Bear Chow

So I just got eaten by a bear. A voidBEARer.

I run an evasion duelist, 72% chance to evade with grace up, 1500 life. Most of the time, I can sit in the middle of mobs and stay at max health. I have dodge and OG and 50+% resist to all elements, plus I use lgoh on my main attack (molten strike).

And those bears ate me like I was Goldilocks. I died 20x in the docks on cruel. 10x to the orange vb miniboss alone. What am I missing? What game mechanic is allowing them to beat me like a rug?

PS. Yes, I'm a noob. This is my first character. Assume I know absolutely nothing. :)
Voidbearers don't use Attacks - that flamethrower is a Spell. You cannot Evade it, so Ondar's Guile doesn't make you immune to it.
Max your Fire Resist (going from 50% to 75% means taking 50% less damage!) and don't stand still when there's five of them bastards. They do eventually stop spitting flames, which renders them mostly-harmless.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 1, 2015, 9:40:41 PM
Thanks. I'll go get my fire rings and try again. After I triumph, I am making that orange boss into a rug for my living room.
I am extremely disappointed that this was not a thread about drop bears.
"
flynnk wrote:
What am I missing? What game mechanic is allowing them to beat me like a rug?

Resistances. Look at it this way: having 50% resistance rather than 75% means that those puppies deals 2x damage to you with respect to a well-equipped player. You are getting to the point of the game in which it becomes basically mandatory to have 75% all res (excluding chaos). Elemental and spell damage is the #1 killer in this game. Have 75% all resistances at all costs.
Shower thought: no two rares are the same. So rares are unique, while uniques are not. On the other hand, uniques are rare, while rares are not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info