[PvP] LLD Templar Firestormer, +Sparker respec

Hey there, going to go through a quick and simple explanation of my take on playing a firestorm character in LLD. Will start off with the standard firestorm setup, and gear/gem swaps to use for various situations. At the end will include a small section for the sparker respec (can share almost all the same gear, much stronger spec at taking down melee builds.)

Passive Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAA-4Esxo4Hb4nLzOHPC1DyEbXTP9PBFugY_1o8nGFeuZ8DnxLgpuQVZZ0mjuiAKdVr2zAGsBm1abhc-w47TzwH_nd

Most of the tree is very straightforward. We start with life/mana/mana regen for defense, and to make up for the fact that we will have very little mana regeneration on gear. Righteous decree is picked up due to %reduced mana cost working very well with elreon jewelry, and we need it to be able to spam firestorm.

Potency of Will makes it easier for our firestorms to zone out/cover large portions of the map, as well as increasing the duration of TC and molten shell.

We sacrifice 1 passive point to gain Oak's favor for extra life.

Main gear

**Note that if molten shell (only used against melee characters) is to be used it will replace the stun gem in our tabula.

Weapons are fairly straightforward, we want damage and lots of it. Block chance is a great prefix to craft if you have the currency to craft for an item with no wasted stats, otherwise 1 wasted prefix is fine.

+1 Tabula and gloves very straightforward, +1 implicits are extremely strong with spells.

All the rares are used for pure stats, most importantly we need enough dex to use all the green gems.

Asenath's Mark is extremely powerful for what the build needs. The cast speed and move speed both guarantee we will spend less time stuck in cast animations/standing in 1 spot, which can be a problem with firestorm. Being mobile as a firestorm build is mandatory. The stun recovery and mana regen are self explanatory, and the only source of these stats from gear.

Flasks are set up for blitz style events, but the quicksilver is good in best of 7 as well against trapper or melee builds.

Other gear/gems

First, the stuff that doesn't need to be explained.

__________________________________________________________________________________

These can be used in place of the stun gem against a ranged character that is using stun immunity.

This is used when we swap in stun immunity, for better stats and the ability to move our clarity out of a sceptre.

This is used against characters using Elemental Equilibrium.

This is used against bow characters that are NOT focused around traps.

These boots have a few useful situations. They can work against melee characters who aren't attempting to clear your traps. They can also be used against anybody without freeze immunity, if you can hit them while they are frozen they are as good as dead. And they can be used simply to stack 3 traps ontop of eachother and try to bait your opponent into the stack for an instant kill (usually).

Replace bear trap with this against highly mobile bow-trapper characters to help with clearing traps, as the lockdown from bear trap is only useful against bow characters if they try to get in your face.

Sparker passive tree respec

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMo-jwtQYdDyEz_TwRboF7AaPJ8DnxLgpuCx4halnSYrZo7oEKiAKdVr2y3PsBmxq7Vpti94XPtPPAf-d356P4K

Only really effective against melee characters, combo super high DPS from spark with an EE'd Molten shell in the +1 sceptre for insane bursts.

Last edited by Dsfarblarwaggle on Mar 23, 2015, 7:00:07 PM
Please, no more burning balls no MORE...HEHEH

congratz on your win man, those were some serious balls from hell.
Last edited by Blizzsucks on Mar 23, 2015, 7:13:23 PM
Very nice, dude. I had also thought about this build at the start of the league but never got around to making it due to the expense of it, but it's great to see it completed on standard just to stare at the final product.
What are those, old spell prefix's??? double spell dmg.
"
enemymigs wrote:
What are those, old spell prefix's??? double spell dmg.

Since you can't craft the hybrid spell damage/mana with a master, you try to roll top hybrid and then regal.
acct/nick- lildonut
gz on #1 us! ty for sharing this build.
I'm really surprised you didn't have +3 bear traps, those things felt like an eternity :D.
Gongratz on winning the US event :) Thanks for the great build. Tried this in season 1 but didnt seem to get it right. After seeing you dominate in season 2 i decided to remake it. Just posting my ''budget'' version of gear that managed to get me to the eu invitational

Tree really similar, swapping between aoe nodes and mana&reduced mana cost nodes depending on opponent (invitational) normally i went with the same tree
pvp loooooooool
Last edited by eMbbuZomg on Mar 24, 2015, 9:02:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info