Do you get bored of leveling up chars over and over again?

"
anvilgod wrote:
I understand people do it for trying out new builds, but I just CAN'T go through all the leveling up over and over again, doing the same areas 3 times per char. With 3 characters lvl 80+, doing everything from lvl 1 onwards is just boring and time-consuming. But that's just a personal opinion.

i feel the same. that's why i hope ggg deletes one difficulty level when act 4 comes and so on for every expansion until there is no need to repeat the same stuff. that would help....at least a little bit for a little while.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
Antigegner wrote:
"
anvilgod wrote:
I understand people do it for trying out new builds, but I just CAN'T go through all the leveling up over and over again, doing the same areas 3 times per char. With 3 characters lvl 80+, doing everything from lvl 1 onwards is just boring and time-consuming. But that's just a personal opinion.

i feel the same. that's why i hope ggg deletes one difficulty level when act 4 comes and so on for every expansion until there is no need to repeat the same stuff. that would help....at least a little bit for a little while.

To me its the opposite, making a new build is more fun than doing maps over and over, those are just boring and too grindy for me.
Hello!

I don't like to change builds with regrets. So, I make new characters. It takes me about three days to get to level 65. a week if I'm going slow. Also, it gives me a way to test a build as I make it. I don't follow other people's builds. I make my own. I know that if I die easy at any time before level 65, I'm not building in a viable way. This helps me to work that out. I like to play many different ways. I have some CI builds, some hp builds, some evasion, builds, some ranged, some magic, some tanky.
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
"
"
mephisto_n wrote:
Great input from someone who doesn't even play the game :
http://poestatistics.com/users/anvilgod/

Lol at stalking someone else and failing at calling them out.

Zero achievement done in the challenge league, no high level character in the permanent league, and he's already bored with the re leveling character over and over again? Is he re rolling at level 20 or what?

Last edited by Mephisto_n on Mar 1, 2015, 12:04:46 AM
It will be more fun when they add more acts and them maybe one day we won't have to do the same content 3 times.
Not really. Although maps from level one would be better. The only problem is act 3. I hope act 4 will be more linear.
"
mephisto_n wrote:
"
"
mephisto_n wrote:
Great input from someone who doesn't even play the game :
http://poestatistics.com/users/anvilgod/

Zero achievement done in the challenge league, no high level character in the permanent league, and he's already bored with the re leveling character over and over again? Is he re rolling at level 20 or what?

Excuse me for not being such a hardcore masochist like you. If you have nerves and energy to spend 8 hours a day in front of the computer, playing the same game well then congrats, but those 8 hours are a big waste to me. PoE is too much of a commitment and a luxury in terms of time needed to build decent chars. I don't play leagues. I tried, but it's not my thing.
"
anvilgod wrote:
"
mephisto_n wrote:
"

Excuse me for not being such a hardcore masochist like you. If you have nerves and energy to spend 8 hours a day in front of the computer, playing the same game well then congrats, but those 8 hours are a big waste to me. PoE is too much of a commitment and a luxury in terms of time needed to build decent chars. I don't play leagues. I tried, but it's not my thing.

You didnt have to justify yourself here, you just lower yourself to his level.
"

Same. This is why I dont hate botters in PoE. Leveling is so goddamit boring. Especially when you have to farm because your rng was so bad you dont have any decent gear b4 entering cruel and you dont have currency to trade. PoE is fun when you are decimating armies and this requires high level, high socket, high stats-lategame characters.
When Im making a new character I need to take a break in act three because I cant stand looking for clarissa, tolman and sewer entrance again.
I used to play only HC leagues, but I got so fed up with leveling I decided I will play standard chars from time to time.
To people saying: hahaha yo nob look at your account - well, there are some people who have a few accounts, arent there? Of course, not me, that would be illegall propably :)

"
What players usually fail to understand is that not everything that is frustrating and annoying is bad
You are a true HC PoE player! A masochist!
Of course frustrating things are bad. Dying to desync is bad. And dont even start - stack so much defense that you can survive 3-4 second lag. Its ridiculous to demand that from ANY player. If you would be selling rotten sausages and someone got sick, you would tell them to stop being a pussy and get a harder stomach and better immune system?

"
You don't even have to update your gear until you get to act 3 Merciless.

Stop playing tabula lameblast.

"
Shival wrote:

Stop playing tabula lameblast.

If I ever use it, I'll be sure to let you know. You also don't start with a Tabula Rasa on new leagues.

Trust me, gear barely matters before the end of Merciless no matter what you play and I definitely play enough builds to know that. Make sure you have a good weapon(if you use attacks) and a few resists, fairly easy to get and doesn't really mean anything prior to that. The game just isn't hard enough.

I think it is odd that you fixated on that of all things. I am pushing for a more interesting leveling experience.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Mar 1, 2015, 7:42:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info