curse on hit vs. bleed?

Long story short I have a 6 arcmage spectre build I enjoy farming with. I have just enough room in my helm that I have been using summoner raging spirits for better minion targeting and for something to do more or less. I am considering changing this to (arc + curse on hit + conductivity) at the very least but I do not want to hit bleeding damage or corrupted blood, I have summoned for so long I am uncertain of which one it is. NOW, before I have made a triple spell totem with skeletons just because and i was still using arc on accident back in the day and I could still use the move but it dealt no damage. So my question is if i were to get the "Ancestral Bond" keystone( additional totem, you cannot deal damage with your skills yourself)Would I still be able to apply curs eon hit with arc despite it deals no damage and would this proc or not proc bleeding from monsters?
Secondly would culling strike also work? It specifically states "Kills enemies on 10% life or less when hit by supported skills" would it still kill them/not be reflectable nor bleedable?
I use are / curse on hit with a dual curse setup on my flame totem build, works great and never got bleed damage from corrupting blood.
even if you would, you only need to hit once to curse, 1 charge wouldn't get you much bleed damage anyway.
not tried culling but I assume it would work too, stuff melts too quick to test though
I am considering using 5 regrets to try it out, a small price worth trying and use assassins mark in place of my conductivity for color purposes with the culling which if i were to kill a monster without dealing any damage to it i will eventually gain a charge. I may have to run quite a few runs to see about corrupted blood and as soon as i see it on my spectres and hopefully not on me then I will be happy XD. Now the real question on top of all this, is the 5 skill points worth being a totem build and only for mf purposes?
But thank you, I shall spec into it since curses will apply XD. I ranted on too fast, I got the info I need just then culling strike came up and it has now opened up to some very very nice applications.
Last edited by Buology on Mar 4, 2015, 7:36:39 AM
not played a summoner since beta, so not really sure what to suggest you here ;)
although, I don't really see the point of generating power charges as a summoner build, I would think there were more useful curses for you to use

I am pretty sure you get the corrupting blood effect, but as I said, one charge will do very negligeable damage, nothing to worry about
oh no i dont need the charges at all it is merely to test if the culling worked since my no damage arc might be killing monsters it is the only way i can be sure.
haha ok, that makes sense :)
please let me know if it does work, pretty sure it does, but confirmation would be great.
could link it then wiht IIQ and IIR gems too... if for some reason you had that many sockets free ;)

cursing with arc is great though, I use it on all chars that use more than 1 curse
Last edited by blubbber on Mar 4, 2015, 8:38:10 AM
sadly my vis mortis is only 5l out of 6s currently. once 6l I will probably try out iir, iiq, spell echo, lightning pen(since im using conductivity), and either minion damage or culling strike though how hard they hit already i might not even use zombies at all. i say in about a day or two ill be running the "ancestral bond" keystone with arc, CoH, conductivity, and try out the culling strike idea asap.

Also if and only if i can cull this way i then want to try herald of thunder and perhaps like i have on my 6 curse witch is apply another CoH on my herald with prolif and spec into an additional curse, etc.
Last edited by Buology on Mar 4, 2015, 2:53:54 PM
Culling is not Damage - Ancestral Bond does not prevent Culling.
You will still bleed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info