Pledge of Hands

What do you think about this item? I was under the impression that uniques are not allowed to be strictly best in slot vs rares. I think this item can be argued to violate that rule. The spell damage is on the level of double T1 spell damage and both legendary affixes are monstrous. Maybe a +3 staff with T1 spell damage, cast speed, spell crit and crit multi can compare. Maybe.

I'd say a +3 staff with Empower socketed could probably out-damage Pledge with five relevant links. Pledge probably deals more damage if you can utilize the whole 7-link.

Also depends on how much increased damage you're getting from other sources. If you've got like 200% increased damage from tree and gear not counting the weapon, that 150-ish spell damage won't be as great as if you had only like 20% increased spell damage. Meanwhile extra levels get boosted a LOT by increased damage.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Pledge was supposed to be Atziri drop. This rule does't seem to apply to Atziri uniques. Catalyst and the belts are pretty insane too (unique affixes for the item slot on top of very good regular affixes).
"
Grughal wrote:
Pledge was supposed to be Atziri drop.

Wow I didn't know that. Explains a lot.

Yeah, if I recall right Spell Echo - skill gem wasn't ready when Atziri was to be released so Pledge was taken out as well. Even the art and flavor text goes with Atziri theme on Pledge and it was stated by devs sometime before the release of it.
pledge is BiS for casters other than axns mirrors. Even for SRS its only 10% less dps than a +3. for casters numbers like 120K for freeze pulse, 100K for arc 80K for ice nova are not hard with good life builds. It's magic despite being a 7L is you dont have to take any mana nodes on tree which means more DPS nodes can be taken over anything else. 100% mana + EB GG.

For some reason it's way underpriced. I got mine 6l for 30 ex.

Base sells for 5-6ex
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 4, 2015, 3:34:28 AM
If you take away the 100% increased mana it's not as good as a top end +3 staff. It's really the mana mod which sells it.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

I have no idea how to caster or use spells but I'm pretty sure this makes pledge look more like a Skin Transfer item. As a unique it was never a BiS item.

(courtesy of view-thread/556020)
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
Last edited by OJ8_Graz on Mar 4, 2015, 3:51:59 AM
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:

I have no idea how to caster or use spells but I'm pretty sure this makes pledge look more like a Skin Transfer item. As a unique it was never a BiS item.

(courtesy of view-thread/556020)

It's a lot close than you'd think. All those crits can be made up where Agony user is chasing mana to spam.

So this leaves 22% cast sp vs 60% increased spell dam and +3 vs another gem. Have to test. But based on SRS I only saw 10% more DPS with a +3 fire.

You dont want pledge for a skin bro it's fugly. Looks like a telephone pole.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 4, 2015, 4:03:57 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

It's a lot close than you'd think. All those crits can be made up where Agony user is chasing mana to spam.

So this leaves 22% cast sp vs 60% increased spell dam and +3 vs another gem. Have to test. But based on SRS I only saw 10% more DPS with a +3 fire.

Yea probably on mana issues, but isn't going full ES + life rares on all other slots fixes that problem? AKA no special mitigation like coil or cloak?

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
You dont want pledge for a skin bro it's fugly. Looks like a telephone pole.

LOOL
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info