Why is this game soo bad ?

Hi there everybody!

so i was just going through steam looking for some games to play and i came across PoE there! so i went to check what ppl write about this game (i quit it myself about 1 year ago) yes sure i didnt play it as long as this guy but he quit it pretty much with the same reason as i did

Centauri Soldier line on steam start:
Centauri Soldier 3,092.6 hrs on record (u can find all that on steam page in negative review)

Well, I as you can see by my hour count, I've played the hell out of this game. Had tons of epic gear (some legacy too), many 85+ characters and mapped out of control. This game is fantastic except for one tiny detail: the developers don't play their own game. The problem with this is, they constantly change it and unbalance it. Legacy gear (gear that's been nerfed but people with the original versions get to keep them) is allowed in the game and the people who already own it make totally over-powered builds and then game devs "balance" the game around those broken, OP builds with the legacy gear. And anyone who doesn't have legacy gear (such as new players and players without super amounts of currency) can't play much of the game content because they can't survive it. In order to get some of this gear (some even single pieces), you have play for hundreds of hours to farm enough currency; the economy in Standard League is sooo unbalanced.

This game has potential but the devs need to get rid of the rich players with all the currency who trade it for real money and they need to get rid of all the OP legacy gear. Oh, and actually playing their game so they know how it works would be nice too. If an offline, single-player version ever comes out I'll buy it but as it stands, I gave my 500+ exalted worth of gear and currency away and deleted all my characters because the game, as it is, is broken and not fun.
Centauri Soldier line on steam end:

so i totally agree with this guy! there are only 2 types of players in this game the ones who trade with mirror's and the others who dont! this is very saad if you ask me ... the mortals like me and many others will never have a mirror in the entire gaming time even in 10+ years grind .. while some ppl trade with mirrors and 100 exalt stacks every day over and over again how fair is that ? new players that come in to the game have pretty much nothing to do as they will never be able to grind 100 exalts even for 1 piece of some imba gear not to mention some full imba equips go for 1000-2000 exalts geez!

i myself quit just the day when i killed Atziri on my RF Char 84-85 lvl i dont remember ... and she dropped that lame flask that is worth couple of chaos only ... yes hardest boss ingame drops best currency yay! that was my final drop in the already full cup ... yes i am not going to play PoE again (even tho i would want to ) but as it is of now this game is broken indeed and i wont return untill it gets some major problems fixed ...

what do you ppl think about it ? feel free to say how bad and whiny i am! i dont care tbh ...

P.S. i am from Germany so u can call English care police i dont care either
Last edited by DestroyerOfWorlds19 on Mar 20, 2015, 7:39:15 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Ill read it through completely, but I know a few developers that play this game so first point is incorrect, ill keep reading though.

Edit: I read the rest, I could only find one other issue you seemed to have with the game, and that is the age old 'people have better items than me'.

If you care about things like that, then the standard league is the wrong league to be playing in. GGG has to cater to a lot of different people, including those that want permanence (those who might play in standard). The only solution to people having better items than you is for you to stop caring about things like that.
Last edited by Metronomy on Mar 20, 2015, 7:24:34 AM
T^T that is why steam charts is falling, REVIVE ALL UNIQUES BACK TO LEGACY STATUS
"
Uhm...

You played for how many hours and now you say the game is bad?

I'm missing something here, clearly.

Me too. I see that kind of posts a lot on D3 forums too. I'd never see the logic in statements like "After a zillion hours of /played I can finally say that this game sucks big time". Everything coming after that is juste white noise.
IGN : @Morgoth
"
Uhm...

You played for how many hours and now you say the game is bad?

I'm missing something here, clearly.

cant you see the difference where i write and where does Centauri Soldier ? i dont even know this guy i just copied what he wrote on steam ... and he played that long not me

i edited the first post just for you!
Last edited by DestroyerOfWorlds19 on Mar 20, 2015, 7:39:52 AM
Play challenge leagues. Problem solved.
That Centaur guy from Steam is talking out of his ass.

Spoiler
Oder auf Deutsch: Er redet Scheiße.

How he could have come to the conclusion that PoE is balanced around legacy gear is just mind boggling.
The whole point of legacy gear is to NOT to have to take it into account when balancing.
Apart from that, it's obviously not true. You just have to play the game to see that.

But I understand your plight. In the permanent leagues getting rich might take a very long time, and getting really rich might even be impossible. If that is what you're after you might want to play the temp leagues.
"
Legacy gear ... is allowed in the game and the people who already own it make totally over-powered builds and then game devs "balance" the game around those broken, OP builds with the legacy gear. And anyone who doesn't have legacy gear (such as new players and players without super amounts of currency) can't play much of the game content because they can't survive it.

This is laughably false, so I'm gonna laugh for a minute first...

Spoiler

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
HAHAHAHAHHA
HUUUH....

Ok, then. You can beat any content with non legacy gear (even Uber atziri, which is as optional as it gets and therefore completelly irrelevant for the discussion anyway). You can beat most content playing self-found. I've done it in several leagues (solo SF). Many other people have done it too. No-one would play temp. leagues if "most content was un-beatable", FFS! I don't own any of the OP legacy gear, I dont own mirrors or stacks of exalts. I'm piss poor by average tradecore standards.

The balance GGG does is questionable at times, but they certainly dont balance for "legacy gear".

git gud

E:
you have two options:

1.) stop wanting mirrors and 500 stacks of exalts and just enjoy the arpg game, which can be done without that wealth
2.) start trading like a madman
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 20, 2015, 8:06:02 AM
The guild I'm in has a bunch of ggg staff, most are active, some for hours every day.

Demonstrably false post is demonstrably false.
Why would you even care about people with mirrors? Jealousy kills the joy.

You don't need to trade 24/7 to have reasonable currency, and that's a fact.
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info