Self Immolation? (Scold's Bridle+Cloak of Flame+Mokou's Embrace)

It seems to me that the combination of Scold's Bridle ("Your Skills deal you 400% of Mana Cost as Physical Damage"), Cloak of Flame ("20% of Physical Damage taken as Fire Damage"), and Mokou's Embrace ("+25% chance to be Ignited") should cause your own skills to immolate you, which could be extremely beneficial combined with the 20% attack/cast speed bonus you get from Mouku's (or 40% with two Mokou's).

Does this combination work the way I think it will?
"
Damon_Tor wrote:
It seems to me that the combination of Scold's Bridle ("Your Skills deal you 400% of Mana Cost as Physical Damage"), Cloak of Flame ("20% of Physical Damage taken as Fire Damage"), and Mokou's Embrace ("+25% chance to be Ignited") should cause your own skills to immolate you, which could be extremely beneficial combined with the 20% attack/cast speed bonus you get from Mouku's (or 40% with two Mokou's).

Does this combination work the way I think it will?

jjdog is that you.
interesting idea but, if it works, is it really worth it ?
IGN TylordRampage
It does work, yes. Do note that you need to deal at least 1 point of Fire Damage after Resists and other sources of mitigation.
Interesting unique combo for an ignite-based character: net of up to 50% increased ignite duration, 30% chance to ignite, 50% increased fire damage, 100% increased spell damage, and 25% increased cast speed on two rings, a chest, and a helmet. It'll hurt a bit, though, and not much defenses to speak of.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 24, 2015, 4:40:32 PM
"
Malone wrote:
interesting idea but, if it works, is it really worth it ?

I think so, yes. Dual Mokou's yeild 40% increased cast/attack speed when ignited, which is huge. Alternatively, you could have one Mokou's and one Berek's Pass for 20% attack/cast speed and 30% increased damage.

Mokou's is a good ring for fire characters anyway: IIRC, it's the most increased fire damage you can get on a ring, the cold and fire resists are excellent, and the ignite chance is always welcome.

Scold's Bridle is also a very strong item, with its massive spell damage boost and the ability to abuse a variety of effects such as CWDT and Vaal Molten Armor, though it lacks much defensive power.

The weak link is Cloak of Flame, but it's not totally worthless: the physical damage mitigation is adequate and again you have great ignition support. I'm sure you'd miss the raw damage mitigation of Shavronnes or Cloak of Defiance, but I think it would be worth the offensive power you'd be throwing around.
I think you'd want a skill with very high cast speed and low base mana cost. I've seen Incinerate used with Elreon Jewelery so that it does exactly 1 self-damage through Scold's, and hits frequently enough to reliably keep one ignited.

"
Damon_Tor wrote:
The weak link is Cloak of Flame, but it's not totally worthless: the physical damage mitigation is adequate and again you have great ignition support. I'm sure you'd miss the raw damage mitigation of Shavronnes or Cloak of Defiance, but I think it would be worth the offensive power you'd be throwing around.

Cloak of Flame's mitigation is pretty reasonable with Arctic Armour given that it 'double dips' both fire and physical reduction. See this thread for some numbers (possibly out of date now). Also did you really mean Shavronne's Wrappings, or were you thinking of Lightning Coil?
Might be fun with Pledge of Hands for a turbo flameblast build. All the chance to ignite could also allow dropping the chance to ignite support gem too.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
Norky wrote:
Cloak of Flame's mitigation is pretty reasonable with Arctic Armour given that it 'double dips' both fire and physical reduction.
Doesn't apply here. We need to take at least 1 Fire damage from Scold's for this combo to work, which means we can't level Arctic Armour effectively.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Doesn't apply here. We need to take at least 1 Fire damage from Scold's for this combo to work, which means we can't level Arctic Armour effectively.

D'oh, good point. I was not thinking.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info