Damage Conversion

If this makes no sense please let me know. My brain is fried thinking about this.

So I have been looking at damage conversion recently and have a few questions.

What I have found so far:
1) Should the conversion % be more than 100%, conversion is scaled down so it does not surpass 100%. In this case, Active gems (like Burning Arrow) seem to take priority and are not scaled. All other modifiers are scaled down based on this conversion.
2) If no active gem conversion is used, the support gem (like phys to lightning) will be used next for conversion scaling.

Where my brain starts hurting. Suppose you are using tornado shot with no support gems. For whatever reason you are wearing:
Hrimsorrow Gloves - 25% Physical to Cold conversion
A Perfect Blackgleam- 50% Physical to Fire Conversion
Darkscorn- 25% physical to Chaos
Lightbane Rainment- 10% Physical to chaos

Total physical to other damage= 110%

What would be used as the base for scaling? For slightly more confusion you can do the same scenario as above with a perfect blackgleam with a corrupted implicit of 20% Physical to Lightning.

One more scenario I just made up:
100 Phys Damage with:
Goddess Scorned 100% Phys to Fire
Hrimsorrw gloves 25% phys to cold

In this case I would assume you would do 100 Fire Damage, 0 Physical and 0 Cold. Looking for corrections if this is wrong.

I also am not sure where Avatar of Fire is calculated in. In my head it would make the most sense to calculate as:
Active Skill > Support > Uniques > Avatar of Fire where you scale based off the highest "tier" that is applicable in that order.

Resources:
Wiki: Damage Conversion
All of those are unique items. Thus, there's nothing more basic than anything else. All of the conversion values will thus be multiplied by 10/11.
Thank You. I knew there had to be a simple answer, but for the life of me couldnt think of it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info