6 Linking

So, Chris said that 6-link armor/weapons are end-game items. I absolutely agree.

HOWEVER: So, I'm into my 6th league with ONE 6-link item; and of course it's in Standard.

In my opinion the current solution of adding 1500 fusings to the master Vorici to get a 6-link is way too many. Also, the base average cc. 1200 fusings is too many for an end-game player that wants to experience the rest of the game and needs a 6-link item. In my opinion, the reason the base average of 1200 is way too many is because of the stupidity of the RNG. So, a really lucky guy can pay 1-10 fusings and a really unlucky guy could pay 100,000 fusings (this is not an exaggeration folks). And I've heard around the grapevine that if you add 20% quality in between each fusing that the odds of success are increased by 50%.

I would be happy if there was some way in the direction of "diminishing returns" that a 6-link was more easily acquired for an end-game player.

Suggestions:
1. Increase the success odds by 5-10% for each character level after level 80 with a cap at, say, 75% for a level 90 character. Tag the item to the player so that he cannot sell it -- those guys are already too rich. Make it a UI option so that a player can choose whether or not he wants to have the item tagged to his account or he wants to sell it.

2. Track the number of fusings used and when the player reaches 1200 -- give him the 6-link.

In my opinion, an end-game player (certainly one of level 90 stature) should be ENTITLED to experience the end-game content of each league.

Yes, my character is the most unpopular -- The Duelist and of course the most fun and the most difficult to use. I'm level 90 and I would really like to have a 6-link armor. I'm currently over 1300 fusings and 5200 armor scraps -- yup, on my way to the 100,000 and beyond. BTW, it cost me over 1000 jewelers to get the 6-socket (of which I have no problem, because I have averaged around 300 jewelers for the many 6-socketed items, I've crafted). But the difference in the randomness between an average of 300 and an average of 1200 is significant; and in my opinion, this is not acceptable in its current form. And yes, I used well over 1000 fusings and 4000 scraps with no success for my level 28 PvP character.
"Share information to increase knowledge."
"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Keep in mind that this number 1.5k is balanced for trading folks. If you play SF, doing dailies and farm 64 jew worth of alt & jew per day, you'll get it in about 2 months.

But for traders this time is severely shortened.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Yesterday I farmed ~150-200 fuse without buying any just by trading up alts using lega MF, without legacy iiq gear you could get ~ 75-100 which is still a lot, the fuse amount you farm comes from the time you dedicate to farming, not from the number of days you play.

Also SF is your own challenge, that has nothing to do with game balance.
"
morbo wrote:
Keep in mind that this number 1.5k is balanced for trading folks. If you play SF, doing dailies and farm 64 jew worth of alt & jew per day, you'll get it in about 2 months.

But for traders this time is severely shortened.

I see that you are not so good with math. First, 64 jewelers does not get you 20 fusings until Vorici is level 6. Also, you can get 20 jewelers for 32 alts once Elreon is level 6. Until this time it takes 80 jewelers to get 20 fusings. The ability to get 60-80 jewelers a day is a significant undertaking for over 90% of the players (imo). Getting this amount of currency is more consistent, imo, with the 2nd and 3rd month leaving no time to revel in the end-game content. Also, 20 fusings a day for 2 months, only gives you 1200 fusings, not 1500. The other thing that you're missing is that on average it takes about 300 jewelers to get a 6-socket. Plus, until you have made your 6-link, you really have to make a 5-link to carry you to the end game. And there are many other uses you have to make do with your stock of alts and jewelers and fusings.

So, in closing, I stand by my original position. In my opinion, after three months of hacking my way up the ladder, I believe that I should be ENTITLED to access the end-game content and that I should be almost guaranteed a 6-link for my build using the currency that I've been able to collect and not waste. So, if I spend my fusings in dribs and drabs on my way to 1200 or 600 with 2400 armor scraps (for crafting whites), I should have a 6-link armor.

BTW, this game doesn't really support trading very well.

Edit: I have no idea what "SF" or "lega MF" mean.
Edit: It's absurd, imo, to use Legacy Gear as an example for a thread which obviously refers to Torment League where Legacy gear does not exist. Also, there are no normal players, imo, that can acquire 800 alts a day -- this is also an absurd example. These comments are like you are the guys that get the 6-link in 1-10 fusings. Also, some builds don't have room for luxuries like high mf gear (true melee, not a canned build).
"Share information to increase knowledge."
"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson
Last edited by aura0000 on Mar 3, 2015, 4:46:42 AM
math, etc.. ^_^

I've done all that in Torment SF (self found) and got my 6L vorici in two months. Yes, with steady daily play, but nothing too exaggerated.

1500 is high because in PoE you are supposed to trade

Other points:

* getting masters to lvl 6 is now a breeze
* you need 64 jews per day to get 20 fus from vorici, how you got them is not important (drops, Elro', vendor...)
* if you are smart, your first SF 5L in league is a white chest == easy to link (if you are smarter, you trade, ofc)
* 2 months is an estimate which takes drops into account, if you are just doing the vorici deal it takes more.

E:
* you dont need (legacy) IIQ gear
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 3, 2015, 4:59:21 AM
Using 1.2k fuse and getting 6L with 100% chance is a fun situation, I wanna gamble, but I still want the safety of not gambling.

Also, 800 alts a day was pure farming for ~6 hours, endgame content requires loooooaaads of time in this game so I don't think any ease in the linking process will happen nor I want it.

You can do MF with melee too, I run my farming char risky too, not even capped resists, low HP, that is the price of MFing.

Just for the record my lowest is 20 fuse for 6L and my highest is 1.2k atm and going on.
6L is an end goal 1500 is fine.

q
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
you can make 50 fuse a day runniung ledge up and down and sell 6s with a 85+ you dont even have to pay attention can watch a movie aswell
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
You already answered your own question.... buy a shit ton of scraps and 20%Q for each fuse!

ALL of these with less than 100 fuse total doesnt lie! ;)
Thats not counting the other 3 5L ive sold or lost the 5L going for 6L ALSO linked in that 100 fuse total!
The lightning coil 5Led in like 4-6 fuse if i remember correctly!

This bow WITHOUT stones i dropped more to 5L (120ish) real fast than i did on ALL the other gear i 5L and 6L in the 100!

The moral of the story is the 20%Q on each fuse certainly makes a difference!

EDIT: Before you say ANYTHING about the crafting mods on the bow... i bought it that way! Dont ask me man! I have no idea!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Mar 3, 2015, 8:25:23 AM
I remember once with just one fusing i did 6L at a time . And after 1 min i was used a vaal orb on it. Poof, 3s 2l. Rng is rng, people are lucky sometimes; and theyre always stupid as i am. Its not about maths.
The void is a calculated mass.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info