Farming Atziri for Experience

So, I'm going to be playing a very tanky incinerate build in the 1 month hardcore league. Acro/phase + AA + saffels + PoL/PoF with a cloak of flame until I eventually get a Lightning Coil with the right colors. I've never played an incinerate build before, but from what I can see it seems they only have OK clear speed in maps. Instead, it seems they excel at doing more difficult content safely.

Therefore, what do you guys think about farming atziri not just for items, but for experience also? How does the experience from a full apex clear compare to say, a lvl 76 map? I know apex is only level 70, but all the packs are magic, which by far are the best mobs to kill for experience. I ask this, because I want to try for a top 20 finish, but am worried about incinerate's clear speed...
Last edited by Nerdicide on Mar 21, 2015, 4:35:18 PM
I'm planning to play same build in 1month hc.I was testing that build in standard last few days,dont worry about clear speed,it's ok,5k lmp tooltip with fire penetration(that's like 60k shotgun without takeing fire pen and curse in consideration if i'm not wrong,however,everything dies in second),with vaal haste 6.3k.Also great survivability,i have 6k hp,40% chance to evade attacks,30% chance to evade spells,12%chance to block spells from saffels,Artic armor.I tested that build on all map bosses,they are all piece of cake(even meagara with gmp).I tested build both with 5l cloak of flame and 5l coil,cloak of flame is also really great until you get coil/3b1g1r colors,best way is to use 1b vorici recipie(i bought coil in bloodlines,made it bbbrg with vorici,about 250chromes then i ripped it in standard for testing lol).After testing it in standard for few days i can say it's really great build.
Gear in standard
Spoiler

With better life on gear,i think i can reach around 6.5k life.

Passives:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAAuMDHgQHBLMFtQceB6UI9A5IEFgRlhZvFr8aOBpsHwIfQR_HJKomlScvKPoreCycLYswcTI0NZI2PTbFNuk6QjpYOuFBh0WdSVFJskt4TeNTUlVLVcZXK13yXyph4mKsakNrF2yMbRl_xoIQgh6Cm4LHg9uHZYw2kFWVIJUumjua4J1jnaqdrqIAoqOksaZXpwivt7TFtz64k7zqvYLAVMBmwfPC7NQj1abYJNi92wvdqN-K37Dhc-Nq44TkIuWO6-Tr7uw47TzwH_DV8kX56P4K_o_-swYj
With some better es and mana regen gear,i would get rid of these 3 mana regen nad mana nodes near with start,my current gear is just mix of what i found on my dead chars.

Also i tested build with cloak of defiance,but acro coil build is way more tankier,was never fan of cod builds.

I think there is no point of farming apex for exp in 1m because even if it's comparable exp with 76+maps,you must farm sacrifice fragments,so...

Last edited by And1111 on Mar 21, 2015, 5:48:23 PM
Is it EB so needed w/o mom and 50% less ES? Inner force should be nice for you

@op

Imo you need to roll in 76+ if you wanna stay at the top of the ladder
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
Last edited by Kiri2k on Mar 21, 2015, 5:28:13 PM
"
Kiri2k wrote:

@op

Yeah i need EB and es gear for more mana and mana regen to sustain artic armor and incinerate.Inner force would be nice but it's really depends on my mana regen,with sufficient mana regen to sustain AA with it,i would take it,but it will be hard to find rings and ammy with mana regen,life and res early in leaugue.
Last edited by And1111 on Mar 21, 2015, 5:35:58 PM
"
And1111 wrote:
"
Kiri2k wrote:

@op

Yeah i need EB and es gear for more mana and mana regen to sustain artic armor and incinerate.Inner force would be nice but it's really depends on my mana regen,with sufficient mana regen to sustain AA with it,i would take it,but it will be hard to find rings and ammy with mana regen,life and res early in leaugue.

Yeah but once you are able to run PoL and PoF, you won't really need much res on your rings/ammy, making it much easier to find mana regen + life. If you are going to run them both like I am, that is. And yeah I agree, acro is way better than CoD with incinerate build. You really need a decent sized unreserved mana pool to make the most out of CoD.

However, I agree with kiri2k and won't be taking EB in my build, just too far out of the way, since I focus on the shadow and templar areas, going through scion ES nodes instead of going through witch. Definitely will be taking inner force also, but not till like 85+. But my build is obviously different than yours, because you seem to be focusing on fire dmg and will be using fire pen. I'll be taking a ton of elemental damage on the tree, using added lightning gem, and using both herald of ice and thunder.

As for running atziri, I wouldn't have to farm the sacrifice pieces I would buy them. A full set has been 4c for like all of bloodlines, so I imagine it will be the same. I guess what I'll plan to do is just run maps, and if I ever run low i'll do some atziri runs till I build my pool back up.

Last edited by Nerdicide on Mar 21, 2015, 7:41:43 PM
"
Nerdicide wrote:
"
And1111 wrote:
"
Kiri2k wrote:

@op

Yeah but once you are able to run PoL and PoF, you won't really need much res on your rings/ammy, making it much easier to find mana regen + life. If you are going to run them both like I am, that is. And yeah I agree, acro is way better than CoD with incinerate build. You really need a decent sized unreserved mana pool to make the most out of CoD.

However, I agree with kiri2k and won't be taking EB in my build, just too far out of the way, since I focus on the shadow and templar areas, going through scion ES nodes instead of going through witch. Definitely will be taking inner force also, but not till like 85+. But my build is obviously different than yours, because you seem to be focusing on fire dmg and will be using fire pen. I'll be taking a ton of elemental damage on the tree, using added lightning gem, and using both herald of ice and thunder.

As for running atziri, I wouldn't have to farm the sacrifice pieces I would buy them. A full set has been 4c for like all of bloodlines, so I imagine it will be the same. I guess what I'll plan to do is just run maps, and if I ever run low i'll do some atziri runs till I build my pool back up.

I doubt you will be able to sustain Arctic Armor(which is must because of reflect,i tested how it's going without it on reflect pack,almost killed myself,even with pur of fire and saffels),especially with inner force,without EB.It will be hard for you to run clarity,both heralds,purity of lighting and purity of fire,almost impossible(for example with 1000 mana,you need like 38% reduced mana reservation and then you will have 200 mana left to spam skills).Remember,coil=-60 light res,jewelery with 50+life and 50+% mana regen is very expensive and hard to find early in leaugue.For example,to sustain lv 19 AA i need EB,es gear and mana regen on all my jewelery(ammy you can see in my gear is not one i'm using,idk why it's there lol).Also,hardly will ppl bother with farming sacrifice sets to sell it for 4c in 1m leaugue.
Last edited by And1111 on Mar 21, 2015, 8:32:21 PM
The efficiency of the trash mobs in Apex should be higher than 76 maps until you start taking a large penalty from being overleveled. It's definitely better at level 77, but a bit doubtful at, say, 81, and basically impossible by 84.

But Apex still might end up being less efficient overall because of slugging through that first boss battle animation every time.
Last edited by codetaku on Mar 21, 2015, 10:57:48 PM
"
And1111 wrote:

I doubt you will be able to sustain Arctic Armor(which is must because of reflect,i tested how it's going without it on reflect pack,almost killed myself,even with pur of fire and saffels),especially with inner force,without EB.It will be hard for you to run clarity,both heralds,purity of lighting and purity of fire,almost impossible(for example with 1000 mana,you need like 38% reduced mana reservation and then you will have 200 mana left to spam skills).Remember,coil=-60 light res,jewelery with 50+life and 50+% mana regen is very expensive and hard to find early in leaugue.For example,to sustain lv 19 AA i need EB,es gear and mana regen on all my jewelery(ammy you can see in my gear is not one i'm using,idk why it's there lol).Also,hardly will ppl bother with farming sacrifice sets to sell it for 4c in 1m leaugue.

Google "Poe elemental incinerate 1.3". I'm on my phone so I don't feel like linking, but that's the build I was inspired by. He is running lvl 15 AA with no EB, and was doing so like only a few days into a league, since the build is meant for new leagues. Somewhere around 250 mana/sec with no EB.

As for mana reservation, he runs clarity off life, but has 194% life from tree. I'd prefer not to do this. From using the calculator, i see I'll be able to run everything on mana if I leave out herald of ice. Then, once I'm able to have 18% reduced reservation from tree, alphas howl, and level 20 reduced mana gem, I will then be able to run everything on mana without EB. That's as long as I'm able to get to like 800 mana, which won't be that bad since mana and life are both prefixes on rings, while mana regen and resists are suffixes.

If I end up needing to, I may spend the extra 7 points to get EB, or may just reserve 500 health leaving clarity on life. I'll have around 6,000-6,500 life so it wouldn't be the end of the world. I think I can make it work on mana though, I'll have enough regen to sustain incinerate, so it doesn' matter if I only have like 50 mana unreserved.

Edit: and don't forget, I'm using Acro. That's another big reason to not go 7 points out of the way to get EB.
Last edited by Nerdicide on Mar 22, 2015, 1:33:14 PM
"
Nerdicide wrote:
"
And1111 wrote:

Google "Poe elemental incinerate 1.3". I'm on my phone so I don't feel like linking, but that's the build I was inspired by. He is running lvl 15 AA with no EB, and was doing so like only a few days into a league, since the build is meant for new leagues. Somewhere around 250 mana/sec with no EB.

As for mana reservation, he runs clarity off life, but has 194% life from tree. I'd prefer not to do this. From using the calculator, i see I'll be able to run everything on mana if I leave out herald of ice. Then, once I'm able to have 18% reduced reservation from tree, alphas howl, and level 20 reduced mana gem, I will then be able to run everything on mana without EB. That's as long as I'm able to get to like 800 mana, which won't be that bad since mana and life are both prefixes on rings, while mana regen and resists are suffixes.

If I end up needing to, I may spend the extra 7 points to get EB, or may just reserve 500 health leaving clarity on life. I'll have around 6,000-6,500 life so it wouldn't be the end of the world. I think I can make it work on mana though, I'll have enough regen to sustain incinerate, so it doesn' matter if I only have like 50 mana unreserved.

Edit: and don't forget, I'm using Acro. That's another big reason to not go 7 points out of the way to get EB.

I saw Poe elemental incinerate 1.3, intersting concept.
Last edited by And1111 on Mar 22, 2015, 2:37:44 PM
I changed the build around to include EB. I have two possible versions. The first one can get me more life and mana regen than the second, but makes it inefficient to grab the "charisma cluster". So I guess it really depends if I will need it. Acro and inner force would be the last things that I grab, so even though they are 110-112 pt builds, I can make it work before then.

Without Charisma:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA5Rm0OPv1l5dFfIw2JpVh4lVLFr8fQQMebWwPq-jW53Q6Qkt43agwcdQjBbUF-ZsmlwbEov66u-PbC4IeiELBxX_GtAyTJxzcDXzqulfJKPq3PkGH-eiCx9i9_go1kv6PTeOmVzrh8kVTUkWdmuDr7sBmRUcy0biTogAEs_AfaPJDyFugp1V8Dk8Emjvhc9Wm7TyCm5BVJy_sOBo4wBpG11cpcYXzEbFC-tJmnuNqFm826SSqgKRV1mTnFy82PeOEDkgRlklR8NWVLgcebIydqmKsKlNilbJwXfLGnhB_DH0=

With Charisma:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA5Rm0OPv1l5dFfIw2JpVh4lVLFr8fQQMeD6vo1jpCS3jdqDBx1CMFtZcGxKL-urvjtAyTJxzcDXzqulfJKPq3PkGH-eiCx9i9_go1kv6PTeOmVzrh8kVTUkWdmuDr7sBmRUcy0biTogAEs_AfaPJDyFugp1V8Dk8Emjvhc9Wm7TyCm5BVJy_sOBo4wBpG11cpcYXzEbFC-tJmnuNqFm826SSqgKRV1mTnFy8qU2KVsnAZii2Dm7VTNSLqUEItR9sLgh6IQsHFf8bGnhB_DH0aj_ba-wlJsdfP-TfviA==

I'm trying to finish testing the build before the new league starts. Level 50 in bloodlines atm. Remember, the reason the original build creator avoids most of the witch start, is that most of the good damage nodes there are specific, like "fire damage" for example. A lot of my damage will come from quality added lightning + quality added cold, and herald of thunder + ice, hence the focus on elemental damage. Please let me know what you think.

EDIT: Incase you haven't looked at the original creator's build, he connects to the scion ES circle by going through the "harrier" path. I had to change that to make grabbing EB cost less overall points.

Last edited by Nerdicide on Mar 22, 2015, 2:51:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info