[2.0 UPDATED] LOW LIFE CRIT ARC (88K ARC) - Very Fast Mapping, Atziri Capable!

**********UPDATES FOR 2.0*****************

NEW TREE: http://poeurl.com/zBAX7Lb

This is a lvl 96 witch tree. If you're not lvl 96 you can take out the scion jewel slot or the witch starting mana regen if you feel that you have enough. You could also take out the witch starting 16% spell damage.

Gear is the same as the gear listed below, without the atziri's acuity. We get vaal pact now, so you can use maligaro or voidbringer or rare es gloves. Using voidbringer may be difficult unless you have crazy mana and mana regen.

AURAS:

- ON LIFE: HASTE - HERALD OF THUNDER (BLOOD MAGIC LVL 20+) - (ENLIGHTEN LVL 3+)

- ON MANA: WRATH - DISCIPLINE - HERALD OF ICE - CLARITY (ENLIGHTEN LVL 3 +)

You will need at least 2 lvl 3 enlightens for this aura setup to work. You will be reserving 96% of your life, assuming you have ~1350 life (1300-1400 is what most low life characters have if they didn't invest into life). With lvl 4 enlighten and 2000 mana you will have 200 mana to cast with, which is plenty, but may be a problem if you're using voidbringers. If this is the case you can drop anger for herald of thunder. Also remember that you can easily get lvl 4 + enlighten if you use a +1 to all gems item (vertex, +1 voidbringers, +1 maligaros), freeing up more of ur mana.

This tree has more ES than it did on 2.0, so even with discipline nerf I think it will have 7k+ es if you're using voidbringer. With 50% less "increased energy shield" on tree in 1.3 and using acuity instead of ES gloves, I had 6.6k es. Less with maligaro ofc.

CURRENT GEAR: (UPDATED OCT 17 2015)

DPS: 124K crit multi + empower, 84k life leech + lightning pen

ES: 6.3k

********** 1.3 GUIDE VERSION - *************

Hello,

Its YJShin back again with another build guide. I've showcased this build a few times on my stream and some people have been asking me for a build guide.

IGN: IMOUTO_PARTY

STREAM: www.twitch.tv/jinbinshin

MY OTHER GUIDES:
Crit Arc/Storm Call Witch CHEAP new-league Atziri Farmer: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1145673/page/1

Voll's Protector Crit Ele Buzzsaw: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1209497

The focus of this build was to be able to clear maps quickly without compromising safety, and although it wasn't my original intention to farm atziri with this build I've figured out that it does at decent job at clearing Apex of Sacrifice too. Never tried Uber on this character yet, although I think it could do it. Not really interested in attempting Uber on this character for now since I have a different character I farm Uber on anyways. This toon's essentially just for fun.

ATZIRI VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaVi65dwGUI

78 PALACE RUN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Zmh1zOJdU

------------------------------------------------

PASSIVE TREE

CURRENT LEVEL: 93

http://poeurl.com/zlGtHNA

Typical low life / spell / crit tree. One thing to note with this tree is that there is no specific elemental damage type that I took on the tree. All damage in this build is "spell damage", "spell critical strike chance", "spell critical strike multiplier", and "cast speed". This essentially means that with some minor recoloring of your chest, this build can use any spell in the game and still do damage. I've used freezing pulse/spark/ice nova/ball lightning/ice spear/arctic breath/fire ball/flameblast etc. and cleared 78 maps no problem. If the spell has any crit chance on it, it is viable to use with this tree (although it may not be the most optimal, but still viable).

BANDIS: PASSIVE - PASSIVE - ALIRA or PASSIVE - ALIRA - ALIRA

Also, I will discuss this more in the "GEAR" section but if you don't have as much mana/mana regen on gear as I do, you will need to take more mana/mana regen on the tree to sustain arctic armor and cast arc without running out of mana. The other alternative is to not use voidbringers, which will help with sustaining your mana to cast without interruption.

GEAR

My current gear (updating as I upgrade, and I do have improvements to make):

Flasks:

Spoiler

Key pieces:
Shavronne's Wrappings.
At least 5link preferred. Could be replaced by Solaris Lorica I think, with my shavs uniequipped I lose about 1700 es (6450 - 4750, ish)

2 Void batteries, with high cast speed rolls.
If you want big damage this is probably the best choice unless you have 400+ ex to spend on wands and want to get 2 mirrored wands. I think 5t1 + lightning leech crafted wands (t1 spell dmg/hybrid spell dmg, t1 spell crit/crit multi/cast speed) could outdamage void batteries but why spend like 400 on wands when u can get pretty nice dps with 50 ex (standard prices as of March 11th, 2015) if you just use void batteries. Maybe if you're really rich, you can get 2 mirror wands and share with us how the dps compares vs. void batteries.

You could go for 1 void battery + shield, but this cus my dps in half (HALF!) which feels really sad and I feel like I have enough ES to get around anyways. I never really die in maps unless lag or extreme carelessness or if my cat assaults me in my chair. But if you really want to use a shield you can also consider using just a very nice rare wand and dropping a the templar power charge node on the tree.

Jewellery with high mana/mana regen/energy shield %/crit multi.

To use voidbringers and sustain lvl 20+ arctic armor you need at least t2 mana regen rolls on every piece of jewellery. Is ok to run out of mana after casting arc ~8 times or so since everything dies within that many casts anyways. But more mana regen is always good. Also try to get critical strike multiplier on your amulet, and maybe cast speed if you can afford to get it. These two stats really boost your damage greatly. Lastly, try to buy jewellery with high %es prefixes, or buy jewellery with open prefixes and craft %es yourself using the Elreon bench.

Voidbringer vs. Atziri's Acuity

So I thought about using Voidbringer vs. Maligaros vs. Acuity in the gloves slot. Acuity the best, but even with voidbringer I don't really have a problem with reflect in maps, as long as I use my topaz flask appropriately and even without it I don't really kill myself. Purity of lightning + the aura/buff effectiveness on the tree seems good enough. Also, since we're not using a shield and my helmet is kinda garbage, I need the energy shield from voidbringer to have a decent energy shield pool. Lastly, although maligaro's gives the biggest dps boost, the consistency voidbringer gives by giving us more crits is really nice for mapping. Crit=1 shot pack anyways without the maligaro's crit multi, so we just want to be able to crit more. The +1 to elemental gems is also nice, if you can get a +1 to level of gems corruption on them you can get a lvl 23 purity of lightning aura without using empower (putting lvl 21 purity of lighting in your voidbringer) which will make your character extremely tanky vs. reflect. Also, using acuity lets you run a CWDT EC IC INC DURATION setup easier, since you get get RRRR sockets easily.

Rainbowstride with Haste Corruption

Now these are pretty useful. I don't have enough dex on this witch to run haste higher than level 7, so being able to equip level 14 haste with such little dex is pretty nice. It also saves a gem link, making my boots essentially a 5link. If you put in reduced mana in these boots, the haste aura is also supported by reduced mana, meaning the only drawback of using an aura this way instead of putting in a real gem is that you get a level 14 aura instead of level 20+. But since we can't equip anything more than level 7 anyways, there is no problem with this either.

Helmet

Cheap way to fill your helmet slot is to just use Vertex. However, I was short on resistances this way and had to give up on haste and run purity of elements instead.

DON'T U GET STUNNED TO DEATH WITHOUT UNWAVERING/CHAYULA/LIONYEYE'S PAWS?

not really, just play smart and arctic armor saves your ass a lot, the only situation in maps where stun is a very large problem is when you're facing a pack of leap slamming mobs with high damage. When you see this, pop your quicksilver and GTFO if you think you will get stunlocked. But with our damage most leap slammers die in the air before getting to use (even rogue exiles).

GEMS/LINKS

You can see the gem links in the gear section above, but you don't have to follow me exactly.

The key thing is the links for Arc, which is:

ARC - SPELL ECHO - FASTER CASTING - LIGHTNING PENETRATION - POWER CHARGE ON CRIT - EMPOWER

Since we're using void batteries with 9 power charges, power charge on crit is basically mandatory if you don't want to drive yourself crazy in maps trying to sustain charges using assassin's mark. Empower is a very nice dps boost, however if you want to be safe in maps or during the atziri fight you can use a 20q life leech gem instead. It makes you very tanky. If you're feeling a little poor one day and you need to do some magic finding, replace empower/crit damage with IIQ/IIR gems. I do this sometimes because I am a poor man. That hasn't changed much even with the use of IIQ and IIR, but maybe you'll have better luck than me.

Rest of the links heavily depend on what color gear you have, since they're all basically auras. Key things to note are that:
1. Its nice to have enhance on arctic armor, increases my movement speed by 5% and feels very nice in maps.

2. Linking reduced duration/faster casting on lightning warp makes you so much faster and your life so much easier.

3. Best auras to have on life are discipline and herald of thunder, or discipline and clarity if you have enough life to fit in the clarity. For atziri we disable herald of ice since we have 99% lightning resistance but much lower cold resistance, meaning if we get cold damage reflected to us during the split phase we might get destroyed.

4. Best 3link cast when damage taken setup is CWDT-FROST WALL-ENFEEBLE in my opinion. Warlords mark is also viable in place of enfeeble. If you can manage to fit in a 4link CWDT (somehow), it would be CWDT - ENDURING CRY - IMMORTAL CALL - FROST WALL

STATS

DPS WITH 9 POWER CHARGE + BLOOD RAGE FOR 3 FRENZY CHARGE + ATZIRI'S PROMISE + CRIT DAMAGE:

Spoiler

DPS WITH 9 POWER CHARGE + ATZIRI'S PROMISE + LIGHTNING PENETRATION:

Spoiler

DEFENSIVE STATS

Spoiler

ATZIRI/MAP VIDEOS

ATZIRI VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaVi65dwGUI

78 PALACE RUN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Zmh1zOJdU

Atziri is fairly easy, video is pretty self-explanatory. For the last fight switch in storm call instead of arc, and she should melt very quickly.

OLD ATZIRI STRAT (VIABLE BUT SLOWER):

Spoiler
Atziri is fairly easy with this build, just use the exact flask setup in the gear section above for the first 2 boss fights, then for the last fight switch out one void battery for a saffel's frame, to bring yourself up to 99% lightning resistance with flask activated. Also swtich to 3 topaz flasks and 2 ruby flasks for this fight. Take out empower for 20q life leech. During the split phase go to the corner of the room opposite to the spear throwing clone to make sure she doesn't throw spears at you, and just stand there and arc with your topaz + ruby popped. As long as you have your herald of ice turned off you should take almost 0 reflect damage and only like 1k - 1.5k damage per flameblast, which you will leech fully before the next flameblast hits. Not the fastest atziri clearing build, if you need a guide on cheaper/faster atziri killers I have guides for that too. But I'm just saying this build can still do it easily if you wanted to.
Last edited by YJShin on Oct 18, 2015, 2:22:31 AM
So where's the build @ ? :(
"
So where's the build @ ? :(

I pressed "enter" by mistake while typing up the introduction and I had no idea how to delete forum posts LOL........ but I'm done now, it must have looked really shady just reading the first 3 lines of the guide with nothing else below my apologies...
Atziri capable with 6l Shavs and dual Void Batteries? Wow. That's only like, 130e! Is there any build that costs over 100e that can't do Atziri?
Last edited by ZarlakRC on Mar 11, 2015, 6:53:22 PM
Yes, it seems like a life-based pledge of hands build will vastly outperform this when it comes to bang for buck. Atleast Ive seen some 80k+ Arc builds lately, even in HC. Not sure how much a 6L Pledge is in Standard tho.. I'm guessing a lot. Then again, who plays standard anyways *ducks away before the OPs cat gets me* :D
lightning penetration will give you more dps than critical damage

and you should put your heralds in the voidbringers so they get +1 level, this would boost your damage b ya nice amount, you should also probably buy a pair of voidbringers that have quality so you get more ES

Also im not entirely sure voidbringers are worth it, you might be better off with just a pair of ES gloves and get some crit chance on tree, sacrifice a bit of mana regen.

Currently youre sitting at 299 mana regen, your main attack costs 135, you have 5 casts per second, thats 675, since you use spell echo its 338 mana per second, with AAs 38, your required mana regen is 376 mana per second to sustain your attack without draining mana, as it is now youre basically degening 75 mana per second when you cast.. that sounds like a pain to sustain
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Mar 11, 2015, 7:21:26 PM
"
The focus of this build was to be able to clear maps quickly without compromising safety, and although it wasn't my original intention to farm atziri with this build I've figured out that it does at decent job at clearing Apex of Sacrifice too.

it think u should read my intro again @ZarlakRC
Also no real problem with mana regen unless 50% regen map, i never have to cast arc more than 3 times per pack anyways continuously
"
lightning penetration will give you more dps than critical damage

and you should put your heralds in the voidbringers so they get +1 level, this would boost your damage b ya nice amount, you should also probably buy a pair of voidbringers that have quality so you get more ES

yea i've thought about the lightning pen/crit dmg part for a while, i tested with both gems in maps and it only really was better in lightning res maps, so i use it for that. But the crit multi 1 shots packs more consistently in other maps I found. Both equally viable as 6th link.

If my voidbringer wasn't corrupted yea id put heralds in there for sure, I've just been too lazy to get another pair
Looks like you upgraded from life to low life, cheers, I took the same path.

I saw some of your ingame footage and although the damage looks great ( even without lightning penetration which by the way, it is the best single link you can have, math proven ) the impression i got was that you were squishy as fuck :p

I use a totally diferent setup wand + board and i'm reaching high numbers too but i'm constantly on 60+/70+ block, reflect immune basically and as sturdy as possible with some stun protection even. My build uses and abuses of Vaal Storm call, the clear speed is absurd and the single target it's more than great.

Here's the setup incase you want to take a look

Spoiler

Flask setup

Spoiler

Tree

Natrak 94 Witch | Low Life Crit Arc'er - Standard
Jannee 92 Templar | Low Life Wander - Standard
Ntk 74 Ranger | Low Life TS - Standard (idling)
Jaaneee 72 Ranger | LS Tank (idling)
Joramm 73 Templar | Ele cleaver - Hardcore (idling)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info