Merveil pretty much destroyed me

So i'm using a level 19 witch. Tried to fight merveil, it went horribly. she basically just ate me within seconds. all my zombies gone, my fire spells didn't do much, tried to hit her with ethereal knives, and ended up dead.

I have no better plan as of yet but to level some more and try to get better spells/equipment.

Any advice? the elemental resist seems like a pain to overcome.
Make sure you have decent cold resist. Buy sapphire rings from Nessa, or make them by selling an iron ring with a blue? (maybe green, not sure) gem to a vendor. Try to dodge her ice sprays when you can. That should limit the damage you take. Heal up with life flasks; make sure they're the highest level you can equip. Level 19 lets you equip greater flasks iirc.

As for damage, any spell should work as long as you've been leveling it up. Even if you kill a bit slowly, you should be able to stay alive for a pretty long time. You can also try a 2handed weapon with molten strike or static strike or something if you want to kill her fast. Any 2hander close to your level (you can add %inc phys damage by vendoring it with a blacksmith's whetstone and a rustic sash) should destroy Merv fairly quickly.
IGN: mopepy
Or as a Witch I would suggest not getting within melee range if you can help it. Here's my technique:

Create a Shadow character, rush Hillock and get to town. Pick up the Fire Trap reward and put it in your stash. Delete this character.

Equip Firetrap with your Witch, max cold resist (or at least have 50%), then FT and kite around. Raise some Skellies instead (no need for bodies) to keep her occupied and you should knock her over quickly enough.
I'll give both a try, but i haven't found a skellie gem yet, just the zobbie one.
I would rather use the old method - keep hitting and dying - you can kill the boss maybe in 10 deaths. Then you can gear up yourself along your journey.

There is no death penalty in normal difficulty.
find cold resist gear
IGN TylordRampage
"
PD_Fae wrote:
I would rather use the old method - keep hitting and dying - you can kill the boss maybe in 10 deaths. Then you can gear up yourself along your journey.

wait she keeps the damage between deaths? i did not know that. still i want to try to find a skellie gem though before i fight her again.
Pick up two random 25-30% cold resist rings. Health if possible.

After that she should be very easy.

Trade for the skelly gem, they typically run like 1 fuse.
Last edited by Crowcide on Feb 24, 2015, 12:40:21 PM
Some coment here are just funy, att wich point you have not get it its fresh new player or start. This reminde a loot of on twinked players in TQIT, they totaly lose tach of how game actualy worck not to mention RNG.
Thing i notice and tho i have some expiriance make absolutly no difrance when i started in lige fresh.
Frst in each act i never for the life of me whas able to finde rezistance ring i need for boss fight, Cold in act 1 and lightning in act 2 and so on. I comented that COINCIDANCE to my frend becouse it whas so obvious tha make it realy strange.

My advice is to focuse mor on geting good potions for your level ( 3 same potion = next tier potion), and if need be get one mor level up before you can use next tier. Next you may trie and make them magic and whit bit of luck you may get elemental rezistance during potion duration.
Also i advise having 2 weapons, best one will probably be Sceptres whit 20% elemental demage, you can finde them in shops on level 10 i think. Next you may look for one whit sockets you can use ofcors and then do wendor recepy to get +1 on level of element gems you using. Same recepy exist for helmets and it incrise level of minion gems.

When it come to Mercles act 3 frst quest, well boss is just OP no mather your rezistances becouse your HP/ES just cant keep up, strategy here is to have some of Vaal gems ready and nuke boss whit vaal sparks or similar.

Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Feb 24, 2015, 3:37:33 PM
"
Emilin_rose wrote:
"
PD_Fae wrote:

wait she keeps the damage between deaths? i did not know that. still i want to try to find a skellie gem though before i fight her again.

Yes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info