Lightning Warp/Incinerate Scion advice

Any advice on where to take this character in terms of items and passives?

Equipment:

Skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAx4EBwhnCPQPqxBYFKkWvxg8GYoc3B8CH0EfxyaVKjgqjSt4LJwtRy2DLYstqDI0NZI22DpYOuFBh0kbS1dN41BCUzVVS1XGVi1fKmHiakNrF20Zb550VX_Ggh6DCYPbh2WMNpM6lSCXBpu1oqOmV6lurJivt7GQtfK3PrfWu-O86r0nwFTA48HzwzrEospK2L3bWd7l7FXxbPGz8kX56P4K_o_-ug==

Ideally I want something fairly tanky, able to do the damage and leach life back. I'm presently leveling a wrath and determination gem with the possible thought to take some less mana reserved nodes (or alternatively run them off blood magic) to increase the damage and defense. If I find a Grace I'll level that too. The original spec for the build is pewpewpew's incinerate build. But unfortunately I feel that hasn't been updated too recently. I took Vaal Pact (he didn't originally cause he thought it meant no flask use) so I feel I don't need eldritch battery and mind over matter. Of course this frees up a huge number of points from not having to travel so far down the tree. I was thinking of taking some of the Templar elemental damage (not wep elemental damage though) nodes to boost wrath and the herald of ice I'm using. It would also boost Incinerate. Incinerate has a 0% crit chance so I'm not freezing/shocking et. I also had the thought of grabbing the life/chaos resist nodes in that area as chaos resist is more difficult to obtain on items.

Equipment wise I know I have to ditch the belt. As soon as I find something with some life, resists and armor it's gone. Otherwise I don't think my setup is too bad for my level. The shield needs an upgrade and I'd like to find or buy Saffell's for the %block chance to spells. I'd like to get better gloves with armor/evasion as well. I feel that some damage reduced, some damage avoided, and leeching enough to cope with whatever I take is going to be the road for this character.

In the original guide it mentioned using added chaos damage against elemental resist mobs, however I'm having no problems with fire penetration and having a cwdt flammability lighting warp setup. Essentially that should knock off around 50% fire resist. I should possibly swap flammability for whatever it is that reduces their damage significantly for boss fights. But only just thought of that now.

Any constructive feedback, especially from anyone playing through a similar build, would be most welcome.
Alright, first, I would recommend taking a look at your skill gem setup.

Currently you have Incinerate + Life Leech + Fire Penetration + LMP. The issue with this setup is that far too few of your links are dedicated to DPS. Get rid of Life Leech and Fire Penetration and replace them with Added Chaos Damage and Spell Echo. Fire penetration doesn't scale nearly as well as Added Chaos does in terms of additional damage, and life leech hopefully won't be necessary with the right gear.
With that 4-link, you should average around 2k Tooltip DPS, which when properly shotgunned and stage will result in about 24k DPS at point-blank range. If you manage to get a 5l, then add on a Faster Casting, and if you get a 6l, then add an Added Lightning gem.

You seem to be running an awful lot of CWDT setups, more than I would think is reasonable. I would recommend that you cut it down to 1 CWDT setup as follows: CWDT+Enduring Cry+Immortal Call+Increased Duration.
The frost wall and lightning warp +CWDT setup seems to be a bit pointless to me, as you are making a wall to stop the enemy, then randomly teleporting away, which is just redundant. If you want to keep 2 CWDT setups, then I would reccomment that you choose one of the skills and link it with either increased or decreased duration, depending on which you choose.

Now, in regards to your tree, I don't reckon that you've got nearly enough leech to justify the use of Vaal Pact. You only gain 8% leech from the gem, and none from any other source due to the fact that you are using elemental/spell damage, meaning that you have an effective 3.2% life leech, which won't nearly exceed your regen cap for non-vaal pact life leech, meaning that you are gimping yourself.
I would recommend speccing out of the fire damage nodes, as it is better to aim for either more cast speed, general spell damage or even projectile damage as they will scale your damage from any heralds/auras and additional supports such as added lightning and added chaos.

Now, I agree that it isn't the greatest of plans to head for MoM, but I would still recommend that you take EB. Why? because you can then partner it with a Cloak of Defiance for the effect of MoM along with a great amount of +mana and +mana regen that it adds.
If you decide to go this route, then I would prioritize more of the hybrid health/es nodes in favour of the scion life wheel, and also the use of any extra mana regen. With enough regen you could also make use of Arctic Armour, which is an amazing defensive skill.

Now, if you have enough regrets or even a full respec available, then I would reccomend this tree:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA-egYPL0nkzoIZ9i9_gq3PkGHplc64fJFsZAtqNtZt9aDCcDjS1fxs2-em7XDOspK_rq748SilwYtgxmKH0EDHha_D6tTNVVLYeImlYw2f8bB86Kjgh7AVLzqaxeVIGpDCPQfxy2LbRkreCycU1JFnZrg6-4o-oLHogAEs8BmRUcy0biTlnR8S2jy8B-aO-FzgpvVpu08GjiQVScv7DjjahZv-tJmnsAa2wt-M6SRE55d8klR8NWVLgceEZYOSBqP9tr7Cf6zVyu9gjbpJKqApFXWZOcXLw==

It has a decent amount of life and damage, while also giving an extremely high mana pool and regen rate in order to sustain a high level arctic armour. It's a bastardized version of AngryCustard's witch skill tree, found here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1024272
I am currently following AngryCustard's build, so a lot of my experience with incinerate stems from that.

In regards to the rest of your gear, I would reccomend a Cybil's Paw as the main weapon of choice, as it gives life gain on hit to your spells, and scales especially well with incinerate. Try to find a high roll if you can, they are around 3-5 chaos.
Your belt is pretty bad, as neither of the leech effects apply to your spells. try and replace it with any rare belt with more life and resists.
If you go the EB route, then try to find gear that gives a large amount of ES, such as Rainbowstrides for the boots and a Rathpith Globe for the shield. If they are out of your price range, then try to get some rares with high ES. Additionally, with EB, there is no need for mana flasks, so replace them and the hybrid with some nice high level health flasks, or a health flask and a quicksilver flask. With regards to the other two, pick either evasion or armour and replace the one that you don't want with either more health or another quicksilver for the speed.

Well, that's about it, I hope that I was in some way helpful to you.
Thanks for the reply and I agree with a lot of what you're saying. Read up recently on KuteKitteh's Incin build under witch and a lot of the nodes you take he also takes. If leech isn't as effective with incin/spell casters what about LGOH?

You're right about needing to re-work the cwdt setups. Frost wall seems unnecessary occasionally. CWDT LW actually works well. I get moved out of the way of concentrated mobs and get to fire on them from another angle plus it keeps Incinerate at stage 3. When hit by projectiles it brings me within range of blasting them.

On the skill tree a lot of the witch starting points are nicer than Scion's. Is it worth dropping out of either the starting mana nodes or spell damage nodes and taking the witch ones instead? Would need to join up somehow but probably feasible.

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info