Have anyone ever tried Ranged Attack Totem build?

i would use dual crit totem with 6L

-tornado shot
-lmp//gmp
-faster attack
-ranged attack totem
-added fire
-crit multi // faster projectiles // phys projectiles

what do u think?
A guild mate of mine did it with KB. There are too many drawbacks with RAT (ranged attack totem) imo:

- 50% less damage
- 30% less Attack Speed
This alone makes it awful. Additionally
- Must take totem life nodes or totem will be oneshot
- Totem nodes are really far away from bow/wand nodes
- HUGE mana multiplier and I dunno if Life leech/mana leech works with totems

Really, its horrible IMO and its better done as self-attacking.

[Not to say you can't make it work for the lulz, your just better off without the totem tho]
Last edited by CabooseDog on Feb 25, 2015, 8:29:14 PM
I like linking Barrage, Blind, Knockback or any other effect type supports on it. it's kinda of a little a toy machine gun for me. not really useful but pretty fun to play with.

Functionally, there are better alternatives. Unless Soul Mantle (without AB). then its a nice addition to your DPS at the cost of changing your playstyle completely.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.

Pure strength build, totems, use Ancestral Bond.

Iron Grip keystone, Point Blank, Chin Sol. (They use your bow, like Mirror/Blink arrow for ranged attacks)

Blood Magic + Mortal Conviction. Run Hated and Herald of Ash on yourself - the totem benefits.

Soul Mantle chest.

Ranged Attack Totem - Tornado Shot - GMP - Added Fire for a four link.

5 - +Pierce

6 - +Faster Attacks

EDIT: Yes, a RRGG+GG on an Int chest.

I've gotten a RRRBB Bronn's Lithe, it's possible with the magical Vorici.

- My Soul Mantle was also RRGG earlier. Added Fire / Fire Pen / EK / Faster Projectiles.

Then I wanted faster casting.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Last edited by XigTek on Feb 25, 2015, 9:41:57 PM
ya I tried it with this gear: Basically by the time the totems start to fire, you could have already killed everything by shooting it yourself. RAT, is not nearly as good as spell totems.

Bear, quite interesting that someone is attempting to make soul mantle builds work on Torment league. Wondering how is your progress with that character so far.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Bear, quite interesting that someone is attempting to make soul mantle builds work on Torment league. Wondering how is your progress with that character so far.

Speaking from my own playing around with Soul Mantle, it's pretty fun. Especially with Arctic Breath or Fireball - it's like playing a Cast on Crit build..

.. Only in triplicate.

But I prefer my Ethereal Knives tri-totem set up. :)
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Yes, it's horrible.

The only time I tried it was with a support character designed to cc enemies. Quill Rain 3x RAT Split Knockback with a ton of attack speed and Frenzy Charges and the Fending cluster.

It ended up doing like 2k dps per totem in Merciless, but it was firing like 5aps from each of 3 totems and each shot was 6 arrows. It just covered the screen in arrows and kept everything pinned to walls where they couldn't do much.

Overall though, it was impossible to solo with and that amount of knockback caused considerable desync.

For straight damage? It's pretty much worthless.
"
Deadpeng wrote:

great. He's level 77 atm, and I can do high quantity high level maps with negative resists if I want to go full magic find - found 5 shitty uniques in one map yesterday. each arctic breath totem is doing 20k damage with high freeze chance and freeze duration - this is not considering the fact that I have cold pen from tree + elemental weakness and frostbite dual curse. I also had a frost wall build that was really great for leveling but now the character is so strong I don't really need to added defense I can just go full artillery

To put it simply it's one of the most underated uniques in the game. Especially considering how Maligario's restraint works with it. If the player shocks themselves their totem gets +60% damage. But then...if the totem shocks itself too, it gets another 60% damage on top of that for a 120% damage bonus!

Soul Mantle is a chaos recipe MACHINE that's been funding my other builds since I linked it.
Last edited by BearCares on Feb 26, 2015, 3:38:58 PM
How do you do so much damage. My pure glass Tri-arc witch does only 3.9k dps with her totems. I use Soul Mantle - Arc - Lightning Pen - Fasting Casting - Empower - IIQ - IIR
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info