La de da

Just minding my own business, bouncing around with Flicker Strikes...

Randomly 1 shot by myself on physical reflect mobs. There goes the last 3 maps' worth of exp.

My bad for not putting every node into tank.
"
ShadyC wrote:
bouncing around with Flicker Strikes...

"
ShadyC wrote:
physical reflect

lol what did you expect?
"just for try, for see and for know"
I went Cycloning into a large pack of critters last night without really paying attention. There was a Phys reflect in there and I died almost instantly. :D Thankfully I'm only level 64.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Dr Who (Tom Baker, 1976).
I think you mean, your bad for not paying attention.
Working as intended :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Flicker Strike throws you around violently, you can't read shit.

I would have to go scout ahead the entire map like a jackass.

Nobody wants to be a jackass.
And people thinks Acuity saves you of phys reflect, false. IC saves you of it, acuity themselves won't.

WORD.

By the way ... I am playing flicker now. Inmense game knowledge, desync control and currency are needed to play this skill decently.

Last edited by chromafunk on Mar 18, 2015, 12:55:45 AM
I have 2 builds that use flicker, with a 460pdps dagger, neither have ever died to reflect, both play physical reflect map mods, no ziri gloves, no vaal pact, just built in a way that reflect isnt an issue.

Still not sure how people are content enough to run around in maps with builds that cant handle reflect. If you dont want to die to it, then make a build that cant die to it. You know its out there, you know you cant spot everything, flask for everything, be paying 100% attention and play 100% perfectly every single second. Either you dont mind dying to it or you sort out the problem at a fundamental level in your setup.
I dunno, you can't just say words and have it mean something. What exactly does "build for it" even mean? I don't know of an ability or item that says "damage cannot be reflected on you". So then as you sit there mentioning all the ways a person would counter reflect, specifically saying you do not use them, and then continuing on about how you don't have an issue with it because you built accordingly...

... Do you see what I'm saying here?

"
chromafunk wrote:
And people thinks Acuity saves you of phys reflect, false. IC saves you of it, acuity themselves won't.

WORD.

By the way ... I am playing flicker now. Inmense game knowledge, desync control and currency are needed to play this skill decently.

I don't have immense game knowledge. I'm getting better at controlling the desync, although my gear is bad enough where I will die almost 100% if I remain desynced for over 2 seconds.

That being said, I do not have the 3rd element required: currency. I am poor. I'm busy farming to fix that, which... is, of course, where we are now. Me running into really annoying things like randomly dying to a stupid pack of reflecters.

I have Flicker on Melee, Melee on Full, Multistrike, and Splash. I either wipe things really fast, or I 1-shot myself by smashing a group in an AoE-reflect crit. Remember, Multistrike will lock you in a few Flickers even if you identify a reflect group that you randomly bounce to... And also remember you can get reflected from the boss's minions around him, because he puts it on them, which means it's not like a big swirly aura is in the CENTER of your screen by the time you would ever die to it. Maybe the boss is in the top corner, and it becomes visible to you just as you are Flickering to his effected allies and then die.

I'm not fully complaining about this, as I know it would change as my gear progressed. Gear checks are obnoxious, but they're there and I know they are. But, like, if we're gonna post actual posts in here, there's mine.
You're missing a lot of Reflect counters. Block, Evasion, Dodge and Armour can all help mitigate Reflect, and simply dealing less Damage also helps (once you one-hit monsters, you really don't need more Crit Mult). That's just me thinking out loud for five seconds. Additionally, Flicker only actually locks you into multiple jumps if you use Multi. It's a really good Support, but still, it's the Support that is locking you in - not Flicker.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 18, 2015, 1:52:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info