They're going to nerf crit

"
You misspelled "balance".

It's called "optimise", innit?

j/k
"Imagining GGG as a cranky hormonal pregnant woman suddenly explains a lot." - CliveHowlitzer
"

Again
And
Again
And
Again

Until it's fully gone

JUST A REMINDER
WRRRRRRRRRRRY.

again
and again
and again
until your mind is locked in
believin all the lies that they're tellin ya
buyin all the products that they're sellin ya !

Man, those were the days. But, on topic, GGG already said somewhere on reddit crit is gonna get a serious look / nerf for 1.4, that massive nerf in 1.3 was just the start.
"
Again
And
Again
And
Again

Until it's fully gone

JUST A REMINDER

... but will the game be worse or better for it?
Crit is overvalued.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
What's the point of nerfing crit? People will just move on to the next best option, and then that will get complained about.
Surely a better thing to do than nerf crit would be to buff RT/other non-crit options?

(Please? Then maybe I can use my RT 2h flicker striker again...)

Could be achieved by introducing something like Cadence (from Grim Dawn), gated by the RT passive, that gives an additional 50% damage every 3rd attack or something?
On a long enough time line, the nerfless rate for everything PoE drops to zero.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Patrae wrote:
Surely a better thing to do than nerf crit would be to buff RT/other non-crit options?

(Please? Then maybe I can use my RT 2h flicker striker again...)

Could be achieved by introducing something like Cadence (from Grim Dawn), gated by the RT passive, that gives an additional 50% damage every 3rd attack or something?

I think RT has some intrinsic benefits that are consistently overlooked, Flicker Strike not missing certainly is one of them (missing on a skill w/ CD sucks).

Other benefits include predictable leech/LGoH and I've heard it helps w/ desync issues for some (No idea since I rarely experience game-breaking desync).

The one thing I think RT should never do is rival crit builds in DPS. Crit builds tend to require a lot of investment both in passives and expensive equipment, and typically at the cost of being paper thin. RT builds can get quite tanky considering their placement on the tree.

Gating other passives has been brought up though and I personally have always liked the idea (as long as they are not damage enhancing to the point of rivaling critical builds).

Something like:

[RT]->[+20 Strength]->[Elemental Status Effects have 50% increased duration]->[+10 Mana Gained on Hit]->[50% Chance to gain a flask charge on hit/300% More Flask Charge Cost/300% More Charges Available on Flasks]->[Soul Inquisitor Keystone: 1% of Life and ES Gained on Hit with Melee Attacks/5% of Mana Used on Hit]

Would look like a wheel but with only one direction available (clockwise or counterclockwise).

EDIT: Not suggesting any of those passives are a good idea. Just providing an example of how RT could be buffed without focusing on pure DPS (which I just don't think RT should easily scale)
Last edited by Nubatron on Mar 18, 2015, 6:11:35 AM
"
You misspelled "balance".

Thats exactly what i read everytime someone mentions the word "nerf". One players nerf is a another devs balance. :)
Patch not 1.4
Mega nerf
Hyper NERF
SUPER NERF
EPIC NERF
GLORIOUS NERF
JIZZMEGA NERF
HYPUU NERF

NERF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type