[2.0] Ultimate Poison Arrow build - 24k tooltip - 5k Life - 13k Eva - Acro + LC

This is a quick guide of my Poison Arrow Witch in Torment. I've played PA trapper before but I revisited it now after change to DOT which is now affecting enemy totems. Trap is not used anymore. Im not going into many details about gameplay here, just watch videos and try it yourself - I've done Atziri, double Beyond 77-78 maps and Vaal Temple full clear with it without problems

PROS:
- Very good survivability (MOM and lv 24+ AA possible) and versatility.
- Capable of almost any map mod, half of them aren't even affecting you (like reflect or elem resistances). Half regen, no regen and even blood magic mod possible in theory but it will be a pain to run and you would need to turn off auras and AA and rely on flasks for everything. Personally I dont run them because its a waste of time (but maybe I make a video after reaching lv94).
- MF and party culling viable

CONS:
- Damage can be lacking in parties, I suggest becoming mf culler with Quill Rain or Lioneyes (Split arrow/chain/life gain on hit/culling strike/iir). Chaos resist and curse immune mobs are pain in the ass but they will die eventually just gotta be patient. (Some high regen mobs also can give trouble - this started with addiction of cannibal spirit)
- No crit, million dps tooltips and flashy effects
- No leech - you have to learn to play with flasks

PA lv 28 with faster projectiles (slow proj gives slightly more dmg but I like quick shooting)

About 19k real dps + 30% more from curse and 50% more from shock = 37k chaos dmg per second at maximum capacity

PA lv 28 with Trap gem (used on switch for map bosses) (48k with shock and curse)

Defence

Defense with Vaal Grace and Rumi's

Passive tree lv 95

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAx4EBwW1BiMHHgj0DH0OSA-rEH8RlhUgFr8fQSLiJpUo-ipNKlsvbzBxNZI2PTpCPV8_J0GHRZ1H4kkTSVFKyEtXS3hMs1FMUlNSr1LsUzVTUlVLVcZXK1pSXfJfKmHiYqxn_GpDaxdsjG0ZbWxuqm-ecLt2gn1bf8aCHoJegseD24ngj_qTH5UglS6XlZf0muCbtZ2qoqOkOaiarEetSrTFtNG18rc-u0286r2CwFTA48HzwuzDOsaeyAzKStCB0NDUI9i92RPbC91f3ajfiuOE5ljpAuvk6-7sGPDV8bP56P4K_rM=

For gem links look at gear

Core of this build is right bow like this one

Updated bow to this one:

+3 gems is a must to reach full potential. 6L is not essential but opens new options like more dmg with Slower Projectiles or more AOE with Enhance (or IIR/IIQ). I suggest getting lowest possible lv bow - lower dex requirement and easier rolling of colors if you want to switch to Explosive Arrow burn prolif (5 off colors needed). Other things too look for are Dex which saves passives and resistances. Projectile speed is also nice and if you have Leo you can add "increased damage over time" mod.

Quiver

Chest

Best in slot - life, res and dmg and aoe for PA. Inc duration prolongs our curse (20 sec), vaal grace (14sec) and Vaal Lightning Trap (7sec). Added lightning is used for slight chance for shock and for 20% shock duration (Im not sure this works as I think it works, if someone can clarify this it would be nice)

Currently using Belly for more life. Lightning Coil is possible with Purity and 80% res but it will be overkill (and you lose life)

Jewelry

Basically Life, Res and mana regen for AA. Im using Dream Fragments for regen and freeze immune. Sometimes I switch to Timeclasp for TC maps. Doedre is nice for dual curse if needed (Vuln + temporal)

Helm

+1 gems for higher level AA and some chaos res. Will be switching to Vertex when league end for more Eva/ES

Rest

You can use Vitality over Purity for life reg if you can cap resists without it. Or nothing for bigger mana pool for MOM

Flasks

Leveling

Leveling is possible with PA from lv 20+ (Silverbranch) but I dont recommend it - dmg becomes slow as you reach mercilles and PA gem needs more exp to level. Its best to switch to this build when you have right gear and leveled gems ready.

Videos

Strand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tpL4RkNCOA&feature=youtu.be

Courtyard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgpU_EoORGA&feature=youtu.be

Oba's Cursed Trove
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmHaGpm3pH8

Piety kill with max dmg setup (didnt go as smooth as I hoped XD)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssrBB3Iwd-I&feature=youtu.be

Plateau No Regen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeNA8Rfp78M

Vaal temple lv79 2xboss
https://youtu.be/K6ZJTErAQuE
Last edited by arcadius on Jul 28, 2015, 4:44:38 PM
So, do you just prefer the playstyle of actually shooting arrows over using traps, or is using Pierce actually better than the 15-34% more damage multiplier from the Trap gem?

Edit: Oh right, Drillneck
Last edited by KelpsieSponge on Mar 23, 2015, 4:29:14 PM
Playing without traps is way faster and more comfortable because you dont have to wait for recharge (which is pretty long, longer with the Trap gem than lets say Fire Trap), also range is better - you can shoot offscreen and kite at safe distance (useful for killing beyond bosses, you dont even have to see them)
Im considering using Trap as 6 link when I link my bow but only on switch for bosses
OP build but I can't see it being as strong in 1M league. Hard to get high lvl empower and +3 bow is almost impossible/very expensive. Right now I'm between going this build or arc crit. Any notes on 1M league if its viable? I plan on doing HC.
Why no mastercraft +30% dot?
DPS looks pretty impressive in the video.
IGN - Blackdepp
"
Why no mastercraft +30% dot?

I dont have leveled Leo + I have 6 mods already on bow

"
Any notes on 1M league if its viable? I plan on doing HC.

Can be done but you need to start with trap. Bow is no problem, I bought one for like 1 ex in torment and the one posted was self found. Its better to level with something else until you get/level all necessary gems. Even 4L can achieve great dmg, you just have less aoe because of lack of aoe gem

"
DPS looks pretty impressive in the video.

Can be pushed further. Im working on getting lv21 PA, also maybe new bow with dot corruption.
Too bad theres only 1 curse scaling chaos dot, I would love going dual curse
Last edited by arcadius on Mar 25, 2015, 11:55:28 AM
Played myself a poison arrow build in 1.3, I do confirm it's very powerfull ( around 11.7k dps tooltip, so 20k real dps ), main difference with this build is that I was using CoD, and I was EB ( for arctic armour and extra mana pool ) + Acrobatics ( which minor mana from EB but with proper gear it's ok ).

Spoiler

to get max dps tooltip I have to replace enhance 4 by slower proj.

"
n0diac wrote:
OP build but I can't see it being as strong in 1M league. Hard to get high lvl empower and +3 bow is almost impossible/very expensive. Right now I'm between going this build or arc crit. Any notes on 1M league if its viable? I plan on doing HC.

you are right, it's definately a bad choice for 1M league.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Mar 26, 2015, 5:26:42 AM
I played a Poison Arrow build as my third 85 character in Torment. I won't comment too much since I went a different direction (besides the bow and quiver). But i did want to point out that Leo's mod is one of the few ways to increase the poison cloud damage. Now that I have access to my standard resources I can craft better versions, but I used these items:
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Forgot about "increased dmg" mods from Leo. Too bad Im not playing pvp and never will be so I must rely on something else. But this post reminded me of this:

Gives me about 300 tooltip dps which is pretty nice

Update

I was thinking further about increasing damage and this is the key:

50% more damage form shock. Its great for high hp bosses and tougher (curse immune) enemies. Im using it with inc duration for about 7sec lasting shocking ground.
Last edited by arcadius on Mar 28, 2015, 7:17:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info