Question on Monster Life when partying

Yes, I tried to do my homework before posting this. I did several searches both in the forum and on google, and couldn't find an answer. Here goes :)

From the Game Mechanics thread:

"
Effect on monsters
Monsters gain 50% extra life, 75% extra life, or 100% extra life for each additional party member after the first in Normal, Cruel, and Merciless difficulties respectively. For example, against a party of 3 players in Normal, monsters have double life, but when that party goes to Merciless, monsters have triple life. The original life amount is used for the purposes of determining the length of stuns and status ailments from elemental damage - this means monsters will not be harder to stun/ignite/etc. when fighting in a party.

Based on that we know that monster life increases when partying. This is a little vague, because being in a party doesn't necessarily mean the entire party is together in the map. I think an example might be the best way to ask my questions:

Party of 2 people:
1st player enters the map - I think the monster life remains flat, correct?

2nd player enters the map - I think at this point the monster life increases by the above percentages, correct?

1st player dies, and spawns back in town - Does the monster life drop back to the original # since there is now only 1 player in the map? If I had to guess I'd say it remains locked at the higher number, just wondering if someone can confirm that.

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info