Would it be too late for GGG to introduce paid expansion for Act 4

"
Yerond wrote:
no but I'd pay for an offline version
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
It still bothers me that GGG haven't been a bit more ruthless though. Aside for the paid name change thing I mentioned before (100% cosmetic), they could do things like voluntary subscriptions for forum bling, pets, discounts on other mtxes...it's perfectly ethical to reward good and loyal customers provided it doesn't give them any unfair advantages, which none of this would.

They could also charge for the ability to have more than one pet out at at a time.

Another paid feature that would be awesome is the ability to turn any item into a permanent mtx skin. This would not be cheap, but it would be a step up from the 'transfer' mtx, which is designed to be disposable and inexpensive. I presume there'd be some way of returning the item to 'item' status. I'm sure they could figure it out. They're smart cookies.

Lastly, and this list is hardly exhaustive, they could charge a small fee for us to rename our hideouts on Standard (not sure how it'd work on temp leagues). I'd much rather call my little corner 'The First Zoo of Wræclast' than just another 'Lush Hideout'.

The fact that GGG have not done any of these (name changes are even a free service) speaks to their ethical rigidity...or maybe they're less interested in 'just making money' than some people might seem to think.

I love a lot of these ideas Charan. I don't understand why paid name changes hasn't been implemented. Currently they do them for free, which is being extremely generous imo. Other games such as League of Legends charge $10 for a namechange, which is a price that is likely high for POE, but also I price I paid for in LOL when I really had a cool idea for a name change. Renaming the hideouts seems like a really cool idea too.

"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
"
morbo wrote:
Why not gate content accessibility by RNG? Some days you'll be able to log into Act4, some not.

we did that on CB. lottery pass to get in? :p

on topic: yes, it is too late. also, it is part of the main game, unlike Atziri or Corrupted zones. how do you even sort that out?

Charan, you have very good ideas on MTXs. I would probably subscribe for that forum bling :D (as long as they give me some GGGold too)
I need more purple titles
"
"
Ocylix wrote:

Charan, you have very good ideas on MTXs. I would probably subscribe for that forum bling :D (as long as they give me some GGGold too)

Oh, of course there'd be GGGold! To the full amount of your purchase, I should think. What a 'voluntary subscription' does is ensure a steady flow of real cash for GGG rather than these silly 'hey look, we don't want to eat ramen this weekend, stash tab sale guys!' spikes. It's all getting a bit obvious.

Obvious? How so? Stash tab sales are recurring at pretty much the same intervalls, start of temp league, middle of it and after it ends.

This whole "Hey guys, i just had a tingle in my left toe, GGG are heaving money issues!" thing is a tad bit silly, dont you think?
Pfft, you really think stashtabs are making the most money now? Have you been in merciless act 3 towns lately? That crap is so full of tentacles halos and wings, you'd think you are looking straight at some... hentai reinactment of the nativity play.
Charan was just joking with the ramen talk. Not to be taken super seriously, as actual reality of GGG's situation.

Since making this post, I've learned a lot and many great ideas have been discussed, I'm very happy of that. Also my stance towards things has changed since my original post. Currently, I'm really in support of any kind of subscription type thing, forum-bling or subscription for one-time only MTXs at certain intervals, or other such ideas. This way we can donate to GGG more reliably if we so choose and GGG can have a more reliable and steady source of revenue, instead of a little here or a little there whenever something shiny catches our eyes. I think one-time only MTXs for subribers at regular predetermined intervals is a massive incentive to be a subscriber.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Last edited by KimchiGirlx3 on Feb 28, 2015, 8:15:09 PM
Now I understand how GGG make their F2P model work...

http://imgur.com/RbXCg1q
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
Last edited by Nutius on Mar 9, 2015, 3:00:26 PM
I'm too invested in the game to quit and I certainly don't want to. I wouldn't agree with the business decision, but I would pay for sure.
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
I haven't read the OP and nothing of the 6 pages afterword, but for fracks sake, haven't you got any clue? Haven't you got better ways to spend your time? For fracks sake!!!!1
Make this game (or any expansion) p2p after the huge support it have been received being f2p would be near a scam.
Last edited by MildorDArkehn on Mar 9, 2015, 3:45:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info