! I'm completely new to POE and came across your guide which is helping great, however reading through your forum and comments i noticed you updated your skills tree since "the awakening" but the links you posted to poepd say that the site is now down so i was wondering if youd mind posting a ss or an updated link please? thanks :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info