What are Standard/Hardcore leagues for you?

http://strawpoll.me/3946068
No league bashing please

Just curious on how people use perma leagues
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Mar 23, 2015, 6:05:18 PM
Not gonna fall for this strawpoll thing.

I play leagues like this:

Standard > HC > Temp SC > Temp HC

Races in between.
"

Races in between.
So this means
"Somewhere i play POE" which is a nice thing, there are no bad answers

and if you dont want to answer the poll, i can use my vote as ur voice, since i never vote on my polls
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
I play HC only unless temp leagues have mods I really really like. Nemesis and Ambush were awesome, for example.

Beyond and Bloodlines were crappy, so I just went back to HC.
http://slysherz.blogspot.com
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"

Races in between.
So this means

and if you dont want to answer the poll, i can use my vote as ur voice, since i never vote on my polls

Not sure if antagonistic, hating on my choice or serious. :/
For the first time I completely skipped the temp leagues as I wanted to get level 90 and do high level maps. In temp leagues, even with the time I play (which is above average I think?) my highest was a 89 and I didn't even reach 74 maps (I don't start a level of maps until I have at least 10 or so, that's just me). I enjoyed my storm caller in standard, 92,25 now and I've finally seen every map ;)
I was tired of starting over all the time, while I actually enjoy new leagues I barely like to trade so I guess that's why I didn't mind having fun in standard where I have more gear and orbs to craft etc...
I'll play in the new temp leagues when act 4 comes for sure, but skipping this 1 month entirely.
Chances are I'll go back to standard after the first season in the 'new' act 4 PoE, unless they bring really nice mechanics.

My way of playing PoE was something like this :
Domination : 7-8 chars to at least 65, highest 84. Also played in a hardcore one week. (Max 2 player parties)
Ambush : 2 characters, one made 89 (EA ranger) because I loved it so much. (Max 2 player parties)
Rampage : 2 characters, one 87 (100% Solo). Played a hardcore 1 week, stopped at 71 because my build ducked, didn't die though !
Torment : skipped completely, respecced a ripped witch from a one week (which was only level 45) and played until 92+, building from the map pool I had in standard. (100% Solo)

So I kind of evolved from liking multiple chars to enjoying a few select ones, why stop playing because a league ends when you loved the character, I wanted to see if I could actually make 90, turns out it's not that hard when you have the maps, even solo.

So yes, I assume a lot of people will play in standard/hardcore because they have less time than me and I already think 3 months is too short if you really want to solo build a character.
Last edited by leto2626 on Mar 23, 2015, 6:27:40 PM
"
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"

Races in between.
So this means

Not sure if antagonistic, hating on my choice or serious. :/
See! this is your problem man, you've been so mean with so many people, spreading hate, that the only thing you think people have left for you is hate in return. I was serious when i said i dont judge ur choice and also serious when i say i dont vote on my poll

Spread Love, then you'll expect love, if you get hate, then you know its not deserved and you move on
spread hate, you'll expect hate in return and be skeptical if you get love

No offence, just advide
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Mar 23, 2015, 6:30:23 PM
I'm a roguelike player. Losing is FUN.

(I play temp leagues exclusively.)
SC > temp hc > temp sc > hc for me

standard is where I work towards absurdly expensive builds I can't do in temp leagues.
I tell myself that I have standard for testing things but I haven't done that since invasion league. It is basically a graveyard that I occasionally dig through when I can't find a mtx. I try to strip them off my characters when they die but I'm often mad at myself and just close POE in disgust when that resurrect in town button pops up.

My perm hardcore characters are mostly survivors from guild parties. We start a new party when someone dies so I get left with a bunch of mid level half done characters. A lot of them are support builds or were made assuming specific support from other characters and don't really work on their own as is. I don't like to delete them though and intend to rework them and play them eventually. But if GGG is going to be ending and starting leagues and 1 months back to back I don't know when I'll do that.
When I kill a man he stays dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info