Fairgraves Spectral Throw - runtime error!

Trying run PoE on notebook:

and finally:

Content.ggpk is correct! PackCheck reports NO errors.
Same thing here
Hi there,

Are you running the Steam Client or Standalone?

Are you able to provide us with information about your computer by running dxdiag and sending it to us? (start, run, "dxdiag", and saving the information to a txt file) it would be appreciated as it really helps with us with assisting you find the cause.

Don't forget to put it in a Spoiler tag as it's quite extensive.
No longer works at GGG
Standalone client.

DxDiag report here: http://pastebin.com/v312LZWe
http://pastebin.com/d8FN9Mup - dxdiag for virtual machine - same effect, same client files.

Little fix for report:

Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Your Runtime Error is a Microsoft Visual C++ error.

I won't post it again, but:
--> http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1121228/page/3#p10207103

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to fix it easily :-)

If you run the stand-alone client, another option to try is to run the GGPK Defrag application linked in the Consolidated Technical sticky post followed by running a PackCheck.exe.

I've seen cases where PackCheck reports no problems, but crashes continue to happen anyway. After running the GGPK Defrag application followed by the packcheck, the errors went away.

Worth a shot, and will also likely reduce the size of your Content.ggpk file on disk (which is almost always a good thing).

Edit: just read the DxDiag..... why are you running PoE (and DxDiag) within a VirtualBox? That's likely part of your issue.

PoE does not run well within VBox VMs (from my limited testing).

Is there a specific reason you're using a VM? Is it because you're on an OS that is unsupported? If so, there are better ways to run PoE for other OS.
Last edited by Drakier on Mar 4, 2015, 11:20:21 AM
Running PoE in VirtualBox produces error same error that appears at my notebook.
"
Wintersky wrote:
Running PoE in VirtualBox produces error same error that appears at my notebook.

My point was, the DxDiag you posted looks like it was generated WITHIN VirtualBox.... so my question was, why are you trying to run PoE in VirtualBox?

That's likely your issue.

Can you run PoE outside of VirtualBox? What about DxDiag?
I found the other PasteBin DxDiag... and it looks like you're running an Intel 82852/82855... which as far as I can tell is a VERY old card and doesn't support Pixel Shader Model 3.0 which is required for PoE to operate.

Edit:

That PC is ancient. It only has 500MB of RAM, which isn't NEARLY enough to run PoE.

You need at LEAST 2 GB of RAM... you have 1/4th of that.

You should really check out the minimum requirements of games before attempting to run them.

Also, it's likely that the PC is so old that GGG's error messages aren't handled properly. In most cases, there are other errors that are generated when a PC doesn't have the proper hardware to support it... but you aren't getting them because it's older than is likely commonly testable.
Last edited by Drakier on Mar 4, 2015, 5:10:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info