Let's talk desync

"
awave wrote:
"
"
awave wrote:
i hadnt played in a year till a couple weeks ago, and since being back ive noticed some improvements to the netcode and the way desync is handled-kind of feels like an occasional auto-/oss (obviously still far from perfect though.) I have high hopes for A4 and improvements to the game it'll bring! It would be for the good of everyone if theres a major improvement of some kind netcode-wise with the expansion. Desync is the #1 reason why people quit, and why HC isnt as full as Standard...

You must work at GGG, or how do you know this?

The solution to desync: Monthly fee of 15 dollars, 60 dollars for every expansion and every mini expansion costs 40 dollars.

If thats what you want, ok, but then again you could just be playing D3 or WoW.

It's just common sense-if you play this game and talk to people on your friend's list. The other reason is people who just get bored with high-level mapping or the game in general-but that's true with every game (not the mapping part). This is something that the developers have some amount of control over however.

But bringing it up all the time is rude. GGG should remove threads and posts regarding desync flat out because its an insult and a slap to the face.

The game is free, enjoy it. If they would ever get rid of desync then it wouldnt be POE anymore but a different game as with this game they cant get rid of desync and POE is their only game. The other option is to get rid of POE, make a 60 dollar up front cost for a new POE version then 15 dollar fee a month and expansions cost money too.

Pick your poison, its either this game for free with some desync or no desync in a Pay2Play game.

I didnt expect GD to not bring this up again quite frankly, worst people ever who complain about some problem in a free game, they never had to pay for anyways. And GGG knows of the damn issue and works on it, so why rub it in?

BTW, friends lists are not representative and neither is common sense. According to my friends list its fine and no one has desync, so whos friends list is right? My common sense tells me people quit because the loot sucks or there is no AH or they burn out from the endless grind or the leagues ended or or or...
 Wait... What?... not this again. Even I am tired of talking about it. Been there, done that, yawn (early Sunday as I tap, tap, tap on my keyboard).

Here's the official poop: Client-server Action Synchronisation

Anyone playing knows "action prediction" is a big failure.

"action prediction" failure = high desync.
(But thank ARPGesus that the "precious" economy is safe because of server side authority... err... NOT.)

GGG has no solution to significantly reduce desync. Not now, not ever.

This subject has been flogged enough. Go beat your head on the wall in silence or quit now to keep your sanity. Most rage in silence from another desync death (or near death experience) as talking here is over. GGG has no hope for a fix. Even Obi Wan can't help us.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
But bringing it up all the time is rude. GGG should remove threads and posts regarding desync flat out because its an insult and a slap to the face.

The game is free, enjoy it. If they would ever get rid of desync then it wouldnt be POE anymore but a different game as with this game they cant get rid of desync and POE is their only game. The other option is to get rid of POE, make a 60 dollar up front cost for a new POE version then 15 dollar fee a month and expansions cost money too.

Pick your poison, its either this game for free with some desync or no desync in a Pay2Play game.

I didnt expect GD to not bring this up again quite frankly, worst people ever who complain about some problem in a free game, they never had to pay for anyways. And GGG knows of the damn issue and works on it, so why rub it in?

BTW, friends lists are not representative and neither is common sense. According to my friends list its fine and no one has desync, so whos friends list is right? My common sense tells me people quit because the loot sucks or there is no AH or they burn out from the endless grind or the leagues ended or or or...

I feel like the entire first 3/4's of your post shouldve been a response directly to op. lol. (and bringing it up IS rude, but I don't know if op just started the game a few months ago, and doesnt recognize how well-worn this issue is...etc etc...)

But I feel like your last paragraph is either a bluff or an an anomaly. (doesnt matter really) In any case, thats not important and the specifics of whether or not its THE biggest cause of people quitting (which i stand by 100%) is missing the forest for the trees. It IS a serious issue as it's always been, and it DOES cause a lot of players to leave, AND its a dead horse thats been beaten over and over-I even hesitantly replied to this thread with my first post (eyes rolling) and wasn't expecting to have to revisit it. That reply to this thread was a hopeful one, and I'll still play this great game :), but obviously still secretly hope that its dealt with and that that'll result in a new insurgence of players!
Last edited by awave on Mar 22, 2015, 7:53:33 AM
"
awave wrote:
"

I feel like the entire first 3/4's of your post shouldve been a response directly to op. lol. (and bringing it up IS rude, but I don't know if op just started the game a few months ago, and doesnt recognize how well-worn this issue is...etc etc...)

But I feel like your last paragraph is either a bluff or an an anomaly. (doesnt matter really) In any case, thats not important and the specifics of whether or not its THE biggest cause of people quitting (which i stand by 100%) is missing the forest for the trees. It IS a serious issue as it's always been, and it DOES cause a lot of players to leave, AND its a dead horse thats been beaten over and over-I even hesitantly replied to this thread with my first post (eyes rolling) and wasn't expecting to have to revisit it. That reply to this thread was a hopeful one, and I'll still play this great game :), but obviously still secretly hope that its dealt with and that that'll result in a new insurgence of players!

GGG is working on it, even if the OP is new, he still kept going, knowing its a dead issue. They cant do more than to work on it.
desync is hear to stay. People still get 95+ on hc leagues so y'all just need to learn to play and build around it.

if you die to desync you are doing something you shouldn't have been doing. It very rarely is not the players fault. Running through a room fool of mobs...leap slam through doors...not shift attacks etc etc
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Mar 22, 2015, 8:05:36 AM
"
"
miljan wrote:
"

The thing is that this thread has been made a million times by now, we dont need 1 more.

We need million more of this threads as long as this problem is in the game. The worst thing that can happen is people stop posting and giving feedback of problems the game has, even so that GGG knows about it and that it is one of the biggest problems with the game and hardest to fix.

So people keep posting problems with the game until things get fixed

It is not a big problem since no one is affected equally by it. I hardly have it. And how do you think this is any good? Being annoying little brats talking about the same thing over and over? Theyre aware, let them work on it, end of story. You cant force them to do more than work on it and they do so what is it you really think you achieve here?

If i was GGG i would legitimately shut down the game with all this stupid kiddy brat whining going on about the 1 thing players seem to not be able to ignore and jsut play the game, or hell, play some other game then.

Everyone has desync. You also have it constant, stream it and i will show you, from teleporting monsters, to delay in hitting, limiting your movement around corners monsters and other crap. Fuck you can look at GGG videos that they make when it shows desync

Being an annoying fanboy defending something that cannot be defended is even worse than people posting about problems the game has and reminding devs every day that it is a huge problem in this game and that it is still there. It for sure is much better to remind the devs of it than not talk about it at all so devs get wrong impresions that community got over it.

Good that you are not GGG and never will be in position to make important decisions. Thank god for that. Better go to your offtopic threads and improve your post count there than go around and troll/blindly defend some thing that can not be defended.
Did anyone else see the thread title and think: "No Thanks"?

At this point, I'd rather talk feelings w/ the wife.

[This is not a statement that desync doesn't exist for the reading impaired]
The fact that your inventory and experience is saved server side within s/ms ensures that there will be issues from time to time. It is a trade off.

If desynch were less of a problem we'd have daily rants on "my client crashed and I lost the EX that just dropped".

You'd spend a long time looking for a better free game. If you dont enjoy this one I'd suggest to get crackin'. It will be a long road sifting through the fecal smitten dumpster that is f2p asian development in your quest.
Solution: GGG makes sticky thread for desync with all the information needed to understand our friendly internet phenomenon, including a notification that anyone making their own desync thread will get it removed and they will potentially be punished.

You're welcome.

My personal reaction: Oh wow, synchronisation problems on the internet in a free game? Never would have guessed.
I'm new here. I found /oos pretty quick and am using [Enter][Up][Enter] more and more when I see the signs to use it in game.
If I want to play a game without desync there are plenty of offline games for me to choose from, or hardsync games like League of L- oh dear I don't want to go back there again *shudders*.

Honestly the only thing GGG can do is tone down the speed of Act 3's enemies, as they seem to encourage desync more than others when they're all tripping over eachother to rush you, but that's about the limit of things. Don't ask GGG to fix the internet when all they have to run on are donations, man that's just rude and ignorant.
That weird self found player who doesn't aim for any build? Yeah that's me, hi.
Self-Found No-Death No-Log Merciless Dom; hell yeah! Now will I ever do it in HC...? Oh dear.
P.S. Please delete Magnus and all Devourers.
"
CajNatalie wrote:
Honestly the only thing GGG can do is tone down the speed of Act 3's enemies

They just made a mechanic that forces you to run through waves of enemies - the ghosts. Then there is Haku who mechanics is also to run through lots of on-screen effects.

wont be toning done methinks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info