Alternative leveling options ?

I've been having a hard time leveling up new chars lately and I bet on anything I'm not the only one, probably most of the not so new to the game players feel like this. It's a pain going through the quests over and over, walking around maps, searching for entrances, waypoints, when you already know by heart the lore, the quest stories. It's just annoying and disgusting, makes you wanna abandon it.

So, I've been thinking, why not create an alternative way to level up till level 60 or something so then you can happily play maps, as that's what this game is really about ? I hate to compare this game to D3, i really do, PoE is much better than D3 but they got the Rifts and they're awesome, saves you a lot of chore.

With that in mind, I'd really love to see some leveling paths like Endless Ledge style, something unique to PoE, that could get you to high level without having to go through the quests. It's the one thing this game really lacks atm, imo.

Other suggestion would be low level maps that can drop anywhere, at any level, that would definitely make the game more interesting and add a little more pleasure to leveling up new chars and also create another currency and trading material in this game.

I'm curious how many feel the same, raise some hands please! And GGG Staff, please think about it and maybe consider it for the next League.

I actually enjoy leveling new chars MORE than playing end game 80+ builds. This is what arpgs are all about imho, it's not an mmo where you have to get to end game before the game really starts. I love finding the most efficient ways to level a new character, as well as watching it quickly become more powerful. This is also why cruel is my favorite difficulty, because if built right you can just steam roll through it.

Once you've played through the game a few times, You shouldn't have any problems with getting lost and finding entrances. You eventually learn the patterns of the maps, and where things tend to spawn.

For example, The Western Forest has 2 quests. First you have to kill the gaurds and get thematic emblem. They always spawn at the end of the road, so just follow it to the end. Next you have to kill/help Alira. She will almost always be up and to the right of the road block. If not there, she's just on the other side of the road.

Overall I would prefer the leveling process in PoE to remain the same.
Last edited by Nerdicide on Mar 3, 2015, 6:26:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info