Need help on what deulist build to choose

build looks decent to me, its an axe + shield build, if u wanted to do it with a sword id maybe suggest making a change like this...

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAAF4EsQUtCC4Kmwz3EuEVIBmOGbQblxutLOkvzDJOPeJAoEd-SO5KfUxgTUZeE2BLYSFi7GVNZ6B07XiueOt674TZhO-HdorwlWabjamVrK-9Nr6nwL_BgsSCypDK09N-18vdDeOf5wrpRu2D73r8xSFgsHNEnr_VU7tKyD8nKk218m6qNZLYvaluMglybGxGTeP-jzrhplf-CvJF1op_KwIRo-dE0gMn1FIwfOcP3L0xsMv1uR0V7I19TZIj9qOK

to get the sword nodes, and while you are so close to ondars guile its worth grabbing if you are armour + evasion, if you run say grace + hatred auras then ondars is probably the single strongest melee defense node on the tree and imo worth dropping the 4% block from command of steel that I took off. Youll be losing 4% chance to block attacks and gaining about 40% chance to evade projectiles. Being melee projectiles are a serious worry because generally they are hitting you when you are out of range to be hitting back, so youre not leeching and you may have to eat a ton of them to the face in order to close the gap so you can dps the mobs and leech back. Blocking an attack can result in being stunned, evading cant stun you.

you wouldnt take the first node of the ranger, thats just there cause its a ranger tree, go all the way to the 14% evasion + 5% life node and stop there.

static is a legit skill, personally i prefer reave or cleave but it really is just preference, they all perform. Melee in general has deeps galore as long as you get yourself a decent weapon and support your skills properly. Nothing in your tree is skill specific, switching between the skills is simply taking out the man skill gem and throwing in another, so you can try them all out with the same tree.
IGN: synthelite
Last edited by BLUcody on Mar 2, 2015, 7:30:53 PM
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR0V7MqQ6UaK8MSChNm-p6Q50IFH4iLiFSAs6crTGbTiLAkz0TZKyD8nKk3YvTWStfJuqv6P_gryRTrhple9NmVNR37Bgi_MTUYFLXrvdO2E72LsJ9VgSxLhYSFeEzJOwL9AoKyvG5eplQz3IWCwc1O7v9VEnk3j45-Hdmeg_MXdDUp9lWYEsUxgPeLXyxutSO54ru2DGY4AXtN-CC546wqb5wrvepst

imo u really want to go through quickstep rather than the 3 dex nodes down the side, youre getting 4% attack speed and 30 dex from 4 points, going through quickstep instead and dropping that 4% attack speed node in the ranger start gives you 12% attack speed + 8% move speed for same points. Also the 3% attack speed in the duelist start above Art Of The Gladiator, drop that and get the 6% attack speed + 12% accuracy node right at the duelist start. Youll gain 11% attack speed, 12% accuracy and 8% movespeed for the same total point investment overall.

Theres sense in not going weapon specific, I dont ever go weapon specific in my dual wield duelist guide purely to leave yourself open to finding upgrades. Thats easier with dual wield because theres more generic dual wield nodes and they tend to be strong, but with a shield there is a node called "fencing" above Thick Skin, its generic 1h damage, not the most efficient wheel but if you need more deeps late game, its on your doorstep.
This is a really great help to me, thanks! I really appreciate it, I keep sweating if my build will ever be effective-I don't want to min/max 100%, I want to also have a build I have fun playing that looks and functions good.

Any suggestions on equipment? I mean I don't have Lioneye's Remorse (I think I have a grace gem though) so I'm planning to save up to that while I'm playing along the way, but I mean should I generally use equipment that boosts both armor + evasion or a mix of pure evasion with evasion/armor, etc.
IGN: synthelite
The question about armor vs evasion has been an ever-ending rage debate since first I played this game. Some people say that evasion is crap and go all armor by way of Iron Reflexes. Personally, though, I prefer high evasion (45+) coupled with Ondar's Guile, Acrobatics, Phase Acrobatics and a decent Lightning Warp (with Reduced Duration and Faster Casting). That is a more complex setup, and takes a more finesse in execution. My ranger uses this and frankly she can tank mobs of magic titty gunners with ease (nearly 100% evasion to projectile attacks). But, ultimately, it all comes down to preference.

There are other ways to utilize high evasion. My duelist, for example, has 6% phys leech and 45% evasion. That is sufficient to enable him to tank even magic Bear mobs up to map level 75, with help of Endurance charges and Immortal Call+Molten Shell+Warlord's Mark+Cast when Damage Taken.

Armor and Evasion have their own strength and weakness. Find one that is more suited to your style of play.

I think the build hes looking at is armour + evasion hybrid, personally Id always go for ondars too when theres evasion involved, well, tbh Id never go melee without evasion involved if I was being serious and playing my own builds, but its all good.

The way to equip hybrid gear wise is basically full armour gear. Reason for this, Grace aura provides 2000 flat Evasion, and with a tree that starts center and moves right towards ranger all the boosts you are getting from your tree are either 50/50 Armour + Evasion or they are pure Evasion, so to end up with equal amounts of both you need more flat Armour than flat Evasion.

So the big 3 slots you want pure Armour = Chest + Helm + Shield, these 3 slots are where you can get the most defenses. Gloves and Boots, doesnt matter so much tbh, Armour, Evasion or Ar + Ev hybrid, the amount of defense you can get from those slots isn't going to make a big difference, go with the items with the best life, resist, blah blah.

"2% of physical attack damage leeched as mana" is going to be an essential stat for a physical attack based build like this. It can spawn on rings, amulets and gloves, youll want to get this stat somewhere, this is going to fuel your attacks so you can spam infinitely, you dont want to need mana flasks etc. % phys leeched as life is also highly recommended.

Ok Ill go through each slot with the sort of stats ur looking for and what a strong value would be, obviously you wont be able to get ideal gear, but this is what you are aiming for long term in an ideal world. Strength = life + phys damage, so getting Strength anywhere you can get it is always worth it.

chest:
Armour (1400+)
Life (90+)
Resists (30+ each)

helm:
Armour (600+)
Life (80+)
Resists (30+ each)
Accuracy (150+)

Shield:

Armour (1000+)
Life (80+)
Resists (30+ each)

Boots:
Movement Speed (25+)
Life (70+)
Resists (30+ each)

Gloves:
Life (70+)
Attack Speed (8+)
Mana Leech (2%)
Life Leech (2%)
#-# Phys Damage
Accuracy (150+)
Resists (30+ each)

Belt:
Rustic Sash is the base you want for the % phys

Life (80+)
Armour (250+)
Weapon Ele Damage (20+)
Resists (30+)

Rings/Amulet:
Life (50+)
Attack Speed (4+)
Mana Leech (2%)
Life Leech (2%)
#-# Phys Damage
Accuracy (150+)
Resists (30+ each)
Core stats (30+ each)
Mana Regen (30+)
Mana (30+)

Ill post you some example gear, now this gear is not perfect unobtainable gear that costs a million exalts, but as far as you are concerned it might as well be because most of it is probably beyond what you will be able to find/trade for this early in your time with the game. Ive played the game for 1000s of hours, thats why I have this crap lying around, but judge gear by how close it comes to this if you like. Im just going to go through my stash in diff leagues and link anything that looks decent for this sort of char so you can see what endgame gear might look like...

Spoiler

Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Mar 3, 2015, 9:28:32 AM
Or, just use this:

Attack speed, life leech, mana leech. Problem solved.
Well, if you can afford it, get a rare one with life and other mods(preferably leech) and craft attack speed on it.

This one was a drop.

Here's another one, more offense oriented.

Slitherpinch is nice, but in endgame, a single 70-80 life roll can mean anywhere from 200-300+ life, which is a lot. This is also the reason Maligaro's aren't worth it unless you have a legacy pair with 45%+ multi.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Mar 4, 2015, 3:27:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info