80% LESS damage... GGG world record for hardest nerf?

Based on that video, how's that not still viable? He's doing a 77 map np already, and a lvl 28 gem does way more than double that damage, plus you can have resistances on your weapon, no need to have damage stats on any other gear other than +1 curse, plus you're immune to reflect and corrupting blood. I might be behind on the definition of what's "viable" nowadays.

"
Zed_ wrote:
Based on that video, how's that not still viable? He's doing a 77 map np already, and a lvl 28 gem does way more than double that damage, plus you can have resistances on your weapon, no need to have damage stats on any other gear other than +1 curse, plus you're immune to reflect and corrupting blood. I might be behind on the definition of what's "viable" nowadays.
but isnt the guy on the video having a 50ex+ gear?
you cant base the viability of a build on such wealth

i honestly dont have an opinion if its viable or not, but i recognize that viable must consider more than dpsfactor
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Boem wrote:
"
"
Mohun wrote:
Yeah it's still viable.. WTS
LOL...

We can all craft a nice shipyard and run it with white weapons. The build is nerfed to the ground and 'Not' worth the investment(chromes/equip) or hassle the downside of the build brings(cooldown). This build was a good way of using burn prolif and quite refreshing from the dull flameblast mechanics. R.I.P

True, they should just nerf prolif by 80%.

No they should have nerfed mirror arrow by 20% and nerfed prolif so the end result is something similar without breaking this potentially solid theory-craft.

Now this skill is ruined for this set-up and once prolif nerf hits wreaclast.....nvm then.

Peace,

-Boem-

^This. Instead GGG have done what they always do and trample over semi/viable builds, Making it hard for new/league players to ever test true dmg potential and even survive in 78 maps.
using a test acc with the best gear (100ex+) and then nerf that build to the clear speed of a melee double striker without splash is not the way to go.

But yet endgame flameblast has the same base dmg as the minion 'total' Life (only 33% of this is MI dmg) without the 110% inc dmg every stage. Gr8 balancing m8
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
but isnt the guy on the video having a 50ex+ gear?
you cant base the viability of a build on such wealth

The only thing I could imagine to be able to bump the cost to that level is a very good +3 bow but he's using a white 5L in the place of his weapon in the video. According to his thread he's mostly using cheap uniques and hipster low-demand rares like EV/ES/HP chest.

I'm not saying the build is able to compete with TS / SRS / whatever op budget build in its current state but it's far from completely destroyed. I would imagine the 4 sec cooldown to be the biggest annoyance but it didn't seem to bother him very much in the video.

"
eragon1111 wrote:
Theorycrafter finds fun and effective build:

GGG: It's outrageous !! How can a player have more knowledge about skills and items combination than developers!!
GGG: Release the Kraknerf!!

Poor Players : Snif Snif, "Chaos plz, gathering for mjolnoob"

Why the F^^k is every cheap and effective build nerfed to the ground? Knowledge about game mechanics should be on pair with knowledge of economeh.

If someone knows economeh well he is able to enjoy broken OP and expensive shit in a long term.
But when player knows well game mechanics and abuses them via this knowledge - nerfbatt.

Like wtf? We don't want real world logic here - money > everything...

So you think it's okay for a build to solo oneshot everything in a 6 man lvl 78 map?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

So you think it's okay for a build to solo oneshot everything in a 6 man lvl 78 map?

No offense but if that's your "base-line" approach, GGG needs to nerf about 14 other builds/skill combination/mechanics.

People have been one-shotting screens in a 6-man party for over a year now and as long as it was because of a reasonable investment it seemed to me it was "deemed okay".

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

No offense but if that's your "base-line" approach, GGG needs to nerf about 14 other builds/skill combination/mechanics.

People have been one-shotting screens in a 6-man party for over a year now and as long as it was because of a reasonable investment it seemed to me it was "deemed okay".

Peace,

-Boem-

Name me those 14 builds that can do it with a 4-5 linked white item.
"
Krayken wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

Name me those 14 builds that can do it with a 4-5 linked white item.

How does that even make sense. My response was to xav's. As in, are you okay with the fact builds can
one-shot and carry a 6-man party in 78 maps.

If that's your baseline, there's plenty of builds ready to be butchered.

I never said this build didn't need a nerf, well in fact i did, proliferate needs a nerf since it's the catalyst that allows all of these bugged AOE screenclearers.

Instead they nerfed an interesting concept and left proliferate as is, destroying the symptom instead of the source.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
VictorDoom wrote:
eh id say the hardest nerf they made was in OB, to CI, they ruined it, mirror arrow prolif is still very much viable

qft

this cheap movement build still faceroll and carry groups 78s for under 100ex... even after 80% nerf, such ridiculous expectation and reaction.

for those still bhurt use some of that 'creativity' for real and do a melee build under 100 ex to faceroll and carry 78s, see how that goes
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
"
"
VictorDoom wrote:
eh id say the hardest nerf they made was in OB, to CI, they ruined it, mirror arrow prolif is still very much viable

qft

this cheap movement build still faceroll and carry groups 78s for under 100ex... even after 80% nerf, such ridiculous expectation and reaction.

for those still bhurt use some of that 'creativity' for real and do a melee build under 100 ex to faceroll and carry 78s, see how that goes

Not possible, GGG stance for this matter is "f^^k melee" hance its not possible.

"F^^k melee" = "anything that will boost melee would boost also range 10x more. We can't balance idiotic mechanics we have introduced to the game to make melee more viable, so we will just IGNORE the problem"
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info