Mapping feels like swimming in a dumpster

So this is a loot based game right?. I am supposed to pay attention to what monsters drop and keep my eye on valuable stuff? How the hell am I supposed to do that when all that white and blue crap won't even fit on my screen?? Tracking loot in high quantity maps is huge PITA and in 6ppl party is IMPOSSIBLE!

Last time i was clearing some supper high quantity map, i was going back to turn in tora quest only to find shavs in the middle of a junkyard of white and blue trash that was 2-3 screens long... I join a pug on some maps. Exalt drops and no1 even noticed.

I get that some ppl like to pick up EVERYTHING and to play around with thrash with chance alchs etc. What about ppl who simply don't care about all that white and blue crap that drops all over my screen to the point where i cant see my own character? I even died couple of times because i cant see MY OWN CHARACTER due to whole screen being covered in trash.

Currently there is some shitty loot filter in the game that doesn't help at all especially if u play some yolo build like flicker. And yeah, it only works when loot rules are set to free for all or somehting. It doesn't work in parties.

Why is there not an option to simply select stuff u want to see and all other junk is simply hidden?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I usually toggle the Item Display off while its getting too much and i cant see stuff :) Other than that, well just keep an eye on it. When i play with others, we tell us when theres important stuff lying forgotten on the ground.
Last edited by domokunsan on Mar 3, 2015, 10:18:39 AM
like a cardboard box dumpster or a food dumpster? Maybe even a grease bin mayhaps? It makes a big difference.
"
B0ombar wrote:

Why is there not an option to simply select stuff u want to see and all other junk is simply hidden?

+1 for implementing a loot filter as QoL
"
B0ombar wrote:
RANT

It's HARDCORE, YO! (j/k)

"
CabooseDog wrote:
"
B0ombar wrote:

+1 for implementing a loot filter as QoL

+2
"Imagining GGG as a cranky hormonal pregnant woman suddenly explains a lot." - CliveHowlitzer
I have the answers for current questions concerning QoL features, and they are all "no".

Is there a list of QoL features being looked at as possibilities in 1.4 ?
This should be on it if there is a list. Along with a whole slew of others recommendations...

I would vote a loot filter and item color modifying option near the top of priorities... sadly they are probabaly at the bottom or not even on the list, if a list even exists.

Ahhh the dream of one day seeing what my character looks like in battle. Currently he looks like a bunch of white text.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
"
domokunsan wrote:
I usually toggle the Item Display off while its getting too much and i cant see stuff :) Other than that, well just keep an eye on it. When i play with others, we tell us when theres important stuff lying forgotten on the ground.

Thats what i did yesterday. Good bless Tora and her epic quest :D
last time I wait 5 min close to an Eternal Orb waiting that I can pick it up when the 5 others guys was cleaning the map without checking what was dropping.
IGN TylordRampage
Maybe it wouldn't even need an filter, if just the text would be plain text, and not in a blocky box. Also the Idea of coloring i like a lot.

But im the worst UI Design Artist around :D
Im just trying to find any good loot ha!
Last edited by domokunsan on Mar 3, 2015, 10:42:37 AM
Ideally, I'd want them to reduce drop rates by 90%, and tighten the affix pool so that the rares that drop have affixes that are actually appropriate for the level they're found in. Like, ilvl60+ will never roll below T4, ilvl 70+ will never roll below T3. Might actually be fun to find a rare if it wasn't nearly guaranteed to be vender trash every fucking time.

Still, a loot filter would be a nice band-aid to this horrible design.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info