Cheap starter builds for the upcoming 1M race

Hey everyone,

I can't decide for which build to go in the upcoming 1M race, and since many of you might be in a similar situation, I thought it might be useful to make a list of recommended builds for that purpose in the current patch.

The builds must be viable especially at the start of a new league. That means no build-enabling uniques or tons of rare gems and 4l max. Builds should also be able to clear high level maps at a reasonable pace without having to invest insane amounts of currency.

Updated list (18/03/15):

- Flameblast/SB
- Arc
- Flame Totem
- Incinerate
- Summon Raging Spirit
- Detonate Dead
- Sweep Slammer
- Freeze Pulse
- Crit Ice Nova
- Fire Trap
- Shockwave Totem
- Facebreaker
- EK
- Ice Shot
- Arctic Breath

Please feel free to share your own ideas. Would be cool if we got some build variety going for viable starter builds!
Last edited by Invisible_Frog on Mar 18, 2015, 7:38:16 AM
SRS
Detonate Dead
(1.2)Puncture/Ice Shot duelist - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1078942
(2.0)The Party Crasher - Hardcore viable Ice Crash Duelist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1335704
Sweep slammer!
simply Freeze Pulse, fast leveling and no high cost for it
Trading DpS with Monsters for Loot will ever best Ratio!-)
Sitting in Town, flipping Items until all Gear is biS,
and get fastly bored from running Maps instead of grinding Upgrades is no Resolution!
(Crit) Ice Nova is pretty good.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Thanks for you answers everyone! Just updated the list.

And I got two more!

- fire trap
- shockwave totem
Last edited by Invisible_Frog on Mar 17, 2015, 9:04:31 PM
1 month race? what's to win there?

without incentives the league looks like pushed in so players can't get more challenges done in the old temp leagues.
facebreaker anything is a cheap way to get things done
Let the games begin
Last edited by whineston on Mar 18, 2015, 2:10:21 AM
I cant decide! SB dual totem marauder, or ice shot ranger or EK Crit Shadow. The phys to lightning is so sexy for EK... shocks on every crit and sometimes on normal hits.
IMHO arc is still most OP skill if starting from ground zero. Two cheap ass moonsorrows plus arc in a 5L CoD or LC or even a 4L Godfris will get you past all maps and you can practically play asleep since it auto targets.

Just invest in crit life and lighning. Lower the boom on boss's with three vaal storm calls in inc duration mode. GG for less than 2ex total gear.

It's got range. Got two super cheap excellent weapons. It auto target all you have to worry about is keeping distance with lightning warp. It's got "aoe" in it's own special way. It's weakness is single target but get much stronger invested in lightning and spamming vaal storm calls on big HP creatures.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 18, 2015, 3:41:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info