What is the absolute CHEAPEST flicker strike build?

Title says it all, I'm genuinely wandering
Oro's sacrifice let's you do it on a 3c trading budget or even less (oro's, cloak of flame, gang's momentum). I'm using this setup on my current char and it's quite fun but DPS is a bit of an issue right now. I'm only level 73 though and it's still very much a work in progress.
Use flicker and don't trade.
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
Use flicker and don't trade.

What the hell is this even supposed to mean
Hah those guys have a point. I can't say I have messed with flicker strike much but I do know in order to maintain FS you need frenzy charges. So, I would assume the most important thing would mean you need to keep your frenzy charges up. Research how you can gain frenzy charges (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Frenzy_Charge). I have had succes with the Blood Rage gem (when I have enough life leech/regen) and also the unique boots Blooddance. But, I did notice that when in parties Blooddance was ineffective at getting frenzy charges.
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
The cheapest viable flicker build the the oro's sacrifice perma flicker build.
It's actually very simple to play and you dont have to mess around with blood rage toggle.
The most expensive gear needed is just a 5L/6L chest or a tabula rasa chest.
You hold down the flicker strike button and it spam it just like you would any other skill like fireball or cleave.

The guide on it used flicker as single target damage skill with ST as AoE but this is completely unnecessary especially if you use a tabula and use melee splash with flicker.

Oh and everyone knows flicker is one of the best skill to show you how great the desync feature works in PoE. So make sure you have your 3rd party scripting program ready and spam your /oos script a ton.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:
The cheapest viable flicker build the the oro's sacrifice perma flicker build.
It's actually very simple to play and you dont have to mess around with blood rage toggle.
The most expensive gear needed is just a 5L/6L chest or a tabula rasa chest.
You hold down the flicker strike button and it spam it just like you would any other skill like fireball or cleave.

The guide on it used flicker as single target damage skill with ST as AoE but this is completely unnecessary especially if you use a tabula and use melee splash with flicker.

Oh and everyone knows flicker is one of the best skill to show you how great the desync feature works in PoE. So make sure you have your 3rd party scripting program ready and spam your /oos script a ton.

Just looked up oro's Sacrifice and WHOOOOA!!! I would love to play around with one of those!
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
I tried it with a 6l oro's and honestly, it sucked
1handed flicker can be done fairly cheap you don't need a 20ex dagger you can even go swords if you want. Yes swords will have lower dps but it's completely viable unless your trying to do uber with only using flicker.

Oro's flicker is cheap yep but it forces you to go elemental.

Just get a high dps weapon and an abyssus helm and blooddance boots it's really all you need to do flicker.

I also wouldn't do flicker if your on bloodlines because of the can not die mobs in that league as they are really annoying when using flicker.
"
ThorOtheBIG wrote:

Just looked up oro's Sacrifice and WHOOOOA!!! I would love to play around with one of those!

Yes I actually made the oro's build twice (2nd time on torment league). With the oro's extra phy/fire damage received "buffed" from 20% to 10% the survivalbility got a lot better as well.

Again unlike normal flicker build you have to play around with blood rage toggle just so you would have frenzy charge to flicker with, oro's build passively replenish frenzy charges as you flicker and I was able to run Lv20 arctic armor with it while coincidentally help greatly with the 10% extra physical and fire damage you take.

My personal advise (that's different from the guide) that will make your life even easier is to run Lv1 CwDT with Warlord's Mark (passive leech) with optional Flammability for ignite chance/fire damage). I took this approach.

Alternatively you can run curse on hit with Herald of Lightning with Mana leech.

Lastly since the introduction of counter attack trigger gem I also run vengeance which is added free damage.

A lot of people dont play the build right, and they follow the guide so closely which do self curse which is clunky as hell and use ST for AoE which is unnecessary. Using Cast when damage taken (yes not curse on hit) with Unwavering means you will take a lot of hits which is passively and constantly proccing both flammability and warlords mark for unlimited mana and extra life leech and proccing vengeance on cooldown every chance its got...

This is an easy and fun build and was never meant to be competing with cookie cutter physical flicker build... and unfortunately most people dont know how to play this build right.

Hope you like it tho.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Feb 28, 2015, 11:18:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info