Fending : Resolute technique vs King of the hill, what is the best?

I cannot succeed to do the math, my chance to hit may vary between 90 and 95 and crit chance between 60 and 80 (14 level before 95).
Actually the troll build im leveling have approximately 8 attack per second and will soon go near 10 attack a second.
I know I should do a calculation like:
My chance to hit × my crit chance × my IAS to have my effective crit rate per second... but I do things wrong I get a too high number.

That is for starter. .. because when I had knock back I get lost because it should look like:
My chance to hit × my chance to kock back × my IAS to have my non crit chance to knock back on hit

Then I should mix my effective crit knock back rate but I really don't know how to do .
Me =/= mathematics
At this stage what I hope to determine is the minimum crit rate and chance to hit per ias to maximize the knock back chance per second, the incidence adding the knock back gem in the mix.

Finally what I want to achieve isnthe highest knockback rate per second that is possible to do in 1.3. So going resolute technique and increasing IAS overboard or going crit.
At the momenf the build is capable of handling Kohl and second form of dominus. .. if there is one or two mobs near and I plan idtomachieve lv 77 vagan and his ads, Eleron 76 and the mobs there, damage is not the concern, knocking them back out of screen is!
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think you will get two accuracy/evasion roll:
One to dertermine if you hit
Second to determine if the crit hit or is evaded

So Crit rate per sec = (chance to hit x chance to crit ) chance to crit x Number of Attack per second
In the luckiest case:
(0.95 x 0.95) x 0.95 x 10

To ease the thing i suggest using a spreadsheet:

Chance to Hit > 0.95 x 0.95 = 0.90 (90%)
Chance to knock back on hit > 0.90 * 0.72 = 0.648 i think it's rounded to 0.65 // CtKB X CtH
Chance to Crit > (0.95 x 0.95) x 0.95 = 0.85

So with crit with 10 attck per second
You will do 9.5 hit per second (accuracy is 0.95) you will KBoC 6 to 7 time a sec
You will KBoH 1 to 2 time a sec

Total Knock with KBoH + KBoC = 7 to 9 time a second if you are lucky
Without the support gem but with the passives you could barelly add 1 more knock time per seconde

Now resolute technique:

you hit 10 time a seconde and you KBoH 7 Time a seconde

So for your setting, if you want the more possible Knock back and are very lucky you could hope to Knock Back at maximum rate of 9 time a sec with a minus a 7 time.

IF you dont want to invest in crit and go reolute technique you will knock back 7 time a sec!

You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info