Private Leagues

"
muhomorov wrote:
It would be a great way to make all these Solo Selffound League threads disappear, though.

It wouldn't get rid of them though as they have always said that the paid leagues would never be more rewarding than the normal perma league.

The whole argument for self found isn't that they want to play solo and not interact with people and dilute their acomplishment but they want more loot thrown at them and self found is their excuse for it.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
From recent Q&A

"
Paid leagues - Is this still something you plan to do? Is it still a few years away?

We're still keen to do this. It's something to investigate once Act Four is out of the way.
Wow thanks for the answers, I figured this died in General.

As far as self-found making it easier... Yeah GGG probably wouldn't make a league with a higher droprate, but I think a lot of players are already toughing out self-found currently, and making a league for no trades would be adding a restriction, plus the accomplishment of leveling self-found would be more concrete. A lot of self-found-leaguers talk about increased droprates, but I think just getting a mapping set-up shouldn't require months of playtime and interpersonal skills, so the problem lies in the design of the game being a little too trade-dependent.
Last edited by ionface on Mar 2, 2015, 5:20:18 PM
I feel like the fair thing to do in a private league is make it possible (but not automatic, of course) to shoot map drop rates way up, but to necessarily keep the drop rates of everything else the same.

Like, PoE is a trading economy, but why should such a basic progression as "capability of leveling" be limited in this particular way in a private league? I think the map system involved a lot of ingenuity, but it just doesn't seem reasonable when you have more people literally incapable of trading outside of their own guild (which may consist only of themselves).
Private league might be a long stretch... but a possibly paid non-legacy retard item permanent league (retro stat item changes) will be in great demand for people especially newer players who's finishing temp leagues but dont want to get dumped into garbage leagues and watching all those retarded legacy item spam
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info