Bloodlines. Minara in a box

oh god... oh god... I'm alive. I'm alive!
Smoke Mine worked, but I didn't know for sure because my screen literally froze for more than 10 seconds.

Purity Of Fire up. die bitch! you and your exploding zombies! DIE!

*picks up trash loot. box wasn't even worth it*...

@GGG, can someone please do something about her Strongbox spawning?
dear lord.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Ahh, exile boxes and internet disconnections...

My two greatest nemeses in this game.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
You know there is a warning when this might happen?

Spoiler
The box says "Contains a Rogue Exile"

If you don't like the risk don't open the box. Why come here and complain about it?
I actually had 3 Exile boxes within ~15 minutes this time, and both Thena Moga and Torr Olgosso spawned with a very brief lock-up (~1 second).
could be just my luck, but I think GGG did in fact improve this part.
Minara is something else though. her spawning from a box just needs special treatment, because it's ridiculous...
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Have you had issues with a box locking up with Minara before?
The skeletons MTX she uses (I'm assuming she still uses the statues MTX) is what usually causes the lengthy lockups for people.
Fortunately for Me, I notice no difference when opening exile boxes. If you guys are having problems though, why are you still opening them in a HC League. Just skip or reroll them...

I also play bloodlines, and for example I usually have problems with jungle valley boss. So what do I do, try to kill her anyway? No, I just skip her. I feel no pity for someone who KNOWS they have issues with opening exile boxes, yet do it anyway. Either upgrade your PC or skip/reroll them.
Happens to my turd computer too, though luckily she isn't really dangerous until you start popping her summons.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
Nerdicide wrote:
I also play bloodlines, and for example I usually have problems with jungle valley boss. So what do I do, try to kill her anyway? No, I just skip her. I feel no pity for someone who KNOWS they have issues with opening exile boxes, yet do it anyway. Either upgrade your PC or skip/reroll them.

There's a difference between skipping something because your build can handle it, and skipping something because the developers refuse to add an option to disable the mtx effects that cause this loading time from the hard drive, stopping your game for seconds. Or whatever they need to do to fix it.

Tbh yes I just skip or reroll. But sometimes it's a hard ask (Carto with +levels, Gemcutter with quality etc.). Btw you don't need to take stupid risks for this to happen. My game is frozen for 3+ seconds whenever finding a Tora camp. Exiles/Vaal skills exist everywhere. It's really annoying and I don't have these issues with on-demand asset loading in any other game that also has randomized map content.

"
Nerdicide wrote:
I feel no pity for someone who KNOWS they have issues with opening exile boxes, yet do it anyway.

This. You should not be ashamed for being aware of the things that may (or will) kill your character. Lag is definately one of them (either loading or network lag).

If you know you have problems with Rogue Exiles spawning, just skip that box :) I'm playing on a laptop atm (uni..) and I have some brief freezes while opening boxes. I just skip some of them. Most of the time it's not worth the loot if you could die, especially at higher levels.

"
SongofSaya wrote:
The skeletons MTX she uses (I'm assuming she still uses the statues MTX) is what usually causes the lengthy lockups for people.

I'm pretty sure GGG is aware of this fact by now. Most of the skill mtx will rip the avarege player's fps when they suddenly pop up or are used excessively. (Dragon Fireball, Spark Spiders, Siege Firestorm are the worst imo while in a party.)

The recent change to the way mobs spawn from strongboxes was a GREAT improvement, but not enough.

Edit:
"
Zed_ wrote:
There's a difference between skipping something because your build can handle it, and skipping something because the developers refuse to add an option to disable the mtx effects that cause this loading time from the hard drive, stopping your game for seconds. Or whatever they need to do to fix it.

^ This. This x 1000

There SHOULD be an option to turn off alternate skill effects used by other players and Unique monsters (Exiles, Beyond monsters, Bosses etc).
It's such an easy fix. Yet we get an ingame clock in 1.4. Oh well... I guess the average player is too lazy to press Alt+Tab. (or the Windows key heaven forbid...)
"just for try, for see and for know"
Last edited by komlosi on Mar 15, 2015, 6:10:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info