Why have they not improved on character animation since BETA?

Hi I have noticed that character animation remains the same since this game was in open Beta.

I suppose this is as good as it gets yeah?

Thinking of returning, does the animation bother you guys? like how stiff the heroes run? or is it ok?
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
"
TriniGamer wrote:
Hi I have noticed that character animation remains the same since this game was in open Beta.

I suppose this is as good as it gets yeah?

Thinking of returning, does the animation bother you guys? like how stiff the heroes run? or is it ok?

Do you know how long it takes to add new animations? I'm sure there are some new ones in Act 4, just wait :)
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Mar 19, 2015, 2:05:35 PM
Money. Money better spent on things that matter to the game.
yeah I suppose money is indeed an issue for GGG.

But I didn't think doing animations properly for the main character would be so costly etc?
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
"
TriniGamer wrote:
yeah I suppose money is indeed an issue for GGG.

But I didn't think doing animations properly for the main character would be so costly etc?

Not only costly, but time consuming. Time is gold for developers/companies.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Mar 19, 2015, 2:19:55 PM
i am happy with graphics. tl2 and d3 need help imo. both look like cartoons
Git R Dun!
3d animations are very costly. the best ones use motion capture of real people. GGGs money can be put to better use other than more "organic" animations.
I need more purple titles
that ranger model has been around since pre-alpha though
I need more purple titles
The character animations have alot of room for improvement but re-doing them is a HUGE undertaking. It's a systemic problem that goes from the models to the rigs and ends up affecting the animations. Re-doing the rigs and animations is part of it but then re-skinning all the armour is another massive job. It will probably happen at some stage in the future but be assured we're doing the best we can with what we've got
animator

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info