What is the economically safe thing to do before act 4?

Hi. There's a very good chance that I'll be away for a few months while act 4 comes out, so I'm trying to figure out a way to preserve my net worth as much as possible. Is there enough info out right now to tell if it's safer to horde exalts/eternals or to just keep your good items? I spent so long just to get a 6L CoD, and it bothers me that it could just be worthless in act 4 expansion.
I am so sorry, my only advice is flip a coin and pray.

Unless they pull another Crown of Eyes shenanigans I think your cloak should be fine. Not like that says much since no one knows anything about act four.

Besides(I apologize for the pessimism) if someone did know what the best economic decision is I don't think they would share it with anyone.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
jebroni wrote:
Is there enough info out right now to tell if it's safer to horde exalts/eternals or to just keep your good items?

I mean, Ex today goes much farther than it used to, but I'd probably hold onto the items and wait to see what happens next.

"
I spent so long just to get a 6L CoD, and it bothers me that it could just be worthless in act 4 expansion.

It's unlikely that Cloak, especially a 6L one, will ever be worthless. That's a staple chest up there with Lightning Coil, Carcass Jack, and Belly of the Beast.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Hm. I invested some exalteds in gifts from above/shadows and dust nenenene shishishsishi but then again I did it cuz I didn't really care
Holy fuck what happened to ARPGs...

"
I spent so long just to get a 6L CoD, and it bothers me that it could just be worthless in act 4 expansion.

Sell everything and buy war bonds
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 21, 2015, 3:03:16 AM
"
morbo wrote:
Holy fuck what happened to ARPGs...

"

Sell everything and buy war bonds

lololol

keep your items man, not a lot is going to change.
There is only one thing you can be doing right now to give yourself an economic leg up and that's running races and using the uniques in the new leagues.

Aside from that, be happy that new leagues mean new ladders and new(ish) economies.
Standard is for suckers. :P
Invest in regrets.
dang

Well I guess you guys do have a point. There really is no use in moping around for too long about this. I'll take you guys advice and keep the items I got already. Thanks for the advice.. was almost gonna sell my stuff too :p
GCP will always be relevant in Standard / Hardcore, because people love 20/20 gems.
Regrets will always be needed.

Divines are IMO worth more than Exalts.
If you consider they are more rare, and they are more valuable when using just after patch notes release and before server gets patched (Legacy items). 1:1 ratio.

Fusings are relavent for those who want to 6L / flip items, good to have a stockpile of these.

Always convert your currency roughly 2 weeks before leagues end. You will have a very hard time finding people online toward the end of the league.

Exalts are worth less on Standard / Hardcore than what they are on temporary leagues, so convert to chaos or another viable currency. If exalts are 40-50 on temp league and only 25-35 on permanent league, you're losing 10-20% of its value.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Last edited by Hixxie on Mar 21, 2015, 10:33:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info