Anyone else never chanced a Unique?

I chanced andvarius @ beyond and cloak of defiance @ bloodlines

Chancing cloak was hilarious. I was running around the merc ledge with my srs templar. It was day 2 or 3 and i thought i could save some currency and chance a cod for me. I just chanced every lacquered garb i found and im not sure if it was the fifth or sixth try when i got it. I couldnt believe my eyes, it really happened! Then i ripped to magnus in 66 map 2 days later, end of story.
I am chancing EVERY Slaughter Knife I find in my travels - no luck so far..
4 times troll shavs, 2 times lioneyes bow, 1 crown of eyes and something more but dont remember ...
Been a long time since I chanced something .... GGG please. ಠ_ಠ
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Had a low(ish) level 6 link Varnish coat drop in Docks once, lucky! Decided to throw chances at it and hit a Carcass Jack within 10 chances, uber lucky!

Mind you I have spent hundreds, maybe thousand or so on gavels and seige axes with no luck.

IGN: Munkehboi
there used to be a fixed chance to roll any unique with chance orbs. i dont remember the % but it used to ignore the drop rate rarity of the unique item. this made using chance/scour orbs extremely effective for getting the most rare unique items. the first koams heart and shavs armor on HC league that appeared were both chanced by me. many more came after that.... good times.
At the moment I chance all Gavels and I used to chance most siege axes, occultists, slaughter knifes and hubris's I found. Still no luck though :D

Managed to 6L 2 items though :)

"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Mar 19, 2015, 8:54:10 PM

my first and only, yesterday :D

dreaming for a shav but :/
I think you have to commit to chancing for a very long period of time. Most people who say they haven't chanced items are those that have tried for a few hundred only.

I've been using chance orbs as I find them on all the good chancable items since I started playing, just for the gambling aspect of it.

- Sold my first success, Crown of Eyes for 65 EX back when they were worth something

- Sold a Kaom's for 38 EX, again when they were still worth something.

- Have also chanced 2 x Infernal Mantle's (hopefully someday I'll finally get a shavs)

You just gotta commit to chancing thousands of items. I've probably used up 30-40 EX worth of chance orbs, and made back about 100 EX so I think long term it's well worth it. Frustrating to go on runs of a couple thousand though and not get anything...
I tried the odd chance here and there, whenever I encountered the base item for a good unique. Plenty of Occulist's Vestments were tried without success plus the odd Gavel and Prophecy wand with the same results.

Only recently did I get serious about this though and stick to a plan: pick up every white agate amulet I encountered and store them in my stash. I wanted to try for Voll's because of the following reasons:

As a piece of jewellery it did not require Armourer's scraps or Blacksmith's whetstones to try and improve the chance.

The end result was very desirable and commands some decent coin.

As an amulet only takes up a single slot I could easily accumulate lots of them.

It's something I would actually use for a character.

A number of people had success rolling this (probably more a reflection of how many people are trying though).

So with only a few days left in the league I took my Plateau map, chiseled it, Alc'd, couple of Chaos till I was happy with the mods, then applied the Anarchy mod, stepped through the portal and started chancing. My thirteenth chance was a winner.

I continued on with all my remaining amulets and kept a couple of OK rares but no further Voll's were chanced.

On the other side of the RNG coin, I still haven't rolled or found a 6 link item ever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info