Need help with Arc Templar Build

Ive hit end game currently lvl 72, im sitting at 2.9k health and 6.8k dps with arc. I'm using herald of thunder/haste/purity of elements/arctic armor/arc as my main aura's and spell, im not sure where it is i have gone wrong but i feel incredibly squishy atm and have done ever since i started merci, my resists are capped exepct fire 70% and chaos 1%.

Im guessing its down to the gear im using because i haven't actually bought anything, just used things that have dropped so far apart from a couple of things that were given to me like the lifesprig.

I was hoping someone could suggest some armor/weapons or maybe what i should pick up next on the passive tree so that i'll be less squishy, my dps is kind of doing the job for now although i realy struggle on single targets with high hp. Also should i still be using 2 wands? or should i switch to wand/mace and a shield?

I have 2 ex and about 20 c to spend on gear atm, could have more if needed but i dont want to sell my lower currency's right now if i can help it

Passive tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABx4Jqg5IEQ8RlhOeFLAWbxa_Fy8aOBpsJKomlScvKPoy0TbpOlhBh0PIRtdJUUwtTwRVS1XGVdZXKVugXfJfKmHiZOdmnmjycYV0VXwOfjN-WX6vf8aApIIegpuCx4hCi4yMNo0Zj0aQVZUumjuboZ2uogCkkacIp1WsmLFCtz64k8AawGbAmsHFzLfVddWm2L3ZX9n82t3bC92M4BLhc-Nq6-7sOO088B_w1fJF99f53fno-tL-Cg==

Gear:
Spoiler

If you need any more info about the build just ask
Last edited by NoctisAzura on Mar 11, 2015, 5:47:06 PM
I would definitely drop the lifesprig and get an ES shield with decent life and spell damage. If you get a shield it will help a lot cuz you will get spell block with boots. Don't forget to drop the belt as well. Can't complain about being squishy when you are wearing Aurseize. Rarity I would normally stack later game when I can sacrifice pieces for it. Get gear with life, es, and mana regen that should help you run a higher level AA.
I need a signature to look legit
drop Faster Casting for Lightning penetration, when you get a way to ele/light leech (doryani belt) you can drop life leech for empower, and for shield safell is the best with rainbowstride
Try this tree,

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUATwRDyFugp1V8Dmjy8B-iAASzwGbhc-0ggpu2hpZ07DgpT-Qi1aYnL5BVGjjAGnGFzLfVdbFCVylG1xpsNukkqhZv42qdruWLG_F-x6cIuJPN-nyDES0snCt4H8cti20ZvYJXK_6zCPTAVGpDvOprF5UgwfOCHtsLFLBMLREPfq-NGeAS2V_djOvumuBFnVNSKPqCx_noQYe3Pv4K2L2io3_GEZYOSF3yfjOkkROejDZVS2HiJpUWvw==

I'm running an arc build in hc myself at lv90. That should give the general idea of what critical nodes you need. If you still have too low hp, I suggest taking up either the hp nodes on the top right or finish the sion circle of life.

As for your items, there's 2 things that pop up immediately: you have no shield, and you're wearing too many uniques. Buy a rathpith globe, having that 25% block or whatever is extremely critical. You're literally dodging 1/4 hits basically.

Also, swap out the gloves, boots, and belt for a rare that gives good hp and resists. The difference in hp you get from items can turn you from 2.9k hp to somewhere between 4-5k with even mediocre items.

As for your gems, take out leech life and add lightning pen, get a decent rare wand and master craft 1% lightning damage leech life onto it.

I would drop haste but it's up to you. But you need to fit in cwdt setup somewhere in your gem setup. cwdt -> ec -> ic -> increase duration in that order clockwise onto some gear that can hold 4 gems.

Also if you haven't done so already, get a divine hp flask and roll the mod that instantly gives you hp. Get a topaz flask too if you're worried about reflect. The divine flask will save you more than any single piece of gear as long as you can react fast enough.
Last edited by jebroni on Mar 17, 2015, 3:12:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info