Building for the Most Interesting Rare I've Ever Seen

I was just lucky enough to trade for the most interesting weapon I've ever seen in this game. I've never seen anything like it. It's truly 'unique'. I almost want to color it orange and give it a sweet new name, like "Kaoms Descent" (into madness). Let's call it that. Hate Spell is fine too though =p

Anyway the guy who sold it me is better at the game than I am and gave me some interesting information, including how he was able to break 100k dps with this beast. But I'm my own exile. And so I'm starting out tests with something the previous owner for pretty practical reasons wasn't too enthusiastic about.

Which brings me to my question. Why kind of build comes to mind when you look at this bad boy?

It's kinda obvious, an attack-spell hybrid, with a staff you can afford another main skill too. I hope you got a Crown of Eyes collecting dust somewhere.

You can make anything with it, really, but that's the only thing I know of that would require a crazy item like this one.

And thanks for showing it, I assumed a staff like that can happen but never saw one myself.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 4, 2015, 7:21:42 AM
CoC sweep with ice and shock nova :)
Should be something with spells included, even with Crown of Eyes it's not that great as its pdps is very low for 2H. So Cast on Crit? Run with Crown of Eyes and your attacks and spells will both scale with spell damage so you should be doing okay dps even if you're not getting zillion procs.

"
raics wrote:
And thanks for showing it, I assumed a staff like that can happen but never saw one myself.

That's t3 phys% and t3 flat, like t4 attack speed with shitty crit multiplier and crafted crit chance. Only the spell damage roll is good (t2). It hardly breaks 400 pdps which is very moderate for 2Hs. Not that crazy imo.
"
Grughal wrote:
That's t3 phys% and t3 flat, like t4 attack speed with shitty crit multiplier and crafted crit chance. Only the spell damage roll is good (t2). It hardly breaks 400 pdps which is very moderate for 2Hs. Not that crazy imo.

Sure, mods themselves aren't that hot, but what are the odds to get them considering the mod pool on staves. If I had something like this drop for me I'd run out to buy a lottery ticket that very instant.

Another thing this could be awesome for is CoMK, for that you need to do solid damage with both attacks and casts.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 4, 2015, 8:26:31 AM
Crown of Eyes and Cast on Crit are the obvious candidates. CoC would be probably more interesting to build, too bad it's a slow base.

COMK crit perhaps? Spell for the cast :P
"
Zed_ wrote:
Crown of Eyes and Cast on Crit are the obvious candidates. CoC would be probably more interesting to build, too bad it's a slow base.

I would try CoC Sweep, could be fun

Sweep does not care about slow base, has its own (even slower though:))

or perhaps CoC ground slam with glacial cascade and flame surge? AoE passives and little added fire dmg from gear to support surge
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Mar 4, 2015, 11:17:08 AM
Base attack speed is too low for CoC (ST CoC might kinda work).
For funsies, do Sweep CoC Ice Nova. :P

---

I would go Crown of Eyes and just beat stuff to death using your favorite melee variant.
Flicker HoA prolif springs to mind, as does Cyclone, as does Leap Slam.
Last edited by pneuma on Mar 4, 2015, 11:55:56 AM
"
Base attack speed is too low for CoC (ST CoC might kinda work).
For funsies, do Sweep CoC Ice Nova. :P

great coverage (with AoE passives) and hits well spread over time could compensate for low speed

with good damage staff like this it wouldnt be a waste to use faster attacks and multistrike supports (required to get ~4 aps with Sweep) in CoC setup, with them decent physical leech is possible. I would link Ice nova and Arc.

Single target you can choose attack, spell, basicaly anything you like (with CoE)

e: also dual curse on hit leap slam in the middle of packs
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Mar 4, 2015, 1:13:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info